British Speedway Forum

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Quite like that and still have a strong reserve 

Would be title favourites imo.

6 average improvers in that side.

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Why? Good, up and coming British riders, what's not to like? Joe signed up but I reckon Dan would do really well at somewhere like Poole.

I don't rate him, usually awful on his visits to Poole, only time he had a decent meeting was when he was at reserve. Granted he is good at Leicester. 

4 hours ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

I agree that they are decent, but nothing more than that. And I can't remember the last time Poole built a decent team. I think our team will be stronger 

Can't remember the last time Poole built a decent team, well we've cleaned up in the championship for the last two seasons, god help the rest when they do build a decent team then 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I don't rate him, usually awful on his visits to Poole, only time he had a decent meeting was when he was at reserve. Granted he is good at Leicester. 

Fair enough if you don't rate him but many do and he'd soon ride Poole well if he was there every week and was privy to the right set ups and lines as a home rider. I just think talented young riders usually flourish under the Poole set up and he'd do the same. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Can't remember the last time Poole built a decent team, well we've cleaned up in the championship for the last two seasons, god help the rest when they do build a decent team then 

Sorry I should have been more clear. 

I meant that team is only decent 

Whereas poole build better than decent teams 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

Have we decided that no new Aussies will be at Poole? 

Not me.

I would still like to see Rew & Zischke but a couple/few seem to think neither coming. They are entitled to their opinion, but have seen nothing from any of them as to the reasons why neither would be riding.

Rew openly said in his Polish interview that he intended to also ride in the Champ as well as Prem in 2023. Unless he changed his mind then the obvious 2 clubs are Poole who we know were interested quite a while back and Glasgow with their financial clout.

As for Zischke, seen nothing so far to say he is staying in Aussie but with his impressive displays as a 17 year old in Aussie with Darcy Ward giving a decent write up on him reminding him of how he was at the same age, then the Poole connection kind of made sense on only a 4 av.

Also Danny openly stated in the Echo recently he had a "Dream Team" first choice side  plus already in place an option B & C. To make a comment like that you would think he had something different up his sleeve in mind. Just my opinion but these 2 for me were the standout options on  decent averages at 5 & 4 points with the obvious Poole criteria of being both young with massive scope to add to their averages.

Again this is just my opinion and no doubt others have theirs including the expected contributors who will maintain neither are coming.

It's simpe,  if not then I assume they know why not, in which case just say why instead of just saying they are not joining Poole.

59 minutes ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

Have we decided that no new Aussies will be at Poole? 

Yes correct 

its possible decisions on young aussies are based purely on finance during these times,with worral,lawson and cooks theres already the foundation for a title winning team pretty sure matt can fill in the 3 blanks without gambling with the costs

• Like 2

How about Frederick Jacobsen, he is definitely better than his current average. Maybe our race night could be the issue there.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, poole keith said:

its possible decisions on young aussies are based purely on finance during these times,with worral,lawson and cooks theres already the foundation for a title winning team pretty sure matt can fill in the 3 blanks without gambling with the costs

Appreciate your comments, but is the last bit based on the fact you have hard fact concrete information neither are definitely not coming or based on your own opinion.

I already aired my own comments on here that maybe one reason for neither signing could be the financial constraints now the club is in the Champ and following those difficult times when they were dropped in it back in the day by that sponsor and then the difficulties of the Covid lock down. I fully understand why they maybe would not go down that route UNLESS there are some deep pocketed sponsors maybe willing to help.

It was Danny who mentioned the words "Dream Team" and then added he had his option B & C. The Aussies would have people thinking that maybe this was the route he may be taking.

Personally I am struggling how he could come up with a dream team based on the 12.97 points left available for 3 riders after discounting the obvious top 4 we already know.

But then it could be my idea of a dream team is different to his, and the Ford's are past masters of using the Echo to big up possible plans. I don't blame them for it as it keeps people like me excited as to what may be coming for next season. Their record of the last 2 seasons in Champ cannot be faulted as the team performed when it mattered.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
typo

1 hour ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

Sorry I should have been more clear. 

I meant that team is only decent 

Whereas poole build better than decent teams 

No need to apologise…..it was clear to most of us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Not me.

I would still like to see Rew & Zischke but a couple/few seem to think neither coming. They are entitled to their opinion, but have seen nothing from any of them as to the reasons why neither would be riding.

Rew openly said in his Polish interview that he intended to also ride in the Champ as well as Prem in 2023. Unless he changed his mind then the obvious 2 clubs are Poole who we know were interested quite a while back and Glasgow with their financial clout.

As for Zischke, seen nothing so far to say he is staying in Aussie but with his impressive displays as a 17 year old in Aussie with Darcy Ward giving a decent write up on him reminding him of how he was at the same age, then the Poole connection kind of made sense on only a 4 av.

Also Danny openly stated in the Echo recently he had a "Dream Team" first choice side  plus already in place an option B & C. To make a comment like that you would think he had something different up his sleeve in mind. Just my opinion but these 2 for me were the standout options on  decent averages at 5 & 4 points with the obvious Poole criteria of being both young with massive scope to add to their averages.

Again this is just my opinion and no doubt others have theirs including the expected contributors who will maintain neither are coming.

It's simpe,  if not then I assume they know why not, in which case just say why instead of just saying they are not joining Poole.

I'm a glasgow man & glasgow can't fit rew in I'm not sure we looked at him as I heard he was indeed off to Poole,  but we have 4 .03 average left young tate on a 4 is an idea for tigers but darcy might want his protégé at you lot ..glasgow have Chris hariss Ben basso tom brennan marcin nowak claus vissing top 5 as I know & ace pijper at reserve so leaves 1 left ???...that said I would rather have keynan than claus , either way tigers will be strong again trust me 

Dan Thompson is an option. Think he is a little better than his sibling. Struggled at Poole so far but he is very young and an improver. Would soon get dialled into Poole and start scoring decent points. I would not mind his inclusion. However. Away from home he struggles and that might not change next season. I think we need riders who already have experience of all tracks and can score home and away. Perhaps three pretty average riders who will just do what is expected of them. 

What we don’t need is a rider who doesn’t or is unlikely to score. Nathan tried so hard but lost the race in the first 30 metres most of the time. He has a future though and I wish him well. Drew beat himself up everytime he failed to win and it got to the stage where his depression became too much. His own worst enemy. Needs a mentor and a sports psychologist.

Both Cooks will improve again. Plenty of improvement in both. The step up for both to the PL will no doubt help as long as they stay clear of injury.