British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2023

8 hours ago, Najjer said:

Nonsense - it’s sport and it’s a competition. Sheffield have made changes to make sure they are as competitive as they deem that they can be. 

That goes for any job in the UK. If somebody isn’t performing as they should, they don’t have a god given right to keep that job over a foreigner because of their nationality. That is irrelevant if they aren’t meeting the required standards.

Note the winking emoji - it was very much a tongue in cheek comment

Personally think Sheffield had to make a move as Adam Ellis just wasn’t doing what was needed from a 3rd heat leader but it’s a tough one for Lewi Kerr as had done nothing wrong just purely numbers, Chris Holder will score more than Adam was doing  (generally scored 6 from 4 over last few months), but Claus Vissing will score less at reserve than Lewi Kerr was doing and doesn’t give Sheffield much cover down there now if Jason Edwards/Josh Pickering/Kyle Howarth is struggling in a meeting so could end up being zero effect.  

• Like 1

Kerr & Ellis have a combined ave of 10.84.

Can't see Holder & Vissing improving that. 

Sheffield have just deaded themselves I'm afraid. 

41 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Well they had to do something as Ellis was so poor and Holder should beat most second strings, we shall have to see, the downside is come the play offs they will most likely face Wolves, a team in form and a track Chris Holder hates.

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Ellis's average was dropping like a stone, but we will  have to see

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Kerr and Ellis' August combined average is 11.73. From Sept 1st it would be 11.27.

Holder and Vissing  11.16 from tomorrow.

Its always down to numbers!

Edited by Skidder1

15 hours ago, arnieg said:

Vissing is 3.96 so the change fits.

Claus Vissing will be a minimum of 4.00

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Kerr and Ellis' August combined average is 11.73. From Sept 1st it would be 11.27.

Holder and Vissing  11.16 from tomorrow.

Its always down to numbers!

I based it on just 2023 figures, more accurate to form. 

7 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Well they had to do something as Ellis was so poor and Holder should beat most second strings, we shall have to see, the downside is come the play offs they will most likely face Wolves, a team in form and a track Chris Holder hates.

Other than the Wolves riders I can't think of many riders who actually like Monmore Green. I couldn't understand why they used to hold the British Championship there year after year until the NSS was built.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ouch said:

012.2 TEAM COMPOSITION
A Premiership team’s initial declaration must not exceed 39.00 points for the top 6 riders. Rising Star riders will be declared at number 7.
A Premiership teams declaration must not exceed 39.00 points in any declaration following the issue of established MA’s for 2023 for 6 riders, (excluding the Rising Star rider). Except where the MA of the introduced rider is equal to, or lower than the rider being replaced.

Highlighted wording is what I referred to.

Of course, what I didn't think about was that CHolder's average is in excess of Ellis', so I guess that means the Sheffield redeclaration has to be below 39.00 - so that's why Vissing was chosen, and he's cheerfully on 4.00 (although I thought his most recent Prem average is 4.43?).

Edited by Roger Jacobs
Still trying to work out where the averages have come from!

14 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Of course, what I didn't think about was that CHolder's average is in excess of Ellis', so I guess that means the Sheffield redeclaration has to be below 39.00 - so that's why Vissing was chosen, and he's cheerfully on 4.00 (although I though his most recent Prem average is 4.43?).

I believe they use most recent average if possible and convert if necessary.

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Of course, what I didn't think about was that CHolder's average is in excess of Ellis', so I guess that means the Sheffield redeclaration has to be below 39.00 - so that's why Vissing was chosen, and he's cheerfully on 4.00 (although I thought his most recent Prem average is 4.43?).

Vissing's average was 4.43 from 2019 with Swindon.

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Vissing's average was 4.43 from 2019 with Swindon.

Yes so they used a more recent average and converted it.

5 hours ago, Steve55 said:

Other than the Wolves riders I can't think of many riders who actually like Monmore Green. I couldn't understand why they used to hold the British Championship there year after year until the NSS was built.

Maybe some riders dont like it but many ride it well. I think it produced good racing years ago.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes so they used a more recent average and converted it.

If only they(BSPA) would be more consistent whether to keep old averages or new ones.It seems sometimes they will make it up just to suit a team to fit a rider in.

• Like 1