British Speedway Forum
westlakejawa

Jubilee championship league

13 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Have just read in this weeks SS that the Jubilee Trophy is being held over to early next season.How ridiculous is that With Supposed Leicester moving up and riders probably not being with the same Teams.

That's their big scoop is it? Nice of the BSPL to release that news behind a pay wall! Unbelievable!

So the 2023 teams will compete to win a competition qualified for by the 2022 teams that will most likely bare no resemblance in personnel? And I thought I was lost for words yesterday. No wonder we gave up on it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

So the 2023 teams will compete to win a competition qualified for by the 2022 teams that will most likely bare no resemblance in personnel? And I thought I was lost for words yesterday. No wonder we gave up on it

Inter league challenge then

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Inter league challenge then

What if any of the Poole riders are doubling up with Leicester next season haha 

• Haha 3

How can this be run next season when both Poole and Leicester are in different league's 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

How can this be run next season when both Poole and Leicester are in different league's 

It'll give Poole a chance to show Leicester what a mistake they are making!!!!!!:party:;)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

It'll give Poole a chance to show Leicester what a mistake they are making!!!!!!:party:;)

Ah, but. We're going to field our NDL team. Imagine your embarrassment when we still beat you.

• Haha 1

Maybe it will be Poole v Glasgow?

9 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

In the interests of Speedway...:D

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

absolute farce.

Mark 2.....

Or is it 3?

Or 4, 5 6 etc etc etc, ad nauseam..

Edited by mikebv

Well I’m glad now in the light of day the flack Glasgow got for pulling out maybe seems a bit unjust. I agree the statement used to explain why they were pulling the team out might not have sat well in all camps, but a statement of “we’re pulling out because this is a farce and will never be run” probably would’ve not looked so professional.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

Well I’m glad now in the light of day the flack Glasgow got for pulling out maybe seems a bit unjust. I agree the statement used to explain why they were pulling the team out might not have sat well in all camps, but a statement of “we’re pulling out because this is a farce and will never be run” probably would’ve not looked so professional.

maybe they were going to post something like that but were told they couldn’t as they were told not to make any announcement about them pulling out till they were given the ok by BSPL 

40 minutes ago, mac101 said:

maybe they were going to post something like that but were told they couldn’t as they were told not to make any announcement about them pulling out till they were given the ok by BSPL 

AFAIK it still hasn't been mentioned by the BSPL that it has been cancelled, they're just pretending that it never existed. It's so disrespectful to everybody that supported these meetings!

12 hours ago, stevehone said:

Maybe it will be Poole v Glasgow?

Would make more sense!