British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

37 minutes ago, iainb said:

They could reduce the admission as a gesture of goodwill... but it's beyond that for me, it's about credibility and sporting integrity, both of which have been shattered. They'll point to the fact that they've already held the prices as it's a double header "Grand" final... have you seen the so called Mildenhall team they're putting together? It's beyond a joke!

Two Finals at the price of one CL meeting is pretty good VFM is it not?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Two Finals at the price of one CL meeting is pretty good VFM is it not?

On the face of it, yes. Depends if you're interested in NDL though and watching a Final & Mildenhall team in name only.

It's not for me I'm afraid

17 minutes ago, iainb said:

This new young promoter will have a lot of work on his hands trying to lift the sport back up from the depths that his old man helped drag it down to. And the others? The Bates? Really? The couple that have made a mockery of the Pairs and destroyed the credibility and integrity of the 2nd division and Jubilee Trophy and moved the final to a different venue with not 1 thought for ANY of the fans!

The last time a promoter with new ideas came into the sport he was hounded out by the establishment... Mr Sandhu!

Matt Ford was back on the board until his move abroad. I was thinking more Danny Ford and Chris Louis to formulate the changes. I have no experience of the Bates other than the Lions and Tigers this season!

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Matt Ford was back on the board until his move abroad. I was thinking more Danny Ford and Chris Louis to formulate the changes. I have no experience of the Bates other than the Lions and Tigers this season!

Now, Chris Louis we could probably agree on. From what I have heard from him he speaks a lot of sense and has the experience of being a very successful rider.

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

it’s on BSN  so any fan can pay to watch it in the comfort of their home rather than travel 

Careful, Mac.   Don't spoil all the petulant ranting.

Looking back, it isn't new.  1980 KO Cup Final, Berwick had to race their 'home' leg at Brough Park.    The won the Cup.

In 1981, they had to do the same, except they lost to Edinburgh (who ran their leg of the Final in November, due to exceptionally-wet weather in late October).   

This year, like Berwick in '80/81, Leicester cannot stage their home leg of a play-off -- which in 'normal' weather would have taken place weeks ago.   So they are staging it at a circuit which is available for hire.     Poole will travel a little further, but where the away leg is raced isn't really their business.

In conclusion, it is 100% better to have the play-offs completed than any alternative.      Good luck to both sides in what looks like an evenly-balanced match tomorrow.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Careful, Mac.   Don't spoil all the petulant ranting.

Looking back, it isn't new.  1980 KO Cup Final, Berwick had to race their 'home' leg at Brough Park.    The won the Cup.

In 1981, they had to do the same, except they lost to Edinburgh (who ran their leg of the Final in November, due to exceptionally-wet weather in late October).   

This year, like Berwick in '80/81, Leicester cannot stage their home leg of a play-off -- which in 'normal' weather would have taken place weeks ago.   So they are staging it at a circuit which is available for hire.     Poole will travel a little further, but where the away leg is raced isn't really their business.

In conclusion, it is 100% better to have the play-offs completed than any alternative.      Good luck to both sides in what looks like an evenly-balanced match tomorrow.

Looking back! 40 years.Your right though it isn’t new.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just watched part of the live Pirates podcast on YouTube with Zack Cook. Neither he or Ben or Nathan have ever ridden at Kings Lynn. The three are taking all advice from Richard Lawson who will give advise on bike setups and which lines to take. Going to be a baptism of fire.

All the Leicester team know the KL track.

Say it.. It's Leicester's to lose now  ;)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Say it.. It's Leicester's to lose now  ;)

Nope. Poole will win it. That’s put a jinx on it! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Nope. Poole will win it. That’s put a jinx on it! 

At least we know who to blame! ;):P

38 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

This is normal weather for October, you've proved that by looking back through history to see that it's nothing new.

Leicester can stage their home leg of the pay off final, they have elected not to or been instructed not to, which it is we will probably never know

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Train from Poole leaves at 11.40, cross London to Kings Cross and you can get to KL at 16.31.

Journey time 4hrs 51.

From Leicester at 13.15, also arrives KL at 16.31 with a change at Peterborough. Journey 3h 16.

Have you looked at the times for getting home by train?  Even if you choose to miss the 2nd meeting of the double header, you're likely to find yourself stranded trying to get back to Poole or Leicester!

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Not only have they not laid free coaches on... they've not even laid coaches on that the fans can pay for!

A total disgrace!

If this were football the fans would be outside the stadium chanting "sack the board"

The supporters club are the people that generally organise the coaches to the away matches.  They have tried several times this season and last season and the prices quoted have gone through the roof due to the increases in diesel and the fact that our sport needs understanding coach companies to refund all monies in the event of last minute cancellations.  For that, you pay an extra premium on the high price already quoted.  Given that Leicester supporters by the shed load have said that they're unable to get to K.L. in time because of the time that they finish work, or worse still, have said that even if they could make it they're not going to be bothered because of what's happened, means that whoever organises a coach is on a hiding to nothing before they start. Look at what happened to the 3 Poole coaches.  They were cancelled by the coach company because of the on off, on off situation of the matches and I've read that Poole speedway have taken a massive finnancial hit on this.  Given the hit that the Bates' have already taken for all of the reasons previously mentioned over the past 100 or so pages of this thread, laying on coaches whether they be free of charge or at full cost to the supporters,  that will then not be patronised is simply a non starter.  There are some of us going by car with currently, 2 or 3 empty seats. If anyone is looking to go but struggling with transport please message me.  I don't have a magic wand but we'll try and work something out to get you there and back for a share of the petrol money.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I still can't get my head around this . I'm still baffled. All parties are to blame. BSPS, Leicester and a few other clubs you can guess for delaying certain fixtures. And ofcourse the big man up in the sky God himself for making it rain. He must be a Cov fan in disguise.

What an absolute farce this season has been …. A joke of a final where one team gets a home leg and the other doesn’t!!! Coupled with the fact that’s Pooles best rider is also the top rider at the neutral venue!!

I hope against all the odds Leicester can pull this off 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, PowerfulPierre said:

The supporters club are the people that generally organise the coaches to the away matches.  They have tried several times this season and last season and the prices quoted have gone through the roof due to the increases in diesel and the fact that our sport needs understanding coach companies to refund all monies in the event of last minute cancellations.  For that, you pay an extra premium on the high price already quoted.  Given that Leicester supporters by the shed load have said that they're unable to get to K.L. in time because of the time that they finish work, or worse still, have said that even if they could make it they're not going to be bothered because of what's happened, means that whoever organises a coach is on a hiding to nothing before they start. Look at what happened to the 3 Poole coaches.  They were cancelled by the coach company because of the on off, on off situation of the matches and I've read that Poole speedway have taken a massive finnancial hit on this.  Given the hit that the Bates' have already taken for all of the reasons previously mentioned over the past 100 or so pages of this thread, laying on coaches whether they be free of charge or at full cost to the supporters,  that will then not be patronised is simply a non starter.  There are some of us going by car with currently, 2 or 3 empty seats. If anyone is looking to go but struggling with transport please message me.  I don't have a magic wand but we'll try and work something out to get you there and back for a share of the petrol money.

Which makes it all the more of a baffling decision to switch to KL imo