British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

26 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Neutral track it is then 

No problem if they scratch the first leg scores.

Edited by Trackrat
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why on earth would we agree to scratch the first leg? Not Poole’s fault this has become the farce of all farces. 

Have the Cooks ever ridden at Kings Lynn? 

Don't think so, Drew has had 8 rides there for 1pt

6 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Preferably with a roof - ah yes Croeso I Caerdydd ! 

Is the Principality the only football/rugby/speedway stadium in UK with a roof?

1 hour ago, corfe pirate said:

Like that's going to happen.

hence my sarcasm mate.

• Like 1

Agree that more forceful control of fixtures needs to be imposed on clubs to ensure we are not trying to race in early winter. Forfeiting matches with 1 point per club for cancelled meetings after a cut off date. Banning testimonial meetings until after cut off dates as these should be “filler fixtures “ . Running meetings every week  throughout the summer with no breaks for non speedway excuses ( local football matches , etc ) 

Leicester speedway clearly need to undertake and invest in some improvement works to their track drainage system before next season.

Having to drive water bowsers along the already sodden  track to empty the drainage sump seems a recipe for disaster. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

No problem if they scratch the first leg scores.

Would make sense, but probably won't happen, not really Poole's fault, they've run there leg 

30 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So as far as any track advantage to either team, is it only Ben and Zach Cook that have never ridden KL? Asking for a friend........;)

My friend just informed that the Cooks don't seem to have gone to well at Leicester this season. Ben has averaged 2.85 and Zach 2.50;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well I should be shocked. Not at the obvious decision to use a different venue when the track couldn’t be fixed, but to use Kings Lynn? It’s a 5 hour 30 minute drive from Poole with one stop. Put it on a Friday with extra heavy traffic and it’s up to a 7 hour trip up. I have driven it many times in the past. Add in the price of fuel and that’s £150, plus £20 entry. Plus food.

£180 for a trip up from Poole for the day. Rob is now not going and I would be surprised if there is no more than 30 Poole fans in attendance. Compared to the 300+ who would have been at the original running if it hadn’t been for the weather.

But why on earth Kings Lynn? Poole fans have an easier trip to Belle Vue Manchester, at the other end of the country, then KL. We can get to BV in 4.30 mins, albeit slower on a Friday.

Why wasn’t Oxford asked? Two hours from Poole, and less than that from Leicester. Oxford is closer to Leicester than Kings Lynn.

Be lucky if there is 500 in attendance.

Possibly because Buster is doing it at "preferential rates" and there's more than 50/50 chance it will go ahead?

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Wow, even though I was calling for a possible change of venue if Leicester were struggling to dry the track out. Thought they would at least attempt Friday at Leicester first. Wouldn't have thought KL though! I thought maybe BV or Peterborough. 

BV (especially) and Peterboro would charge big, big rentals for use of their stadia -- the clubs based there don't have any control over what has to be paid out -- presumably Buster is prepared to donate KL as a venue, to help get the season completed?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Don't think so, Drew has had 8 rides there for 1pt

Against a team who rides there most weeks though! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

My friend just informed that the Cooks don't seem to have gone to well at Leicester this season. Ben has averaged 2.85 and Zach 2.50;)

And yet we have only lost there by 2 and 6 this season. The 2 point loss more recent one.

Not deal.Let’s just hope it’s goes ahead and is a decent match.May the best Team win.It is what it is now.

It isn't a neutral track. Leicester are temporarily homeless and so have had to borrow a home venue. The notion of turning it into a one-off final is completely gypit  

• Like 1

I don't think anybody is taking this seriously anymore apart from Poole fans -_-

• Like 3