British Speedway Forum
TTT

Sheffield vs. Belle Vue Grand Final 2nd Leg 13/10/22

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

In the 2 meetings there this season Jye has scored 0 from 3, and 2 from 3. I think Lambert will do well to to score any more than 2 or 3 against Mountain and Sedgman at reserve.

Yes but if he scored 3 nobody can say they missed Jye. Lambert may outscore Blodorn too. 

Lambert's gating wasn't brilliant at nss , will find it harder to pass tomorrow 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes but if he scored 3 nobody can say they missed Jye. Lambert may outscore Blodorn too. 

Thats right . I added Jye's scores at Sheffield as TTT said he didn't know how Jye went there. While i don't expect Lambert to score more than 2 or 3, but he may well do. Who knows.

3 hours ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

Double points for the Aces top 3 would be 30 points plus 12 = 42 so the rest of the team only need to score 3 to be sure of an overall draw

You’re a bit out with that logic, 51 from the first leg plus 33 is 84, 90 points required for a draw. If top 3 score 30, they need 9 from the other 3 to match the 39 Sheffield got at the NSS

27 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Thats right . I added Jye's scores at Sheffield as TTT said he didn't know how Jye went there. While i don't expect Lambert to score more than 2 or 3, but he may well do. Who knows.

Either way it is unlikely he will score less, the problem they have is that because Wright had his moment of madness instead of being 18 in front and almost home and hosed it is only 12 and the reserves will have to take 2 of his rides at Sheffield, Brennan could struggle too unless he has his gating boots on. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The SAINT said:

eh? lambert is an ex sheffield rider who always rides owlerton well... does etheridge ????

It's very different riding against the home team than for. 

S.Lambert will do well to get 4 with only 3 rides expected too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

In the 2 meetings there this season Jye has scored 0 from 3, and 2 from 3. I think Lambert will do well to to score any more than 2 or 3 against Mountain and Sedgman at reserve.

But he only has to pop out once and he has done that. He is certainly capable of that and always seems to have the pace at certain tracks that plenty struggle to achieve

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

But he only has to pop out once and he has done that. He is certainly capable of that and always seems to have the pace at certain tracks that plenty struggle to achieve

If he pops out she might chuck him out;). I hear what your saying., who knows.

• Haha 2

It's been lightly raining in South Manchester since about 4-00 today. Never thought I'd want a rain off (and the forecasts don't expect the rain to continue to be honest), but wouldn't it be better all around if the Aces could put out a full team in another week and let's see who wins with full(ish) teams?

Edited by Garry1603

27 minutes ago, Garry1603 said:

It's been lightly raining in South Manchester since about 4-00 today. Never thought I'd want a rain off (and the forecasts don't expect the rain to continue to be honest), but wouldn't it be better all around if the Aces could put out a full team in another week and let's see who wins with full(ish) teams?

For what it’s worth there’s no rain forecast for tomorrow in Sheffield. Some light rain this evening though but no more than that.

I honestly don’t think you’ve much to worry about tomorrow night. Assuming Robert Lambert gets 15, which he should, you obviously only need 25 from the rest. 8 each from Zagar and Kurtz, plus 4 from Brennan is 20. Blodorn will pick up a few and Simon Lambert is an upgrade on Etheridge round Owlerton. 

I see it being close but those last few heat advantages on Monday night have probably edged it in your favour.

Its a shame it’s not both of our usual teams lining up against each other but at this stage of the year we know that’s highly unlikely! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RobHowe said:

For what it’s worth there’s no rain forecast for tomorrow in Sheffield. Some light rain this evening though but no more than that.

I honestly don’t think you’ve much to worry about tomorrow night. Assuming Robert Lambert gets 15, which he should, you obviously only need 25 from the rest. 8 each from Zagar and Kurtz, plus 4 from Brennan is 20. Blodorn will pick up a few and Simon Lambert is an upgrade on Etheridge round Owlerton. 

I see it being close but those last few heat advantages on Monday night have probably edged it in your favour.

Its a shame it’s not both of our usual teams lining up against each other but at this stage of the year we know that’s highly unlikely! 

Good and fair post,  I'm as keen as any fellow Aces supporters to see them finally break the hoodoo and lift the silverware but equally I want to see decent evening's racing, hopefully in the balance until the closing heats, obviously a Belle Vue aggregate victory would be so good to see.  

I know there's a couple who think we've already lost and I can see where they are coming from, years of disappointment at the final knockings take their toll. 

Keep the faith people.

• Like 1

Sheffield finished higher in the league than Belle Vue so they deserve to win, play offs are just a money spinner.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RobHowe said:

As good as he is, Lambert ain't getting 15 on a track he hasn't been to for five years.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

As good as he is, Lambert ain't getting 15 on a track he hasn't been to for five years.

Agree. I expect about 11-12 from his 5 rides. It's not as easy to pass on as the NSS. And 5 years is a long time.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

He looked a class above on Monday - I’ll be amazed if he doesn’t get 15.

• Like 1