British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

But Poole have it in their power to make things right

Don't think so. I know people think we make the rules, but we really don't! 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Not really up to Poole though is it? 

To not field riders in the first 2 races... it's absolutely up to Poole.

I can almost see a Hollywood film being made about it!

Just now, iainb said:

Be the most unbelievable film ever!

You know Leicester might actually get to 50 on their own. We have 3 riders who have never rode at KL. And 2 of them in H2. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

I wonder if Leicester will get the opportunity to practice during the day at KL to try and restore some 'home track' advantage.. 

I did hear yesterday that they are due to have a practice around tomorrow lunchtime.

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

Would that be advantage Leicester though,2 pts up after 2 races.We’re talking fantasy stuff now.!!!!!!!

Edited by Fromafar

30 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Too obvious. Poole fans would have outnumbered Leicester 2 to 1. 

You need to start wearing a Fez

24 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I wouldn't think Oxford would want all the hassle as they prepare for their big end of season celebrations at the stadium on Saturday!!? Not withstanding any restriction on capacity numbers able to attend?

Capacity is a lot bigger than on  your original visit

16 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Would that be advantage Leicester though,2 pts up after 2 races.We’re talking fantasy stuff now.!!!!!!!

Haha! So it would... my real point is Poole need to engineer it to be level going into heat 3. It's the only morally right thing to do to make the best of a bad situation. It'd be great sportsmanship.

I think Leicester would do the same if the roles were reversed :D

Edited by iainb
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Grachan said:

I have a question.

Aside from the craziness of having this on a neutral track, what is the point of having a place called "The National Speedway Stadium" that provides brilliant racing and then - the first time it might actually be needed to be called into emergency use - having this meeting at King's Lynn?

Calling the new stadium in Manchester the “National Speedway Stadium” was one of the sweeteners offered to Manchester City Council to encourage them to fund the project. It was never the official stadium of British speedway but the name has stuck. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, iainb said:

But Poole have it in their power to make things right. 

A gesture like that would go a long way to repairing the damage done to the sport

So your asking Poole to frow the meeting, that would do the sport the world of good .

I doubt Leicester would want to win it like that 

Edited by Arthur54

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

So your asking Poole to frow the meeting, that would do the sport the world of good 

It’s just peoples  imagination running riot.!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

So your asking Poole to frow the meeting, that would do the sport the world of good .

I doubt Leicester would want to win it like that 

No, not throw the meeting, but do the right thing

I just hope it's a decent meeting that will be good for tv and worthy of a final. Some of us Pirates will remember winning a final at Kings Lynn before, Nick Morris rode for us that night 

I’ve never heard such nonsense it’s not Poole’s fault ,and if people are honest on here none of us would want our teams to throw anyone a bone really some people talk rubbish, if it was my team I’d want them to go for the jugular from heat 1 so Leicester can’t get there track ready and for that Poole should be penalised I can’t believe what I’m reading.

• Like 3

Just now, foreverblue said:

I just hope it's a decent meeting that will be good for tv and worthy of a final. Some of us Pirates will remember winning a final at Kings Lynn before, Nick Morris rode for us that night 

Remember it well. And the horrendous journey home with many road closures and had to do a motorway awareness course for getting a ticket for doing 56 in a 50 on the M25 at 2 am and not a soul around. 

• Like 1