British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, mc131 said:

I never said there was anything wrong with it I only said won't be any improvement, I agree there needs to all types of riders, I just dont rate him he's a great grasstrack/longtracker tho that's just my opinion 

Fair comment.

• Like 1

steady side, only issue is 2 of em will go completely awol grasstrack season,. 

• Like 3

Is Shanesy still living in Dorchester?

If so , he's going to be away a fair bit from his young family just to get to home meetings!!

• Like 1

Shane's best meetings at PB were only when a deep dirt line built round the fence and he could exploit it. 

Few could do better than him. 

If Redcar can give him similar option and to ride when he'll get later heats eg not 2 and 4 if reserve, and if second string ride him at 4 at home, then they'll offer him best chance of success. 

The track may suit his style with that scenario. 

• Like 1

All looks well on paper but once Mulford has a couple of 3 ride nights the mood in camp will change. Im with the Shanes weak link camp and once he drops to reserve its a poor trapping 6&7. That said if all riders click this team will dish out some hammerings both home and away. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

All looks well on paper but once Mulford has a couple of 3 ride nights the mood in camp will change. Im with the Shanes weak link camp and once he drops to reserve its a poor trapping 6&7. That said if all riders click this team will dish out some hammerings both home and away. 

Certainly doubtful that Mulford will stay as a reserve after the first set of averages with him being on a 2 start.

I've just seen on his Instagram that James Shanes signing is subject to him being fully recovered from injury, so what happens if he is not fit?

Are Redcar then able to sign another rider, can they bring in guests, or is it left to others in the team to take on extra heats to cover?

I have not got a clue what the rules are is a signing is not fit right from the start of the season.

34 minutes ago, Fina said:

I've just seen on his Instagram that James Shanes signing is subject to him being fully recovered from injury, so what happens if he is not fit?

Are Redcar then able to sign another rider, can they bring in guests, or is it left to others in the team to take on extra heats to cover?

I have not got a clue what the rules are is a signing is not fit right from the start of the season.

If he is not fit why have we bothered signing him 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Fina said:

Redcar would have to sign another rider.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Norfolk Bear said:

If he is not fit why have we bothered signing him 

I am assuming that both parties consider he has a good chance of being fully fit by the start of the season.  Maybe best option available within points allowance given the others they wanted?

38 minutes ago, Fina said:

Ridiculous really 

1 hour ago, Fina said:

Well, he COULD make a start in the first meeting, slide gently off and they could have a facility for the rest of the year!   :D

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Would Declan Kennedy fit instead of Shanes? 

Am I right that he is Aussie - if so would we be able to get a work permit?

4 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Well, he COULD make a start in the first meeting, slide gently off and they could have a facility for the rest of the year!   :D

Given his average ,don’t think that would be seen as a viable option.

• Haha 1