British Speedway Forum
eric i

2023 GP line up/wildcards

41 minutes ago, chunky said:

Particularly as you get older...

Thing is, people say about Vaculik and Thomsen getting wild cards because of their injuries, but what about Woffinden?  Granted, he didn't miss full meetings, but he was unfit at Cardiff, and missed a couple of rides. If it hadn't been for that, HE could have made top 6!

Vaculik missed a whole round and only finished 2 points behind Tai, whilst taking 2 wins and a 2nd. More wins and more finals, although Tai did make more semi finals.

13 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Vaculik missed a whole round and only finished 2 points behind Tai, whilst taking 2 wins and a 2nd. More wins and more finals, although Tai did make more semi finals.

But does he drink Monster ?

Did I hear Fricke just say he is in next years GPSeries.?

If he is in I would say definitely no Russians next year. If so, I won’t miss them.

2 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Did I hear Fricke just say he is in next years GPSeries.?

If he is in I would say definitely no Russians next year. If so, I won’t miss them.

He got in through the Challenge final didn't he?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HenryW said:

He got in through the Challenge final didn't he?

He didn't but Bewley did and he moves up as Bewley qualified from this years' gp. Or they could do what they did last year when they picked Holder and Bewley and ignored the next places from the GP challenge?

Edited by SPEEDY69

10 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

He didn't but Bewley did and he moves up as Bewley qualified from this years' gp. Or they could do what they did last year when they picked Holder and Bewley and ignored the next places from the GP challenge?

Thanks, forgot he was 4th in GPChallenge, and that was after I put him in my list for next year I put up on here on Sunday. Doh!

2 hours ago, chunky said:

Particularly as you get older...

Thing is, people say about Vaculik and Thomsen getting wild cards because of their injuries, but what about Woffinden?  Granted, he didn't miss full meetings, but he was unfit at Cardiff, and missed a couple of rides. If it hadn't been for that, HE could have made top 6!

I really don't get the Woffy hate on here. Granted he's not the top dog he's used to be, but he's still getting to semis/finals, still has moments of pure magic, and if he can stay injury free (big if I know) is one of the few who can get close to Bartosz. 

Yet some on here go on like he's Scott Nicholls with the ego of Nikki

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Greeno1861 said:

I really don't get the Woffy hate on here. Granted he's not the top dog he's used to be, but he's still getting to semis/finals, still has moments of pure magic, and if he can stay injury free (big if I know) is one of the few who can get close to Bartosz.

As I said, he is clearly still one of the Top 15 riders in the world, and as you say, he knows how to match - and beat - Zmarzlik.

• Like 4

2023 FIM SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX LINE-UP (in FIM ranking order – rider numbers to be confirmed)

1. Bartosz Zmarzlik (Poland)

2. Leon Madsen (Denmark)

3. Maciej Janowski (Poland)

4. Fredrik Lindgren (Sweden)

5. Robert Lambert (Great Britain)

6. Dan Bewley (Great Britain)

7. Patryk Dudek (Poland)

8. Tai Woffinden (Great Britain)

9. Martin Vaculik (Slovakia)

10. Jason Doyle (Australia)

11. Mikkel Michelsen (Denmark)

12. Jack Holder (Australia)

13. Max Fricke (Australia)

14. Anders Thomsen (Denmark)

15. Kim Nilsson (Sweden)

SUBSTITUTES

1. Andzejs Lebedevs (Latvia)

2. Jan Kvech (Czech Republic)

3. Kai Huckenbeck (Germany)

4. Luke Becker (USA)

5. Dimitri Berge (France)

6. Timi Salonen (Finland)

7. Marko Levishyn (Ukraine)

Well that's Zmarzlik's 4th world title already sealed.

Terrible picks. Series will be even weaker next season with Kim Nilsson coming in for Przedpelski.

8 minutes ago, TTT said:

Terrible picks. Series will be even weaker next season with Kim Nilsson coming in for Przedpelski.

So Kim Nilsson will do worse than Przedpelski?

The only missing rider that would have made the series stronger is probably Dominik Kubera, but there was no chance they were going to pick another Pole as well as Dudek.

Edited by baiden

Just now, baiden said:

So Kim Nilsson will do worse than Przedpelski?

Yes.

43 minutes ago, TTT said:

Nilsson wasn’t a pick. He qualified by right through the GP challenge. 

• Like 4