British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I'm not sure anyone thinks it's a 'good idea'..... @PhilTheAce summed it up perfectly when he said its a gamble but one probably worth taking.

Only if it is as second string! 

17 minutes ago, TTT said:

KK should hire me as his hype man for 2023 season seeing as I'm the only one trying to put a positive spin on his UK return.

£10.50 an hour is the going rate in Britain these days isn't it? Couple of extra quid after a Protest / Strike :D 

Seriously though joking aside KK done a good job for Rye House when he was last over here. If it wasn't for Rye House going under with their results being erased then KK would be on a 8+ GSA and you're getting him on a 6.86 all because he didn't bother trying during his last Poole stint because nobody made him feel welcome at the club.

My memory not the best but didn't he fall out with Middlo? Also doesn't bother when it is raining either, literally waves other riders past btw. 

He is basically a Polish Troy Batchelor :D

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are we really looking at this side? 

1. Klindt 7.39

2.Jorgensen 6.35 

3. Palm-Toft 6.86

4. Pickering 6.14

5. Kasprzak 7.22??

6. Jakobsen 5.04

7. Rising Star

Ave: 39.00

I'm not sure this can be right. I'm certain KK's average was close to 8.00 in the 2017 averages as his 2018 average was expunged due to Rye House collapse.

If so, this team doesn't fit

Edited by Daniel Smith

On 11/19/2022 at 11:29 AM, TTT said:

KK should hire me as his hype man for 2023 season seeing as I'm the only one trying to put a positive spin on his UK return.

£10.50 an hour is the going rate in Britain these days isn't it? Couple of extra quid after a Protest / Strike :D 

Seriously though joking aside KK done a good job for Rye House when he was last over here. If it wasn't for Rye House going under with their results being erased then KK would be on a 8+ GSA and you're getting him on a 6.86 all because he didn't bother trying during his last Poole stint because nobody made him feel welcome at the club.

KK did have a falling out with Middlo, but he had his UK 'manager and family' in the late Gordon Day (P.R.O. and historian) at Poole, so had plenty of 'friends', even though they were as exasperated with him as the fans were. If he was in any way dissatisfied with his racing he was renowned for 'tinkering' with his machinery often against his mechanics, other riders (and manager's) advice!!! Hence his inconsistency and being unwilling to listen!

Edited by Skidder1

From what I’ve seen of KK in the past he can be spectacularly brilliant on his day but on the flip side if his heads not at the races he pulls up in races and is spectacularly frustrating- not sure who has linked him with Lynn how this rumour or not rumour started - I’d say new owners are definitely happening at Lynn because I personally couldn’t see Buster going anywhere near him 

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Are we really looking at this side? 

1. Klindt 7.39

2.Jorgensen 6.35 

3. Palm-Toft 6.86

4. Pickering 6.14

5. Kasprzak 7.22??

6. Jakobsen 5.04

7. Rising Star

Ave: 39.00

I'm not sure this can be right. I'm certain KK's average was close to 8.00 in the 2017 averages as his 2018 average was expunged due to Rye House collapse.

If so, this team doesn't fit

It looks like KK will be on 6.86. If we had a proper No.1 then KK could do a decent job as a second string, on "second string" wages. It's rumoured to be his last year, and at 38 he is coming back to these shores after 5 years away for a last pay day. Add to that he will probably be on a fair size guarantee, i can't see where his motivation will come from.

I hope he proves me wrong and has a great season .I'll support him of course, but i'm not sure he will last the season.

6 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

KK is retiring at the end of 23 so much like Bjarne wants to have one final go in the UK so if he knows he is retiring he wiĺl likely score more as he will be relaxed having fun out on track 

Well, if this is the case, perhaps he'll be OK, I think back to Bo Brhel in his last year in British Speedway, he rode better than I'd ever seen him .......

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

My memory not the best but didn't he fall out with Middlo? Also doesn't bother when it is raining either, literally waves other riders past btw. 

He is basically a Polish Troy Batchelor :D

Yes. I think Middlo called him out publicly after he dropped from being the No.1 to a reserve lol.

Edited by TTT

13 minutes ago, TTT said:

Yes. I think Middlo called him out publicly after he dropped from being the No.1 to a reserve lol.

Yes and the prob was (idk if it was in the same season or just later) but Brady struggling just as much as No1 but that was fine! ;)

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Only if it is as second string! 

I think the idea of Lynn's rumoured side is to emulate P'boro's class of 2021 with six riders who could all be number one or ride at reserve, think that was the idea last season but for various reasons it didn't work out. If KK had been signed as say third heat leader in a top heavy side with weak reserves that's a different ball game but in a rock solid side I think he'll be fine. We shall see! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think the idea of Lynn's rumoured side is to emulate P'boro's class of 2021 with six riders who could all be number one or ride at reserve, think that was the idea last season but for various reasons it didn't work out. If KK had been signed as say third heat leader in a top heavy side with weak reserves that's a different ball game but in a rock solid side I think he'll be fine. We shall see! 

I'm saving this for later :D

• Haha 4

On 11/14/2022 at 5:56 AM, Trees said:

NKI 7.59

Richard 7.71

Josh 6.04

TJ 6.35

Woffy 6.85

Fredrik 5.04

Bailey 3.00

What does that add up to? lol

What about: