14 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

What happened last year 

You brought a ringer in for the play offs and it worked

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

You brought a ringer in for the play offs and it worked

100% it did...

However..

Ringers get brought in every week, so no different...

Not sure it was a ringer, Lambert was on an earned average replacing an injured rider. The doubt is whether the change should have been allowed at that stage but for the sake of the final as a spectacle I'm glad it was.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

What happened last year 

You got lucky. You won't be able to do that again whatever lawyers you employ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Not sure it was a ringer, Lambert was on an earned average replacing an injured rider. The doubt is whether the change should have been allowed at that stage but for the sake of the final as a spectacle I'm glad it was.

Rules have been tightened now. Belle Vue didn't break the rule just manipulated it a bit. Lemon must have learned that  from Poole!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Rules have been tightened now. Belle Vue didn't break the rule just manipulated it a bit. Lemon must have learned that  from Poole!! 

Not Belle Vue's fault the rules were written out poorly!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Not Belle Vue's fault the rules were written out poorly!

Well, partly it probably was...

They would have either proposed how the rule was written, or nodded in agreement if someone else had proposed its detail...

Maybe it was one of those moments when a Promoter realises he/she/they (it is 2023), could make mileage out of something not spotted by anyone else...?

Didn't some ex Promoters run a fair few successful teams using that tactic... :D

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, and slightly off topic but...

I'm watching a Belle Vue meeting from 2019... And is it only me who can't stand the lass who announces there? Her voice is so painful to listen to and she has to have what seems to be a 5 minute shrieking dialogue after every single race... Honestly it puts me off ever wanting to go to Belle Vue, just to be shouted at for an hour and a half by her...

As I say, unpopular opinion as I'm guessing she's a big part of the club, but I can't be the only one who feels this way?

Edited by Diamonds85

5 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

I'm watching a Belle Vue meeting from 2019... And is it only me who can't stand the lass who announces there? Her voice is so painful to listen to and she has to have what seems to be a 5 minute shrieking dialogue after every single race... Honestly it puts me off ever wanting to go to Belle Vue, just to be shouted at for an hour and a half by her...

As I say, unpopular opinion as I'm guessing she's a big part of the club, but I can't be the only one who feels this way?

It’s just you, I think.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Do you mean Hayley Bromley? She also does BSN coverage. 

6 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

I thought she did a grand job when I went to see Sheffield there. Could be 3 years of experience to where she's improved, but I found her level of interaction and talking to the fans to be spot on, which is better than 80% of announcers who absolutely love the sound of their own voice.

• Like 5

Hayley Bromley is the centre green announcer at NSS usually. if that is who you mean, she also writes a column in the programme.  She's far better than Porkie from Monmore and the guy at EoESg.  I don't mind the guy that does it at Owlerton & Perry Barr as much as those two, but she's more knowledgeable than him IMO.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

I agree and have thought that for years.Her shouting is terrible she sounds like a screaming banshi.

2 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

I agree and have thought that for years.Her shouting is terrible she sounds like a screaming banshi.

Agree 100%, when I watch BSN have to mute her, thankfully they seemed to have a different presenter on there at end of the season .