British Speedway Forum

Hate to piss on the parade but getting a visa could take upto 6-8 weeks. It did for Zagar so imagine what it’s going to be like for Emil 

1 minute ago, Phil The Ace said:

Hate to piss on the parade but getting a visa could take upto 6-8 weeks. It did for Zagar so imagine what it’s going to be like for Emil 

Of course the application could have already  been made.prior to the news breaking

Just now, Dave Jones said:

Of course the application could have already  been made.prior to the news breaking

Hopefully it was 

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Emils Ipswich kevlars 

2DE8EEF4-AC31-42F8-A159-0EF6315F646F.jpeg

HAHA :D Top banter Phil.

3 hours ago, Grand Central said:

Of all the days to announce it !

Unbelievably dunderheaded.

Not great planning is it?

Anyway, let's hope Emil gets signed off by the BSPL....

14 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Possibly Ipswich had their hand forced  somewhat with the "naughty" press release by Sportowefakty yesterday?

Edited by Dave Jones

4 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

Possibly Ipswich had their hand forced  somewhat with the "naughty" press release by Sportowefakty yesterday?

100% certain it will cock up rather than conspiracy but at least it gives the offended brigade something to get exercised about - I am sure many including on here could not  actually tell you the date the invasion started unless the press helpfully reminded them - besides as far as I am concerned this all started in 2014 anyway 

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Well considering Louis is part of the board I don’t see any problems on that score, the home office is of course an entirely different ball game.

And before anyone jumps on the bandwagon I would like to see Sayfutdinov riding in the Premiership this year.

Edited by bigcatdiary

3 hours ago, Notenoughnerve said:

A signing that will probably be seen as wrong by the British public in general. The timing of the announcement is beyond stupid and any media attention it does receive, is now almost guaranteed to be bad. 

Why should it be seen as wrong by the British public are they not intelligent enough to realise the war is Putin's fault not Emil's or any other sports person unless they have said they agree with it.

5 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Well considering Louis is part of the board I don’t see any problems on that score, the home office is of course an entirely different ball game.

And before anyone jumps on the bandwagon I would like to see Sayfutdinov riding in the Premiership this year.

To be honest agree - I would have been reluctant to release any news until it’s 100% - maybe the permit is either in process / been told it’s going to happen - who knows 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You would think it is likely to happen if they have announced it. 

It could explain why we have been talking and speculating for so long without an announcement until now 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

It could explain why we have been talking and speculating for so long without an announcement until now 

The hand may have been forced by the polish announcement. However, presumably home office clearance would surely have been agreed beforehand. Or at least discussions with the home office regarding a visa and or work permit.

No chance of getting a visa. None. Russia is at war with Ukraine. Russia is destroying a beautiful country. People are dying.What sort of message is Speedway giving out here?

• Like 4