British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

17 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Just heard a strange one here..from what I've been told the picture that Leicester put up of busters amazing track work was a photo taken months prior and when buster turned up he saw it and said no chance and left it . So the king's Lynn track use was agreed a while before hand. Don't know how it is though

Interesting! 

33 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Just heard a strange one here..from what I've been told the picture that Leicester put up of busters amazing track work was a photo taken months prior and when buster turned up he saw it and said no chance and left it . So the king's Lynn track use was agreed a while before hand. Don't know how it is though

That info was published a week or so ago!

• Like 1

Was the proggy a King's Lynn one with the right date on or a Leicester one with loads of date changes and inserts?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

That info was published a week or so ago!

Not the picture from Monday though, was it? There was a picture on here lifted from the Ippo website that was taken some time ago

On 11/5/2022 at 10:27 PM, ASpeedwayfan said:

Would be very disappointed to keep Steve over Danny. King Lawson Cook Cook should be nailed on for next season on their current Averages 

prepare yourself for disappointment I'm afraid

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, wtf said:

prepare yourself for disappointment I'm afraid

Interesting. I thought Steve might be fed up with the travelling after two seasons. I would hope we definitely having Lawson and both Cook's. Also, one of Steve or Danny, but I don't mind which one stays! 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Tough decisions to be made but let’s savour the moment. We went through the whole season without a single change to the lineup and our heat leaders were pretty much rock solid. Our second strings were exactly that with up and down meetings (mostly up) and our reserves battled.

People have been on Drew’s case as he seems to take every race defeat as a personal insult but he has increased his average by a fair amount. A shame he couldn’t keep his early season form going. Don’t think riding in the premier league helps him to be honest at this stage of his career. He needs to be concentrating on getting consistent in the Championship and build his confidence. 

36 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Tough decisions to be made but let’s savour the moment. We went through the whole season without a single change to the lineup and our heat leaders were pretty much rock solid. Our second strings were exactly that with up and down meetings (mostly up) and our reserves battled.

People have been on Drew’s case as he seems to take every race defeat as a personal insult but he has increased his average by a fair amount. A shame he couldn’t keep his early season form going. Don’t think riding in the premier league helps him to be honest at this stage of his career. He needs to be concentrating on getting consistent in the Championship and build his confidence. 

Yes agree, I am one who has been on his case . I thought his attitude at Kings Lynn was terrible, we had just won the title and he was nowhere to be seen, i know he felt he could have won heat 14 but these things happen you don't go into a big sulk, Middlo had to beckon him over several times to pick up his medal then other riders had to encourage to try to enjoy the moment, I didn't notice it much at the time apart from he seemed to be always at the back not wanting to be part of it but watched it back on BSN and it is more obvious I can't imagine the other riders or management appreciated it. Lawson for example had never won a title before, he was superb on the night and he ended up trying to get Drew to enjoy it. I spoke to Kyle Newman at Poole in the first leg and personally would love to have him back in the team. 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 11:22 AM, FishersGate said:

Wonderful theory,  I was there on the day of the photo, the tyre packing marks are my handy work , when a photo is taken on a phone it is date and time stamped, so I think you are very wrong!

Just checked  Oct 31st at 16.29. Does that clear it up for you?

Edited by BTFC LION
More info.
  • Like 4

The reports of the Leicester track and the reason it was aborted, wasn’t because of what it looked like after the work had been done. It was because it was spongy going into the bends and therefore not safe for the riders. With no chance of getting this moisture out the decision was made to move it to Kings Lynn. Reported on BSN on the stream.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

Wonderful theory,  I was there on the day of the photo, the tyre packing marks are my handy work , when a photo is taken on a phone it is date and time stamped, so I think you are very wrong!

Just checked  Oct 31st at 16.29. Does that clear it up for you?

Like I said don't know how true it is in my previous post so yes it clears it up for me thanks 

Heat 5 - the start of the comeback 

Edited by daz9100

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Interesting. I thought Steve might be fed up with the travelling after two seasons. I would hope we definitely having Lawson and both Cook's. Also, one of Steve or Danny, but I don't mind which one stays! 

I think Danny King is one of those rare riders that offers far more than just points. 

He's an excellent Captain on and off the track and even when he may be under par points wise is always helping others. He takes pressure off others. 

Lawson is a big points scorer but has never really wanted captaincy responsibilities although a good mentor. Worrall may be the more dispensible of the three. 

If any of them were free and available, I'd want Danny at Brummies over the other pair every day of the week. Top bloke. 

15 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

Heat 5 - the start of the comeback 

I much prefer this heat! :D