British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw GP Saturday May 13th 2023

1 hour ago, Tinker said:

The incident between Smarzlik and Doyle reminded me of an almost identical coming together in last year's Premier League Final between Brady Kurtz and Tobiasz Musielak. Kurtz fell off on the outside but it was Musielak who was excluded.

I personally think Smarzlik should have gone.

You cant even spell 3 time World Champion name.... Your credibility is non-existant

35 minutes ago, Technik said:

When the Referee turns up with two young children & has to walk around with an FIM coat on he is more concerned about keeping himself & his kids safe.

He made a decision based on fear. If this had happened outside of Poland then I believe the outcome would have been different

I'm sure Doyley will get the benefit when the Australian round is held... oh hang on a minute!

And still some people think the Pole's don't have any advantage with loads of rounds always being held in Poland :)

1 hour ago, Falubaz said:

You aren't intelligent enough to understand the mataphor...

You clearly don't get irony, but never mind.

As for intelligence, I am intelligent enough to know that Zmarzlik got an iffy decision last night, pity the referee didn't, let that be an end of it.

4 hours ago, Falubaz said:

You cant even spell 3 time World Champion name.... Your credibility is non-existant

What a silly and sad post, that's all I can say. I was just making a point, no need to get personal. 

• Like 1

A random thought, but I noted that one person in this thread commented on Zmarzlik's signature move of diving inside into corners.

Another commented on him being given too much room around the outside.

Is that not a sign of a great rider? You don't know how to race against him? If you move out, he dives under you. If you stay tight he goes round you?

I know it's not really relevant to last night's final incident, but just seemed interesting that these comments were made.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gavan said:

Personally I think Zmarzlik was at fault 

However it’s funny reading old man Middlo who believes the referee cost Jack Holder??

Obviously the Poole boss doesn’t know the rules that no race can be awarded at GP level….. o don’t agree with the rule but surely Muddlo should know it 

Unfortunate for Holder ….. but someone had to be excluded so to see Muddlo get his knickers in a twist over the decision costing Holder is hilarious 

10.19 Finish of a heat
The finish of a heat shall occur in the case of any of the following circumstances.
a) when the front part of the front wheel of the motorcycle (whilst attached to the machine) passes over the finishing line after completing the appropriate number of laps provided the competitor is in contact with his motorcycle.
b) when the referee has awarded the heat as provided for in these regulations.
c) if the referee has cause to stop a heat after the leading rider has passed the start/finish line to commence the last lap, the referee has the sole discretion to award the heat based upon the positions of the competitors at the time the heat was caused to be stopped.
The disqualified rider will be awarded no points and any competitors behind the disqualified riders will advance one place.

d) where racing incidents etc. have reduced the riders available to take part in the rerun of any heat to a single competitor, the referee may award the appropriate number of points to the remaining competitor without the need for a further rerun.

5 hours ago, HenryW said:

A random thought, but I noted that one person in this thread commented on Zmarzlik's signature move of diving inside into corners.

Is that not a sign of a great rider? You don't know how to race against him? If you move out, he dives under you. If you stay tight he goes round you?

I know it's not really relevant to last night's final incident, but just seemed interesting that these comments were made.

Spot on !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gambo said:

10.19 Finish of a heat
The finish of a heat shall occur in the case of any of the following circumstances.
a) when the front part of the front wheel of the motorcycle (whilst attached to the machine) passes over the finishing line after completing the appropriate number of laps provided the competitor is in contact with his motorcycle.
b) when the referee has awarded the heat as provided for in these regulations.
c) if the referee has cause to stop a heat after the leading rider has passed the start/finish line to commence the last lap, the referee has the sole discretion to award the heat based upon the positions of the competitors at the time the heat was caused to be stopped.
The disqualified rider will be awarded no points and any competitors behind the disqualified riders will advance one place.

d) where racing incidents etc. have reduced the riders available to take part in the rerun of any heat to a single competitor, the referee may award the appropriate number of points to the remaining competitor without the need for a further rerun.

Someone said earlier that c) might not apply in World Championship events. I’m not sure one way or the other. Can someone please confirm.

26 minutes ago, gbrussell said:

Someone said earlier that c) might not apply in World Championship events. I’m not sure one way or the other. Can someone please confirm.

Gambo would not have posted that if it didn’t apply to GP’s- he definitely knows the time of day.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HenryW said:

It is the sign of a great rider IMO.Which Zmarzlik certainly is.

• Like 3

Why do Refs’s not disqualify riders  out of control who seriously impede other riders.Recently at Berwick the Ref stopped the race on 2nd or 3rd lap when Vissing impeded Knudsen even though Knudsen stayed on the bike and excluded Vissing .Is it different rules in Gp’s.Lindgren and Woffy both caused riders to take evasive action IMO.When it’s so obvious the culprit should be exclude IMO.

• Like 3

Didn't see what the outrage was all about. 50/50 call for me. Zmarzlik had got ahead of Doyle

Regarding out-of-control riders-Bewley knew he messed up. If he would have kept the throttle wound on he would have passed Lindgren. He got a bit spooked and knocked the throttle off killing his race. If you want to be world champion you don't knock the throttle off there. Zmarzlik, Lindgren or Doyle wouldn't. Keep it wound on or react quicker. Should come with experience.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chris said:

Didn't see what the outrage was all about. 50/50 call for me. Zmarzlik had got ahead of Doyle

Regarding out-of-control riders-Bewley knew he messed up. If he would have kept the throttle wound on he would have passed Lindgren. He got a bit spooked and knocked the throttle off killing his race. If you want to be world champion you don't knock the throttle off there. Zmarzlik, Lindgren or Doyle wouldn't. Keep it wound on or react quicker. Should come with experience.

Bewley as good as said in his interview that he should have laid the bike down and got Lindgren excluded and said that he had learned from the experience. Expect Dan to do a Nicki next time this happens!

If you want to be World Champion you lay the bike down. Remember Hans Nielsen/Dennis Sigalos at White City? Sigalos lifted. Nielsen laid it down and Sigalos was excluded.

37 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Bewley as good as said in his interview that he should have laid the bike down and got Lindgren excluded and said that he had learned from the experience. Expect Dan to do a Nicki next time this happens!

If you want to be World Champion you lay the bike down. Remember Hans Nielsen/Dennis Sigalos at White City? Sigalos lifted. Nielsen laid it down and Sigalos was excluded.

The question must be “should you have to lay the bike down when seriously impeded.Lindgren did get it down,but Woffy went right across the young Pole and pulled a huge locker and the Pole had to take evasive action.

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Why do Refs’s not disqualify riders  out of control who seriously impede other riders.Recently at Berwick the Ref stopped the race on 2nd or 3rd lap when Vissing impeded Knudsen even though Knudsen stayed on the bike and excluded Vissing .Is it different rules in Gp’s.Lindgren and Woffy both caused riders to take evasive action IMO.When it’s so obvious the culprit should be exclude IMO.

As it was years ago.