British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

That's a very dim view to take.......

Your comments make you sound like Tim Nicebutdim.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

Oh well try again next year;)

Well I thought there is only allowed to be one meeting per month after 31st Oct and Sheffield Vs KL is already on Weds 2nd. :unsure:

• Haha 1

Leicester / Sheffield ; Ipswich ; Scunthorpe ; Poole are exempt from all BSPL / SCB Regulations and able to make the rules up as they go along.

I gather they will be formalising this next season with the management committee being sponsored by Fyffes.

44 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well I thought there is only allowed to be one meeting per month after 31st Oct and Sheffield Vs KL is already on Weds 2nd. :unsure:

But is that a rule, a policy, a guideline or an aspiration? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lucifer sam said:

Good point. But the gospel according to Lisa Colette then decrees that Poole v Glasgow is wiped from the records last season, since it happened on November 4th and Glasgow v Poole had already occurred on November 2nd. Glasgow therefore won the league 50-40 from the only staged leg.

Do you want to change your mind about this one?  :D

Haha. I couldn't remember when the first leg was last year, thought it might actually have been in October!! Lol.

3 hours ago, topaz325 said:

At the moment Thursday and Friday are looking reasonable as far as the weather is concerned ....

I view of the facts that this is a double header, which will take at least four hours to complete, and there is a curfew at Beaumont Park, I would think that next Sunday afternoon would be the best time for the meeting.

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

If you were a sponsor or whatever you are at my club I would take a very dim view of the stuff you come out with on here.

And people think Shovlar is bad for Poole Speedway. 

Skidmark twice as bad IMO.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

I view of the facts that this is a double header, which will take at least four hours to complete, and there is a curfew at Beaumont Park, I would think that next Sunday afternoon would be the best time for the meeting.

No point agreeing a date til track is dry enough.

3 hours ago, Pinny said:

And people think Shovlar is bad for Poole Speedway. 

Skidmark twice as bad IMO.  

Why is that Pinny? Let's have your opinnyon!

Edited by Skidder1

24 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

No point agreeing a date til track is dry enough.

Very true let’s wait and see what Buster and the SCB track inspectors along with Leicester & Sheffields track staff can do with getting it bladed and dirt removed. Then look at a more detailed accurate weather report it does unfortunately look like Leicester will be having rain at some point everyday this week but how much is the unknown 

Well 24 hours have passed and nothing coming from the Leicester camp, do we assume that there is know chance of this going ahead at Leicester, and there trying to agree where best to stage it 

5 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Well 24 hours have passed and nothing coming from the Leicester camp, do we assume that there is know chance of this going ahead at Leicester, and there trying to agree where best to stage it 

It ain't great from the Leicester promotion is it... If you say "Details of a re-staging date for this week will follow later today.", yesterday and then just put nothing else out, not even change it to Details of a re-staging date for this week will follow in due course, it just makes an already bad situation worse imo

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

It ain't great from the Leicester promotion is it... If you say "Details of a re-staging date for this week will follow later today.", yesterday and then just put nothing else out, not even change it to Details of a re-staging date for this week will follow in due course, it just makes an already bad situation worse imo

It’s not Professional but that’s how the sport is run the majority of the time. 

• Like 1