British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

How come?

Unless I have missed something which is not unusual tbh! Dan doing RS in Prem and NL. Whereas Rowe and Kemp, just doing U24 Poland? 

11 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

No thanks 

Won a heat in the ausy championship,made the semi final,improving every week, knocking on heatleaders doors

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

Won a heat in the ausy championship,made the semi final,improving every week, knocking on heatleaders doors

Won a heat in the Australian championship, wow must be a superstar!!

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Unless I have missed something which is not unusual tbh! Dan doing RS in Prem and NL. Whereas Rowe and Kemp, just doing U24 Poland? 

but at the start of the season?

Kemp not doing Poland U24 league i don't think

3 minutes ago, stevehone said:

but at the start of the season?

Kemp not doing Poland U24 league i don't think

Main Polish team? I swear I saw him in a Polish squad of some kind! Possibly the same one Scott and Hans are in but I am not 100% sure on that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Depends if Kemp or Rowe sign for both Poole & Ipswich, they'll both be "match fit" then. Mind you even if Kemp only signs for Poole on one league, that's no different to the amount of racing Kyle Newman is getting!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

How many heats has he won at Poole 

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Depends if Kemp or Rowe sign for both Poole & Ipswich, they'll both be "match fit" then. Mind you even if Kemp only signs for Poole on one league, that's no different to the amount of racing Kyle Newman is getting!

That is true. But if you are choosing between Drew, Dan and Anders then when the meetings start Dan will have more regular meetings than the other two, unless Anders signs for Ipswich, then pretty even depending on how often he rides in Poland. 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

That is true. But if you are choosing between Drew, Dan and Anders then when the meetings start Dan will have more regular meetings than the other two, unless Anders signs for Ipswich, then pretty even depending on how often he rides in Poland. 

I would say Dan is a better option, he has more potential in my opinion. Bit strange he hasn't been able to get a ride in the Championship. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I would say Dan is a better option, he has more potential in my opinion. Bit strange he hasn't been able to get a ride in the Championship. 

I think it is mostly down to his average. Especially considering most teams have high averaged riders and then really low averaged riders. Also half of his average is from Leicester and there is no Leicester (in this league). That's why I asked what his away average was last season as a guide. 

I can understand fans looking at his scores at Poole and not being sure. But it must be easier to ride Poole as a Poole rider than riding Poole as an away rider, as you have battle the track you might only see once or twice a year and the home team.

31 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I think it is mostly down to his average. Especially considering most teams have high averaged riders and then really low averaged riders. Also half of his average is from Leicester and there is no Leicester (in this league). That's why I asked what his away average was last season as a guide. 

I can understand fans looking at his scores at Poole and not being sure. But it must be easier to ride Poole as a Poole rider than riding Poole as an away rider, as you have battle the track you might only see once or twice a year and the home team.

Yes that is true, he had one great meeting at Poole when he was a reserve apart from that not too impressive although I think he rode at 5 sometimes which would have been tough, he was very good at Leicester but he has done a lot of laps there. I doubt his scores in the later stages of last season were much different to Kemp and he wouldn't have Kemp's attitude so I think after some laps at Poole with the guidance of the more experienced riders and Middlo he would do well. It looks like a straight choice between Kemp and Dan Thompson to me. 

• Like 1

Dan Thomson  would soon get to grips with the track after a few practices there great kid doesn’t say much just gets on with it 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Any Poole fan that was happy with JT surely would see DanT as an very good replacement,still young and has lot of improvement to come IMO.Couple of weeks and he would soon have the track and set ups sorted IMO.

• Like 4

On 3/5/2023 at 11:18 AM, Skidder1 said:

Shame he can't ride it!!!

If Keynan Rew is on 5 points then he's worth a punt. I know there were on going discussions with him before he signed for Ippo,  which if Poole had known they could have shared all his initial costs with Ippo.;)

With his commitments in Poland, he’s bound to miss a large handful of matches over here. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Najjer said:

With his commitments in Poland, he’s bound to miss a large handful of matches over here. 

Do fixtures clash then?

I know nothing about the lad and couldn't care less about Poland so I'm a bit naive