British Speedway Forum

The question is:-

Are Ipswich cooking the season ticket books to only announce later on Emil's visa was denied?!?!? 

• Haha 1

I think they are dipping their toes in the water to see what reaction they get. From the government, BSPL, sponsors and supporters . I tell you mine I will cancel the 3 season tickets I was going to buy and my sponsorship. I will be finished with speedway.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Hate to piss on the parade but getting a visa could take upto 6-8 weeks. It did for Zagar so imagine what it’s going to be like for Emil 

That would have been one of the first things they applied for before Christmas surely?

1 hour ago, GeneralMelchett said:

To be honest agree - I would have been reluctant to release any news until it’s 100% - maybe the permit is either in process / been told it’s going to happen - who knows 

Danyon Hume has been hanging on for his team place for months. Why wasn’t he announced today as well as Emil? Makes you wonder actually. 

2 minutes ago, Aries said:

That would have been one of the first things they applied for before Christmas surely?

Danyon Hume has been hanging on for his team place for months. Why wasn’t he announced today as well as Emil? Makes you wonder actually. 

Is it still in the balance  with Emil...i wonder ....

8 minutes ago, Aries said:

What’s Humes average? I think he might not fit given the posting from Presenter on the team building thread 

5 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

What’s Humes average? I think he might not fit given the posting from Presenter on the team building thread 

3.07 with 25% reduction, if he also gets the 2.5% British reduction on top of that then it takes it down to the minimum 3.00.

Just looking in from the outside it seems Ipswich want Emil but surely Artum Laguta is a better rider.

From a Rye House opinion

18 minutes ago, Aries said:

Because teams get more social media and news coverage by announcing riders individually that joint together usually. Especially given this one, I think Hume may of been overshadowed by Sayfutdinov somewhat.

2 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

Just looking in from the outside it seems Ipswich want Emil but surely Artum Laguta is a better rider.

From a Rye House opinion

It has been said Ipswich started talking to Emil in November - at which point it wasn’t clear if Laguta would be available, whilst it was much more likely that Emil would be given his greater length of time as a Polish citizen.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Najjer said:

It has been said Ipswich started talking to Emil in November - at which point it wasn’t clear if Laguta would be available, whilst it was much more likely that Emil would be given his greater length of time as a Polish citizen.

My thoughts exactly. You’d think that deal would be even more difficult to do. 

As much as I would love to see Emil again racing on British tracks there are still many fences to be cleared.

I understand he is now a Polish Citizen & will race on a Polish licence

However he has to submit application forms where he will need to supply his place of birth & that he has held a Russian passport until the need to become Polish was his preferred option.

will UKBA be happy to supply the required permit to someone that has less than one year as a Polish Citizen & not worked within Poland in that time.

Then there's the ACU who still have a blanket ban on Russian competitors or officials operating within their borders.

The BSPL are not an issue they will do as they are told by the senior authorities.

Guess it is down to oppo fans to protest to the Home Office then :rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Technik said:

As much as I would love to see Emil again racing on British tracks there are still many fences to be cleared.

I understand he is now a Polish Citizen & will race on a Polish licence

However he has to submit application forms where he will need to supply his place of birth & that he has held a Russian passport until the need to become Polish was his preferred option.

will UKBA be happy to supply the required permit to someone that has less than one year as a Polish Citizen & not worked within Poland in that time.

Then there's the ACU who still have a blanket ban on Russian competitors or officials operating within their borders.

The BSPL are not an issue they will do as they are told by the senior authorities.

The work to hurdle these fences has been going on since November. ACU, Visa, FIM, Polish authorities etc etc. if they’ve finally released news of his signing today then you’d think they’ve been given the green light on these obstacles. We have a meeting three weeks Thursday..

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Aries said:

3.07 with 25% reduction, if he also gets the 2.5% British reduction on top of that then it takes it down to the minimum 3.00.

Thanks