British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2023

21 minutes ago, Filth said:

Just seen barker has signed for Ipswich and the article says he was banned last year because of a positive test for a banned substance. Does anyone know what he tested positive for or has it been kept quiet this whole time 

His defence involved over the counter painkillers. Given the relative shortness of his ban I would infer that it was accepted at the SCB hearing.

(As reported here:  http://www.scbgb.co.uk/news.php?extend.128 )

Even though no meeting for the gladiators for two weeks could be interesting to see what hapens.

we could decide to leave the team as it is give a final warning to a few riders and say they have a few meetings to sort it out. 

we could make some changes, interestingly roynon is being talked about being dropped by poole 

could look at bringing batch and another 2 pointer ( hagon or Killeen) and run with 2 2 pointers instead of turned but have batch instead of starke. 

Other than that I’m not sure who is out there, rew ? Hans Anderson ? Any other riders about there potentially available 

9 minutes ago, Doners123 said:

Even though no meeting for the gladiators for two weeks could be interesting to see what hapens.

we could decide to leave the team as it is give a final warning to a few riders and say they have a few meetings to sort it out. 

we could make some changes, interestingly roynon is being talked about being dropped by poole 

could look at bringing batch and another 2 pointer ( hagon or Killeen) and run with 2 2 pointers instead of turned but have batch instead of starke. 

Other than that I’m not sure who is out there, rew ? Hans Anderson ? Any other riders about there potentially available 

The only person talking about Roynon being dropped is Lewy!!!  Surprise surprise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Doners123 said:

Hands off Luke - he's in the Oxford line up but out with a wrist injury at present.

On 5/19/2023 at 7:21 PM, arnieg said:

His defence involved over the counter painkillers. Given the relative shortness of his ban I would infer that it was accepted at the SCB hearing.

(As reported here:  http://www.scbgb.co.uk/news.php?extend.128 )

I seem to remember Kyle howarth being banned for over the counter painkillers and the ban was overturned within a week or two once further tests confirmed his story. 

On 5/20/2023 at 12:06 PM, Doners123 said:

Don't think Roynon would be the answer even if he were dropped by Poole.

I believe Batch was asking silly money in the offseason, whether that has changed now I don't know. The way the team has been built leaves very little room for tweaking. Three changes probably needed to see serious improvement unless we unearth a 2 pointer out of nowhere or a random 4 pointer that could do better than Turner.

13 hours ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Don't think Roynon would be the answer even if he were dropped by Poole.

I believe Batch was asking silly money in the offseason, whether that has changed now I don't know. The way the team has been built leaves very little room for tweaking. Three changes probably needed to see serious improvement unless we unearth a 2 pointer out of nowhere or a random 4 pointer that could do better than Turner.

Seriously looks like there are no 2 pointers out there

Turner looks like he could be a decent rider given the chance. Trigger is a bit like Nathan Ablitt and raw. 

What about Sam Hagon? Has he been picked up? 

3 hours ago, weatherman said:

Seriously looks like there are no 2 pointers out there

Sam mcgurk started the season well at worky

52 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Turner looks like he could be a decent rider given the chance. Trigger is a bit like Nathan Ablitt and raw. 

What about Sam Hagon? Has he been picked up? 

Sam Hagon look's a good prospect with an impeccable pedigree. But I think there is a pay cap in the Championship? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Sam Hagon look's a good prospect with an impeccable pedigree. But I think there is a pay cap in the Championship? 

If you're worried about how much a 2.00 rider would cost, then I'd suggest don't sign him.

Hagon had started the season well and did alright in one wet meeting at Poole....now hes the hottest property in the UK. Certainly shows the state of british speedway. Trigger at Plymouth is probably the best 2.00 option available which is a worry but thats the way the team is built, a lot is reliant on Turner turning up and all the while he takes time to settle its going to be a problem 

Trigger a lot cheaper too, whereas Sam Hagon would cost a bit in travel expenses.

Also if SH isn't the answer all you're doing is training a rider for someone else.

• Like 2

Sam Hagon is not coming to Plymouth. Riding Poland Tuesdays.

• Like 1

Hi I'm on hols in exmouth in 2 weeks time coming to see the speedway oxford the visitors I have sat nav in the car is it much hassle to get to the track after I get off the express  way ta