British Speedway Forum

14 hours ago, Leave some for us. said:

You obviously think it’s acceptable to divulge information like that (if true) on a public forum then ? Ok we’ll park that one. No i wasn’t moaning,  the only moaning was coming from you. I suggest you read your comments back. Like you said it’s a forum and we can say what we like ? Right ? Or does that just apply to you ? Sounds like Joe is fixed up now so people can stop crying. Let’s hope he’s managed to negotiate a better deal this time lol. Over and out . 

Yeah it's fine lots of people do it mate. Is there a rule book for it? It's a matter of opinions and we can agree to disagree. Im sure if we ever met if person our conversation would be over a nice cold one and not on a forum chewing the fat. 

13 hours ago, mc131 said:

£20 a point no chance he was riding for that in champ 

That's at national League level 

I rest my case with the decisions made by the Scunthorpe Promotion & as I said before, 1 change was required but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Glasgow next week not an easy test to resolve things but I am still gutted & disappointed.

• Like 2

I don't think you can judge Scunthorpe's changes based on one match, Clegg was always likely to score like this at Berwick. How he does in the rest of the matches will be more key. However Mountain's good score from reserve shows why they did it!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

Thompson could have scored similar from 6 rides.

Edited by IronScorpion

On 5/5/2023 at 10:36 PM, Bandit59 said:

Don't think the supporters are.

What does that matter?

Clegg & Ablitt coming up with 1pt between them what a poor start from the pair of them. Absolutely certain Joe would have managed to get at least 2pts so doubling their woeful debut efforts. Robs dropped a clanger with these changes. Give it 28 days and we will be making more changes because the team average will tumble. Of course that means that June will likely be a write off away from home for us. If Dillion Rumls kit is in the UK I would see if he fancies it ? Or what about Geno Manzares hes already in Sweden is he not ? For me I would much rather watch Joe Thompson develop at Scunny than have Clegg or Ablitt who I have no allengence to at all. Might as well fill in with guests very disappointing. 

• Like 2

Sounds like Scunthorpe were set to make one change, whoever that rider was decided against the move which left Scunthorpe with no option but to make two changes.

13 minutes ago, screm said:

Sounds like Scunthorpe were set to make one change, whoever that rider was decided against the move which left Scunthorpe with no option but to make two changes.

Was that Dillon Ruml? Need to check averages..

53 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Was that Dillon Ruml? Need to check averages..

Don’t think so believe Dillion Rumls average was 5.47

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, the outsider said:

Clegg & Ablitt coming up with 1pt between them what a poor start from the pair of them. Absolutely certain Joe would have managed to get at least 2pts so doubling their woeful debut efforts. Robs dropped a clanger with these changes. Give it 28 days and we will be making more changes because the team average will tumble. Of course that means that June will likely be a write off away from home for us. If Dillion Rumls kit is in the UK I would see if he fancies it ? Or what about Geno Manzares hes already in Sweden is he not ? For me I would much rather watch Joe Thompson develop at Scunny than have Clegg or Ablitt who I have no allengence to at all. Might as well fill in with guests very disappointing. 

Total transfer cock-up

11 minutes ago, rearingtogo said:

Total transfer cock-up

Don’t know why they would drop  Thompson  a promising young Brit to accommodate Clegg a journeyman reserve who has been round the block a few times.That’s GB Speedway though,all these so called training days then nothing at the end for the youngsters.The up and coming talent will be heading for Poland like the young Aussies,and giving the GB a miss in the future.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t know why they would drop  Thompson  a promising young Brit to accommodate Clegg a journeyman reserve who has been round the block a few times.That’s GB Speedway though,all these so called training days then nothing at the end for the youngsters.The up and coming talent will be heading for Poland like the young Aussies,and giving the GB a miss in the future.

The Poles have it right. 

Ring fencing their bottom two positions for U21 riders..

And that is in their top league as well as others..

The 2nd and 3rd tier over here should do the same with the top league, given a so called lack of riders, running six man teams of "established" riders

Meaning a glide path to follow for the GB U21 riders into the top tier, and some surplus "established" riders for Div 1 replacements...

Those "special U21 talents" eg Dan Bewley, could just simply be a Div 1 rider, which would also free up a place for "lesser lights" in lower leagues..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

The Poles have it right. 

Ring fencing their bottom two positions for U21 riders..

And that is in their top league as well as others..

The 2nd and 3rd tier over here should do the same with the top league, given a so called lack of riders, running six man teams of "established" riders

Meaning a glide path to follow for the GB U21 riders into the top tier, and some surplus "established" riders for Div 1 replacements...

Those "special U21 talents" eg Dan Bewley, could just simply be a Div 1 rider, which would also free up a place for "lesser lights" in lower leagues..

Great post and is totally the right way to go 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, screm said:

Care to elaborate as you Berwick fans, crescent girl, seem to like letting the cat out of the bag.!!!!! B)