British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue v Ipswich Play off semi 2nd leg 3 Oct

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

I don't think the crowd will be that big tonight, I think result being decided last week will put a lot off tonight and save their money for the final and watch on TV tonight.

The website says no tickets available...

Presume that isnt the case?

Do they stop online tickets at some point prior to the start? 

What is this utter BS bringing in Lambert? Effing joke. Belle Vue fans must feel totally embarrassed. Shameful and wrecks the playoffs. Utter joke of a decision.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, mikebv said:

The website says no tickets available...

Presume that isnt the case?

Do they stop online tickets at some point prior to the start? 

Yes they always do, usually around 6.00pm when ticket office opens but was bit earlier tonight for some reason. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What is this utter BS bringing in Lambert? Effing joke. Belle Vue fans must feel totally embarrassed. Shameful and wrecks the playoffs. Utter joke of a decision.

If he rode for Poole they would still be underdogs.....:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Isn’t there a rule so no changes after 31 Aug? If I was in opposition I would tell BV to stick the trophy up their jacksy.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

If he rode for Poole they would still be underdogs.....:D

I would be ashamed. There’s something called guests or r/r. I call this cheating.

• Haha 1

Can’t believe that Eurosport are wasting time and money on what will be a completely embarrassing FARCE tonight when they could have chosen to cover the other semi!!

Sums up the joke British speedway scene COMPLETELY!

• Like 3

Come on BV hold your nerve in the play-offs for a change.

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Still think Sheffield will win the league. 

I don’t fancy Sheffield to get past wolves over the 2 legs think it will be closer than people think

Could nt see anyone stopping belle vue before lambert but now they should walk it over 2 legs 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

Can’t believe that Eurosport are wasting time and money on what will be a completely embarrassing FARCE tonight when they could have chosen to cover the other semi!!

Sums up the joke British speedway scene COMPLETELY!

They’ve been at Monmore Green so much I’m convinced Sam’s been given a free season ticket. Nice to see another track on display even if they tie is as close to a done deal as you can imagine.

1 minute ago, TTT said:

Come on BV hold your nerve in the play-offs for a change.

Oh dear!!!…..as if this meeting isn’t going to be a farcical waste of time!….don’t be such a bed wetter!!

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Right on cue.   Just sit back and enjoy the racing, doesn't affect the lower league so no skin off your nose.

• Like 1

Just now, ytsejam said:

Oh dear!!!…..as if this meeting isn’t going to be a farcical waste of time!….don’t be such a bed wetter!!

BV are the Tottenham Hotspur of Speedway so I'm not writing Ipswich completely off even though they've got a mountain to climb.

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I would be ashamed. There’s something called guests or r/r. I call this cheating.

There's also is something called a Mickey Mouse Bollox operating model which unfortunately renders all leagues pretty worthless in winning..

Therefore. Getting someone like Lambert to come over here should be something to sit back and enjoy..

Good to hear Chris Louis was someone who can see the bigger picture and his programme notes last week also gave you hope that some within the "higher echelons" know the potential of the sport if ran properly...

Here's hoping for 15 heats of exciting racing...

• Like 1