British Speedway Forum

24 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

If that is the case then I can only think it will be down to the cost cutting as a result of our drop down into Champ.

Rew flying in and out has a cost associated and maybe also lodging racks up costs.

Zischke certainly has a cost associated to him as a 17 year old requiring lodging - equipment - sponsorship - transport etc.

Maybe Poole want to avoid all of these kind of costs and we know the Cook's have tied up Middlo's place which used to be the haven for young Aussies like kurtz/Ward back in the Prem days.

If they are both not in our team then I question what Danny's idea of his Dream Team is ??.

I await with eager anticipation for the all to become clear comments and the why.

Zischke in the Aussie U21 finals a week ago.

Also remember both Pearson & Hook had the benefit of a full UK season. I wonder if tate was on a Polish tuned engine how close it may have been with Rew as on that first lap he gave it a good go arguably on inferior equipment. Remember the lad is only 17. Rew is 19 and had at least 2/3 seasons living and racing in Poland. he is also staying there is 2023 flying in and out of UK. Probably has both good equipment -top rated engine tuners etc.

Australian Junior Individual Championships:

1. Keynan Rev (3,3,3,3,3) 15+1. 1st place in final A
2. Tate Zischke (3,1,3,3,3) 13+2. 2nd place in A final
3. James Pearson (1,3,2,3²2) 11+1. place in the B+3 final. 3rd place in final A
4. Jacob Hook (2,3,3,3,1) 12+4. 4th place in final A
5. Fraser Bowes (3,2,2,2,2) 11+2. place in B-final
6. Maurice Brown (3,1,1,2,2) 9+3. 1st place in final B
7. Liam May (1,2,3,D,3) 9+4. place in final B
8. Cordell Rogerson (2,2,2,1,2) 9
9. Michael West (UW,3,0,2,3) 8
10. Jack McDiarmid (0,2,1,2,D ) 5
11. Patrick Hamilton (1,1,1,1,1) 5
12. Lachlan Hayes (2,UW,0,1,0) 3
13. Harrison Ryan (2,0,NS,D,1) 3
14. Tom Dixon (1,0,1,1,D) 3
15. Jackson Milner (T,0,2,0,UW) 2
16. Teagan Pedler (0,1,0,0,1) 2

8 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Zischke in the Aussie U21 finals a week ago.

Also remember both Pearson & Hook had the benefit of a full UK season. I wonder if tate was on a Polish tuned engine how close it may have been with Rew as on that first lap he gave it a good go arguably on inferior equipment. Remember the lad is only 17. Rew is 19 and had at least 2/3 seasons living and racing in Poland. he is also staying there is 2023 flying in and out of UK. Probably has both good equipment -top rated engine tuners etc.

Australian Junior Individual Championships:

1. Keynan Rev (3,3,3,3,3) 15+1. 1st place in final A
2. Tate Zischke (3,1,3,3,3) 13+2. 2nd place in A final
3. James Pearson (1,3,2,3²2) 11+1. place in the B+3 final. 3rd place in final A
4. Jacob Hook (2,3,3,3,1) 12+4. 4th place in final A
5. Fraser Bowes (3,2,2,2,2) 11+2. place in B-final
6. Maurice Brown (3,1,1,2,2) 9+3. 1st place in final B
7. Liam May (1,2,3,D,3) 9+4. place in final B
8. Cordell Rogerson (2,2,2,1,2) 9
9. Michael West (UW,3,0,2,3) 8
10. Jack McDiarmid (0,2,1,2,D ) 5
11. Patrick Hamilton (1,1,1,1,1) 5
12. Lachlan Hayes (2,UW,0,1,0) 3
13. Harrison Ryan (2,0,NS,D,1) 3
14. Tom Dixon (1,0,1,1,D) 3
15. Jackson Milner (T,0,2,0,UW) 2
16. Teagan Pedler (0,1,0,0,1) 2

Didn’t Rew have a bad injury though that would almost certainly have slowed down his development? How long was he out for? I genuinely have no idea. 

14 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Didn’t Rew have a bad injury though that would almost certainly have slowed down his development? How long was he out for? I genuinely have no idea. 

Think it was quite a while out and was a serious injury. Only raced after the injury for the first time that season in Aug 2020. Bearing in mind when POL finishes meant he near enough missed most of that season.

Yes it did hamper his initial progress but stayed in POL I believe, and really showed the potential was there both in the initial POL EXL U24 season just gone for Leszno his parent club plus in about 7 meetings for his loaned out Lge1 Club Krosno. Odd meetings in DK as well I believe.

That's what makes him look so attractive in our Champ on a 5 GSA. 

Tbf though not like they need to ride Championship especially if they have a Prem place. Or they could have priced themselves out? Especially if they know Glasgow are sniffing around :D

13 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Think it was quite a while out and was a serious injury. Only raced after the injury for the first time that season in Aug 2020. Bearing in mind when POL finishes meant he near enough missed most of that season.

Yes it did hamper his initial progress but stayed in POL I believe, and really showed the potential was there both in the initial POL EXL U24 season just gone for Leszno his parent club plus in about 7 meetings for his loaned out Lge1 Club Krosno. Odd meetings in DK as well I believe.

That's what makes him look so attractive in our Champ on a 5 GSA. 

I wouldn`t call 9 meetings for Region Varde in 2022 odd meetings.

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbf though not like they need to ride Championship especially if they have a Prem place. Or they could have priced themselves out? Especially if they know Glasgow are sniffing around :D

Glasgow sniffing around, what do you mean :nono:

• Haha 1

Rew just seems to have enough on his plate with plenty going on and flying in and out of the country. Not quite sure if adding Championship fixtures on top appeals all that much. Could well be wrong but we’ll see. 

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I can assure you that Glasgow are not sniffing around

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Rew just seems to have enough on his plate with plenty going on and flying in and out of the country. Not quite sure if adding Championship fixtures on top appeals all that much. Could well be wrong but we’ll see. 

Tbh unless he wants the extra meetings prob not much point for him. 

3 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

It means that we have a cocaine problem in Glasgow.

Out of curiosity Arthur but why do you view my profile every 2-3 days , it hasn’t changed in 12 years so unlikely to change now.

you old stalker ye.

Edited by Gazc
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Nothing, likes to make out she knows something. Just got a big spoon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Nothing, likes to make out she knows something. Just got a big spoon.

We'll see.