British Speedway Forum

10 minutes ago, TB1 said:

I don't see the issue of letting people in on p and p day as it would officially be classed as a meeting. After all its not as if we run 30 odd meetings a season like we did in years gone by.

I think if people were allowed in the promotion would be changed full rental from spedeworth. 

• Like 2

I believe that p and p and entrance is restricted due to  local council regulations and nothing to do with spedeworth. The only time it would affect Spedeworth would be the seven day rule regarding the frequency of meetings at the venue. Happy to be corrected on the foregoing.

Nasty nasty injuries for Jack Thomas

• Sad 1

Jack Thomas season looks over as he’s got 2 broken vertebrae and a broken neck, aswell as bruised lung and broken ribs. Getting operation soon. 
tough luck for the kid. Was due a good year. 

assume kemp will now come In

Another victim of Scunthorpes track, obviously dont know what happened or how he crashed but there have been far to many serious injuries at Scunthorpe 

• Like 2

That looks a bad one for jack. The kid has no luck what so ever ! Is the Scunthorpe track really that bad ? I’ve never been but heard it makes some decent racing but then there’s also been so big accidents there over the years. 

is Drew kemp on the rising star list this year.? I suppose other options are Rowe and thompson 

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Jack Thomas season looks over as he’s got 2 broken vertebrae and a broken neck, aswell as bruised lung and broken ribs. Getting operation soon. 

That's a bummer for young Jack and Ipswich, all the hard work Chris did to get Emil plus Rew signed up and then to lose Jack before a wheel had turned, will certainly make them weaker if they have to turn to Kemp as a replacement i think.

6 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

That's a bummer for young Jack and Ipswich, all the hard work Chris did to get Emil plus Rew signed up and then to lose Jack before a wheel had turned, will certainly make them weaker if they have to turn to Kemp as a replacement i think.

I rate Thomas, but given Kemp had a higher average than Thomas in both leagues last season I fail to see how it makes them weaker. Both have lots of potential, the question is can they fulfil it.

• Like 3

Best wishes go out to Jack.

Riders really do end up with the worst injuries when riding the Scunthorpe circuit.

Feel for Jack was looking forward to seeing him at Foxhall

Connor Bailey??? Touted as the next best thing a couple of seasons ago? ides with King Riss and Hume in Championship.

No doubt Kemp's ability but his mentality clearly isn't right being dropped from his last 2 clubs in the Premiership

Edited by blue witch

What's the evidence that Scunny has a bad injury record? I've always considered it very safe due to the width and shape but happy to be disproved.

Gutted for Jack.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I rate Thomas, but given Kemp had a higher average than Thomas in both leagues last season I fail to see how it makes them weaker. Both have lots of potential, the question is can they fulfil it.

Drew may of had an average higher than Jack but i just think that Drew has not kicked on the last couple of seasons and seems to fragile or not mentally tough enough when he has to mix it, he's fine when he traps but more often then not doesnt make much impression if he's at the back, he may of missed out on a ride in the other league coz he had an awkward average but it's strange then no one in the top league wanted him as their RS if he's on the list or as the other reserve, i hope im proved wrong and he kicks in this season given the chance coz ive got nothing against the lad and it's good to have a local lad riding for his local team.

Personally i would go for Anders Rowe to start the season, if you take away last season, the year before, before he got injured he was flying at reserve and got into the main body of the side.

The last couple of meetings he seemed to be heading back to that kind of level, and a season with Doyle etc. Would do him wonders

Kemp for me would be 2nd choice, again has good ability but i think as others have said its mentality and doesn't fancy mixing it often which will obviously not see him progress, but again maybe with doyle etc with him for a season that would be good for him 

3 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

If Jack didn't have bad luck, he wouldn't have any. Feel for the lad :(

• Like 1