British Speedway Forum

10 hours ago, R87 said:

Hardly surprising.  They had repeated issues with messing up the streaming last year. Said ages ago streaming speedway matches is a stupid idea.  Get rid of it and get fans in the stadium instead of in front of their laptops.

I cancelled my subscription mid season last year when they had repeated issues. They gave me a free month, things got a lot better, and I was happy to resubscribe after that. The product was much, much better second half of the season.

10 hours ago, R87 said:

Hardly surprising.  They had repeated issues with messing up the streaming last year. Said ages ago streaming speedway matches is a stupid idea.  Get rid of it and get fans in the stadium instead of in front of their laptops.

Laptop ? 65 inch tv for me - yes your right getting fans into stadiums - I’ve streamed Glasgow meetings I was never going to attend so extra revenue for the club . 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, R87 said:

Laptop :D

Streaming isn't stupid at all, it's one of the few things British Speedway does that isn't stuck in the twentieth century.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Haza said:

Laptop ? 65 inch tv for me - yes your right getting fans into stadiums - I’ve streamed Glasgow meetings I was never going to attend so extra revenue for the club . 

You've given me small TV syndrome now :P

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Laptop :D

Streaming isn't stupid at all, it's one of the few things British Speedway does that isn't stuck in the twentieth century.

Yea, lets have something that will put even more people off from going to their local track.  

Edwin Overland has retired and Gavin Canney is taking over on centre green mike

On 3/29/2023 at 6:35 PM, R87 said:

Yea, lets have something that will put even more people off from going to their local track.  

I don't think it does that. Watching streaming is not as good as being there imo. But it is good for people who can't attend because of illness etc, plus extra money for the club. 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

I see that young lad Cooper Rushen was in the team photo with King's Lynn kevlars on.Is he a future Star maybe?

He looked a great prospect having watched him at the Ben fund in the 250cc races.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 6:06 AM, R87 said:

What about fans who don't have a local track, or are unable to travel to away matches, or simply can't afford admission prices?

• Like 5

On 3/28/2023 at 11:06 PM, R87 said:

What about the elderly, disabled, people in hospital, people away on holiday, people who are working late. There's many reasons fans might chose to stream if they can't make it to a match. Get rid of streaming & you'll lose all these payments!

There maybe some who chose to stream, who would normally attend (especially in bad weather) but Speedway is always better live than on TV, so don't imagine there would be many choosing to stay at home if they could go.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

What about the elderly, disabled, people in hospital, people away on holiday, people who are working late. There's many reasons fans might chose to stream if they can't make it to a match. Get rid of streaming & you'll lose all these payments!

There maybe some who chose to stream, who would normally attend (especially in bad weather) but Speedway is always better live than on TV, so don't imagine there would be many choosing to stay at home if they could go.

Away teams' fans too would be the biggest potential audience I would say...

Going away several hundred miles on a Monday or Thursday night might not be the most appealing of things to do, even more so when the weather is 'iffy', given Speedway's possibility of a call off...

Hardly any away fans attend nowadays so what an opportunity to get them watching their team from the comfort of their armchairs..

• Like 5

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Away teams' fans too would be the biggest potential audience I would say...

Going away several hundred miles on a Monday or Thursday night might not be the most appealing of things to do, even more so when the weather is 'iffy', given Speedway's possibility of a call off...

Hardly any away fans attend nowadays so what an opportunity to get them watching their team from the comfort of their armchairs..

The diehards might travel but amount to no more than a handful. Nothing like live speedway. Can’t wait for Stars v Witches. People will travel for that and to be part of the atmosphere 

On 3/28/2023 at 1:03 PM, Bagpuss said:

Just a shame all the suits aren't an exact match......

It’s not a great look is it? KK’s and Klindt’s look fantastic but the rest not so much…

8 hours ago, Najjer said:

It’s not a great look is it? KK’s and Klindt’s look fantastic but the rest not so much…

I quite like the ones with the darker breasts,the issue as always is different manufacturers meaning different colour shades. Wouldn't matter if they were Mr Blobby pink with yellow spots as long as they all match! 

• Like 1

Websites have a Hex code which ensures colours/shades can be perfectly matched. You would think suit makers would work with something similar in this digital age

• Like 1