British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2023

1 hour ago, ouch said:

His 7.03 average is from 2014 as he didn’t ride in enough meetings in 2016 with him being brought in for the play offs. He replaced the unfortunate Joonas Kylmakorpi who had increased his average for Wolves but stupidly on his part increased it to 7.06. This is when CVS ditched the poor lad in favour of the World Champion. No 8 point reassessments back then for GP men, even the world champion. Kylmakorpi wasn’t injured and the ringers rule was brought in the next season due to Wolves tactics. 

Crowds continued to drop alarmingly in the UK. 

Sounds like a still bitter Aces fan :D

• Like 2

On 8/3/2023 at 2:58 PM, stevebrum said:

Personally for me a rider that shows loyalty to the British leagues deserve more respect.

Yes, I’m all for all the top boys being back in the UK top league and if the pay was good they would be it’s that simple.

Take Lambert last season, purely here for the glory and just the play offs. Great to have him racing here but I have no respect for him or the Aces for that move.

Great to have Woffy back absolutely.  I’m no fan of Doyle but he deserves more respect for choosing the UK as one of his main leagues season after season. Any top rider back in the UK we should applaud however some are only here for glory/convenience/other clubs out the play offs/ extra pay check etc.

Woffy is a GB legend and our greatest ever rider. He is only here for a few matches tho.

Woffy has been great, but greatest ever British rider I'm not sure on that.  Most world titles yes but best isn't something that's clear cut.  Peter Collins for me would be above on that list as would Peter Craven (who would almost certainly added to his 2 world titles).  

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Fed up of hearing such BS from that season even all these years on. The change was made well before the playoffs, if you don't believe me check speedway updates. Check the last 5 regular home league meetings and you will see Tai' s name listed as riding.

Kylmakoorpi had just come back from a nasty injury (yes there was an injury involved) and failed to score in consecutive meetings, prompting the change to ensure we made the playoffs.

If you're not sure of the facts, don't make it up!!!!

I will tell you a fact the last meetings he got 0 he already knew he was being replaced. 

1 hour ago, Wolfie456 said:

Sounds like a still bitter Aces fan :D

Very bitter, because your only contribution to the whole sorry saga was cheering when Joonas got injured. So sad. 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, ouch said:

Very bitter, because your only contribution to the whole sorry saga was cheering when Joonas got injured. So sad. 

What are you talking about man nobody cheers when one of there own riders gets hurt grow up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wolfie456 said:

What are you talking about man nobody cheers when one of there own riders gets hurt grow up.

What you mean to say is nobody cheers when ANY rider gets hurt - I hope!

On 8/3/2023 at 2:58 PM, stevebrum said:

Personally for me a rider that shows loyalty to the British leagues deserve more respect.

Yes, I’m all for all the top boys being back in the UK top league and if the pay was good they would be it’s that simple.

Take Lambert last season, purely here for the glory and just the play offs. Great to have him racing here but I have no respect for him or the Aces for that move.

Great to have Woffy back absolutely.  I’m no fan of Doyle but he deserves more respect for choosing the UK as one of his main leagues season after season. Any top rider back in the UK we should applaud however some are only here for glory/convenience/other clubs out the play offs/ extra pay check etc.

Woffy is a GB legend and our greatest ever rider. He is only here for a few matches tho.

If you mean for Wolves then fine but disagree completely if you mean GB's greatest.

So what average does Tai come in on then, is it 7.03 from 2014 or is he assessed as an 8 pointer, just wondering coz Emil surely had an average from 2011  but when he rode for Coventry but was assessed as an 8 this season, unless it's because his average was 12 yr old rather then 9 yr old like Tai's, just asking.

8 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

So what average does Tai come in on then, is it 7.03 from 2014 or is he assessed as an 8 pointer, just wondering coz Emil surely had an average from 2011  but when he rode for Coventry but was assessed as an 8 this season, unless it's because his average was 12 yr old rather then 9 yr old like Tai's, just asking.

GSAs list him as 7.03

3 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

I expect cheering tonight if Tai takes a tumble!

4 hours ago, ouch said:

He wasn't brought in for the play offs he rode 6 or 7 league matches as far as I recall

If Sheffield want to move forward this season and be on the trophy hunt then one of two things needs to happen sooner than later, 1) Adam Ellis’ form improves dramatically home and away to support him being third heat leader or  2) Adam Ellis is replaced with someone who can get more points in the third heat leader role.  If the Sheffield management rest on their laurels with Adam being a ‘mate’ then that could be season over sooner than they want it to be 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, kevin bass said:

Emil never rode enough meetings for Coventry to gain a proper average. 

20 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Emil never rode enough meetings for Coventry to gain a proper average. 

Did he not Arch, wasn't aware of that.