British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

1 hour ago, cyclone said:

As an aside IIRC, when I went to the 1977 World Final @ Gothenburg, the track was wet & the 3rd & 4th bends particularly.

The Swedes brought in a jet car to blast exhaust flames over the area, followed by a helicopter hovering over with its down draught aiding further drying.

It certainly helped!

Thats where the idea came from although I thought it was 74 when Michenek won but 77 may well be right. It always seemed to be wet at The Ullevi

Leicester only have rain (and Poole fans ) to contend with, Unlike in 2018 when it was wet and very cold the comets got a meeting iced off !!!

10 minutes ago, iainb said:

No mention of the Jubilee Trophy I note

Can't see that happening, perhaps  it could kick of the new season next year, you never know, Glasgow might like to join us 

Edited by Arthur54

I am sure Leicester are doing all they can to get the meeting on,whether any issues arose prior to tomorrow re track/shale is wet dry someone didn't or did do what ever is irrelevant get the meeting on tomorrow or Sunday or whenever they can certainly don't want to possibly win by having ridden the home leg only no way to win then once it's completed all the powers that be can see what may have been done wrong and make sure it don't happen again would start with the obvious running play offs in October.Howarth getting married in October he would have assumed season would have been over by now and Scott try as he will I would have thought Leicester fans would prefer Kyle to be riding his home track.Still it is what it is hopefully the meeting goes ahead and we can defend our lead.The track clearly won't be perfect so depends which team has the best gaters on the night and brave enough to fly round the boards if needed.

10 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

Good evening,  am posting this with the blessing of the gaffer, 

The reason for the back straight and turn two get churned up with tractor tyres is as follows, we have take 80 to 100 thousand ltrs of water off the track and from the drains over the past week or so, the only way of doing this is by tractor and water bowser, which only holds 4 thousand ltrs at a time, so you can work out how many trips that takes, the only place we can put this water is outside of the stadium,  our only exit from the track is along the back straight and turn 2 through the pits, we have no choice, can't leave water on the track, can't get it off without causing some damage to the track.

We will do our best to get this meeting on.

I have worked on that track for nearly 6 years now, have worked with the best track curators there are ,

So I find it disgusting by someone on here claiming I did something to the track which caused SD to end up in hospital. 

That 1 post has upset me big time.

Keep up the good work! The track has been the best it's ever been this season!

Whatever happens tomorrow I think you've all done a grand job in very difficult circumstances at the worst time of the Speedway season

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

The reason for the back straight and turn two get churned up with tractor tyres is as follows, we have take 80 to 100 thousand ltrs of water off the track and from the drains over the past week or so, the only way of doing this is by tractor and water bowser, which only holds 4 thousand ltrs at a time, so you can work out how many trips that takes, the only place we can put this water is outside of the stadium,  our only exit from the track is along the back straight and turn 2 through the pits, we have no choice, can't leave water on the track, can't get it off without causing some damage to the track.

I have worked on that track for nearly 6 years now, have worked with the best track curators there are ,

So I find it disgusting by someone on here claiming I did something to the track which caused SD to end up in hospital. 

You have every right to be upset,it was a disgusting Post,and what makes it worse it was from a so called Leicester  supporter.

22 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

I'm sure every genuine speedway fan will agree with that and empathise totally with you and wish Stewart all the very best. 

Sadly a few morons from Poole know no boundaries of respect. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HGould said:

I'm sure every genuine speedway fan will agree with that and empathise totally with you and wish Stewart all the very best. 

Sadly a few morons from Poole know no boundaries of respect. 

The person the he is referring to is Leicester supporter according to his profile.!!!

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

What’s the chances.

will give you a clue what comes after slim.

So you accuse me, wrongly, of causing Stewart Dickson heart attack, have been told it wasn’t me by several other posters, yet won’t retract and apologise. is that right?

• Like 1

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

So you accuse me, wrongly, of causing Stewart Dickson heart attack, have been told it wasn’t me by several other posters, yet won’t retract and apologise. is that right?

What you on about Stewart had the chest pains last week I was quoting a post made today so I have no idea we’re you got that idea from.

Anyway as you probably see I misquoted and had nothing to do with Stewart’s health issue.

Anyway Knowing Stewart you are not important enough to upset him.

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

What you on about Stewart had the chest pains last week I was quoting a post made today so I have no idea we’re you got that idea from.

Anyway as you probably see I misquoted and had nothing to do with Stewart’s health issue.

Anyway Knowing Stewart you are not important enough to upset him.

Then have the common decency to say you accused the wrong person. Not ‘let’s blame Shovlar anyway”.

I wished Stewart Dickson the very best in a speedy recovery the moment I heard about it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Let’s just blame him anyway.

I clearly got this mixed up with another post that I haven’t read.

42 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Shovlar doing Shovlar thing’s, shame that Stewart has felt the need to correct this.

As usual he posts before his brain cells click into gear.

You know you overstepped the mark. Most would just say so and apologise. But others show themselves for what they are and double down, even though they know themselves they are out of order.

26 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Then do the decent thing. Are you a man or a boy?

Poor Steve .

If you were do to the decent thing as you call it with the amount of people you upset on here you would be apologising every 10 minutes.

I misquoted get over it.

• Like 1