British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Can’t see them dropping Jason in favour of Conner as he  belongs to Redcar.They are not a bad Team just had a poor night against avery good Poole Team on the night.Riss illness is upsetting the balance though.

Yeah Redcar are still a top 3 side, the track seemed to be just how Poole like it and are used to imo. If Hume made slightly different decisions in a couple of races could have ended up with a lot more points. Tough for him because he is now at a track with no home advantage. Bit different to Poole and Glasgow where there is one!! He has to be on it all the time. Think Connor should be at 2 imo though.

Mulford will come good, I mean he is right there in most of his races. The more meetings he gets in the faster it will turn around.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah Redcar are still a top 3 side, the track seemed to be just how Poole like it and are used to imo. If Hume made slightly different decisions in a couple of races could have ended up with a lot more points. Tough for him because he is now at a track with no home advantage. Bit different to Poole and Glasgow where there is one!! He has to be on it all the time. Think Connor should be at 2 imo though.

Mulford will come good, I mean he is right there in most of his races. The more meetings he gets in the faster it will turn around.

There's some truth in what you are saying, (not sure Jake will come that good). The weakness of the second strings and reserves, has been apparent from the start. This problem  is compounded, because of the starts situation. Gates 2 and especially 4 are currently so dominant. When Redcar are on these gates, they don't have a second rider, to take advantage of the situation, whereas Poole very often maxed it when the roles were reversed. The first  thing that should happen, is to try and even up the gates.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Bailey was doing terribly at number 2 at the start of the season, think he scored about 1 point in heat one in the first 7 matches or something like that. So defo made sense to me to swap Bailey & Hume round.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Bailey was doing terribly at number 2 at the start of the season, think he scored about 1 point in heat one in the first 7 matches or something like that. So defo made sense to me to swap Bailey & Hume round.

I always thought riding at 2 would be easier than 4 (not that I would know obviously!) As you have more of the inside gates. But going by last night and gate 4 being really good, maybe riding at 4 would be easier! 

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I always thought riding at 2 would be easier than 4 (not that I would know obviously!) As you have more of the inside gates. But going by last night and gate 4 being really good, maybe riding at 4 would be easier! 

All riders get one ride off each gate, so I’m not sure how you came to the conclusion that being at No2 has more inside gates than No4.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, pvm said:

All riders get one ride off each gate, so I’m not sure how you came to the conclusion that being at No2 has more inside gates than No4.

At the beginning of the meeting I meant. Most tracks the inside gates tend to be more of advantage at that point. Apart from Redcar it seems. 

Edited by lisa-colette

I like Redcar, it is a good club. But watching the Bears rewind, I think Gavin is contradicting himself a bit. First he kept saying on Weds and Sat that Poole could just easily do well (or win) at Redcar like Redcar did at Poole. Then he says he thought they did enough at Poole (which is fair enough). But you can't have both. Which makes me think they got complacent and thought they were just going to win and go through. Scott Nicholls was the last person to underestimate Poole and didn't turn out well for Oxford either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

At the beginning of the meeting I meant. Most tracks the inside gates tend to be more of advantage at that point. Apart from Redcar it seems. 

If the inside makes the gate at Berwick in Heat1 it usually ends up first bench bunching.

• Like 1

Was very impressed with Jason Edwards when Bears were at Oxford recently . Rode very well and scored good points . Has a bright future I think but at this age will always have the odd poor meeting, and it was against a very strong Poole team 

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Number 2 starts off against the two number ones, so a weaker second string s likely to start off with a 0 or 1. Maybe Bailey's confidence was shot riding at 2 & then couldn't pick himself up for the rest of the meeting? I guess Hume is much more used to heat one, as he's had many rides there with Ipswich using r/r for Riss? 

Number 2 would normally get an easier ride in heat 8 (though not against Ben Cook on Friday obviously).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pumpy said:

Was very impressed with Jason Edwards when Bears were at Oxford recently . Rode very well and scored good points . Has a bright future I think but at this age will always have the odd poor meeting, and it was against a very strong Poole team 

Jason is a great kid and will settle into consistency too, give him time to shine

• Like 4

On 5/21/2023 at 7:56 PM, lisa-colette said:

I like Redcar, it is a good club. But watching the Bears rewind, I think Gavin is contradicting himself a bit. First he kept saying on Weds and Sat that Poole could just easily do well (or win) at Redcar like Redcar did at Poole. Then he says he thought they did enough at Poole (which is fair enough). But you can't have both. Which makes me think they got complacent and thought they were just going to win and go through. Scott Nicholls was the last person to underestimate Poole and didn't turn out well for Oxford either.

roughly translated Poole is a crap track 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Jake Mulford suffered a broken leg/ankle at a grass track meeting in France yesterday.

Terrible news as he had really found his confidence and form on shale. 

Do you know whether right or left leg as obviously right leg break would require full strength to control the bike. 

Shame for him and his Clubs