British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Poole/Plymouth Sunday 25 September 2022 - Semi-final Championship Play offs

Hopefully Jubilee Cup will be one off final at a neutral venue as originally planned. 

Oxford would fit the bill if Sheffield can't fit it in. 

Re Presentations, guess they have to get donne b4 cry baby Brennan gets his van loaded again and leaves his team mates to it. 

Wouldn't be surprised if they flogged him to BV. 

36 minutes ago, wtf said:

I agree, the team building has been the same plan for a while now. If you keep doing the same thing expect the same result.  I think you need a fresh approach 

Nicol was the obvious error, and Cooks stock has dropped. But the big blows were the losses of Ostergaard and Hume. Not saying that they'd have beaten Poole with those two fit but they'd have stood a much better chance.

Luck with injuries and momentum are massive going into Play Offs, Poole have both and Glasgow neither. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bagpuss said:

Nicol was the obvious error, and Cooks stock has dropped. But the big blows were the losses of Ostergaard and Hume. Not saying that they'd have beaten Poole with those two fit but they'd have stood a much better chance.

Luck with injuries and momentum are massive going into Play Offs, Poole have both and Glasgow neither. 

Good points but the same weaknesses have persisted all season. Nicol looks like he's never ridden Ashfield before.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I just think they don't build teams, they build a group of well paid individuals. It'll always be that way if you employ the same type of riders. I've been in and around every team in the pits for many years and they all say the right things, but they don't build a real team spirit.

The main issue has been that Craig’s struggled at times and knocked quite a bit off his average, and Ulle hasn’t been the same returning. The former wasn’t expected but the latter was. That said, Ulle deserved to come back because he was phenomenal in 2021 before his injury.

Basso and Hume coming in for Sam Jensen and Ricky Wells has been a net positive.

Broc has underperformed, but his average is still higher than at the start of the season, I think.

Connor’s been very solid and as quick as anyone at home, but I think he needs regular riding somewhere else to progress.

I said bend 4 was dodgy. Basso for third time and Lawson 

3 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Basso been out of control all night.

change night to season:rofl:

Edited by wtf
  • Haha 1

Yep, that’s what happens when you want to ride the fence and you get it wrong. I think some of the southerners don’t realise how different the ground is in Glasgow in early October compared to August. It changes sharply up here.

And another down on bend 4. Ablitt exc.