British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

meeting off tonight, rearranged for Wednesday.

You are about 12 hours behind on that one :D

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Pretty obvious it was going to be called off with the forecast for tomorrow. Very unlikely to dodge what is coming our way and if anything the forecast has got worse as the week has gone on. 

Leicester will get a massive crowd on Saturday with local and travelling support. A 14-16 point win for the lions could easily be enough so it will be a classic meeting not to be missed. 

This two meetings are going to be far better than the dross served up with BV v Sheffield.

Will have to take your word for it as they don’t televise Division 2

29 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You are about 12 hours behind on that one :D

Sorry about that..late to the party, just hope we can see two legs of speedway in reasonably dry conditions but it’s looking increasingly unlikely now.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, paulboy said:

Will have to take your word for it as they don’t televise Division 2

It would have been on BSN had it been on. 

6 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

I hope this is a wind up 

Can’t believe you changed it, in my pocket.

3 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

They were open when I walked past & popped my head in by the changing rooms .

No they were not open, big gates were padlocked from the inside, small gate was unlocked but closed with a bar through it on the inside, so unless you have keys? Or you climbed over you did not come into the track.

Edited by BTFC LION
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

How does the track compare with the night the council came to watch??

Have to wait til 7.30. However considering how wet the track was Vs Redcar if it was similar, can't see Nick Morris agreeing to ride on it considering he was moaning about the 'watering' of the Oxford track in the pairs! 

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

It would have been on BSN had it been on. 

Don’t think that’s TV?

Surely we can only be a short number of hours away from the usual suspect(s) telling us that it's hammering down in Poole and there's no way the meeting could have gone ahead ;)

9 minutes ago, iainb said:

Surely we can only be a short number of hours away from the usual suspect(s) telling us that it's hammering down in Poole and there's no way the meeting could have gone ahead ;)

Only minutes and I suspect that there have been showers throughout the morning. It's hammering down now and getting quite dark as storms move in.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, iainb said:

Funny you should say that

Currently in Poole

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, iainb said:

I am not one of the usual suspects but can assure you that it is indeed hammering down in Poole. A simple check of the rain radar will confirm  this fact.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's been raining most of the day so far in LE4. 

Forecast tomorrow looks ok

18 hours ago, iainb said:

Doesn't really matter what you say, if you can get the opinion of an SCB referee that'll do me :)

We know the Poole riders like a wet track because they were SO keen to keep riding at Glasgow. Poole never had ANY intention of riding the 1st leg

Don't need any SCB referee to make the decision I'm afraid