British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

16 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Brummies were bottom.!!!!

Your point is? 

I believe in the integrity of a full season over matches held in less than ideal conditions. 

Edited by HGould
Spell
  • Confused 1

It looks like Buster has worked his magic and got the track back into shape! Think he will be required on Friday too to stop any last-minute issues depending on amount of rain over next 4 days! So, will Howarth be available now and will Morris be in the side? 

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 4

Is anyone still bovvered  ? 

Looks like a Leicester Select side will race the Poole side  on a muddy track -

No mention of how many Poole riders will be on their way back to Australia come next week ?

4 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

No mention of how many Poole riders will be on their way back to Australia come next week ?

Poole will have a full team.

Could be a full Leicester team who knows.

Edited by foreverblue

48 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

It looks like Buster has worked his magic and got the track back into shape! Think he will be required on Friday too to stop any last-minute issues depending on amount of rain over next 4 days! So, will Howarth be available now and will Morris be in the side? 

Harris will be checking over his bikes(just in case).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I'm not so sure he has, if you read flagrag's post and he doesn't normally post stuff that is wrong it reads as if they're putting the track down on the day of the event, so it doesn't matter how much rain we have between now and then, currently it's hammering it down. 

Question is how good a track can you lay on the day of an event to run a double header?

21 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Probably 2 if it goes ahead Friday 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Haven't seen any mention from Leicester speedway saying they will use covers, as you say covers can cause problems too.

If you say the Champions are Leicester and disregard the play offs then surely you must disregard the Premiership play offs too and make Sheffield champions.

Why?  There is absolutely no correlation between the 2 events, Belle Vue & Sheffield fulfilled their commitments to the play-offs, it was won on the track.

You don't half post some rubbish, honestly you do.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iainb said:

I'm not so sure he has, if you read flagrag's post and he doesn't normally post stuff that is wrong it reads as if they're putting the track down on the day of the event, so it doesn't matter how much rain we have between now and then, currently it's hammering it down. 

Question is how good a track can you lay on the day of an event to run a double header?

Well surely all this should have been put into consideration! We can all see rain is due over next few days. 

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Brummies were bottom.!!!!

Only because Newcastle withdrew!!

As I said yesterday morning, the meeting is scheduled for Friday. A shame no coaches now coming up, so a loss of at least 150-200 Poole fans due to a work day. Still think we will have over a hundred Pirates fans making the arduous journey north.

Poole at full strength. Are Leicester going to bring back Howarth from his honeymoon? Has he got any energy left? Is Morris riding or arriving in Aus? 

Hopefully both are ready to ride and we can (Final)ly celebrate back to back titles. 

27 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Why?  There is absolutely no correlation between the 2 events, Belle Vue & Sheffield fulfilled their commitments to the play-offs, it was won on the track.

You don't half post some rubbish, honestly you do.

Poole and Leicester will fulfill their commitments too but some seem to want the play offs cancelled and revert to league positions. I am merely pointing out that if people want the championship resolved by league positions then so should the premiership. 

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Well surely all this should have been put into consideration! We can all see rain is due over next few days. 

The track will be maintained and prepared as the weather alllows this week.

Also I believe as long as deemed safe by match day referee and SCB track inspector (Who also happens to be Poole’s track curator) then the  riders will be told to get on with it and get the meeting completed .

Yes it may be heavy in places , may be wet spots hopefully not too many bumps but will be the same for all riders so they will have to use their skills and entertain the fans.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Poole and Leicester will fulfill their commitments too but some seem to want the play offs cancelled and revert to league positions. I am merely pointing out that if people want the championship resolved by league positions then so should the premiership. 

Like I said, you post some rubbish, you just stick to 2nd Division issues and let the top league sort their own business.

11 hours ago, nw42 said:

Like I said, you post some rubbish, you just stick to 2nd Division issues and let the top league sort their own business.

Thanks! 

Edited by foreverblue