British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Pretty sure @IanBrannan said when I asked if the rules were different in Champ and Prem. So could be just be Prem. Will need to check my twitter! 

It’s not so much a new rule, but certainly a clarified one this year. 28th August the last day register signings for matches effective on the 31st. 

The ONLY exception is riders returning from injury, so for example Jack Holder can come back for Sheffield in September in place of a rider. 

Unlike last years Lambert situation, this year if your number 1, or any other rider is out through injury you can only use guests or RR. There is no long term injury replacement option.

Guests must be registered with a British team before the 28th, so out of work riders from the continent and not currently racing here can’t come in as a guest. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Patrick wojdolo has joined glasgow tigers been confirmed on speedway poland news ..he replaces nowak & is down to ride at Plymouth & Poole this week 

5 minutes ago, Barabas said:

Patrick wojdolo has joined glasgow tigers been confirmed on speedway poland news ..he replaces nowak & is down to ride at Plymouth & Poole this week 

Surely a rider on a assessed average of 5 for a Premiership must have a higher assessed average for a Championship team.

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Surely a rider on a assessed average of 5 for a Premiership must have a higher assessed average for a Championship team.

No

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Nope. I believe it's a 5 no matter the league. Didn't Ipswich get stung with that thought getting Rew on a 4. Edinburgh's Dane and kings Lynn's Dane both on 5s but in different leagues 

10 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Nope. I believe it's a 5 no matter the league. Didn't Ipswich get stung with that thought getting Rew on a 4. Edinburgh's Dane and kings Lynn's Dane both on 5s but in different leagues 

Oh ok 

So these rules mean when Rew had a 5.00 assessed Prem average, he'd be available on a 5.00 ave in the Champ? But when his Prem ave dropped to 4.00, his Champ ave would rise to 6.00? Can someone explain the logic of that?

Just now, szkocjasid said:

So these rules mean when Rew had a 5.00 assessed Prem average, he'd be available on a 5.00 ave in the Champ? But when his Prem ave dropped to 4.00, his Champ ave would rise to 6.00? Can someone explain the logic of that?

It's British Speedway there's no logic to anything 

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Surely a rider on an assessed average of 5 for a Premiership must have a higher assessed average for a Championship team.

Correct one of the many ridiculous rules in British speedway, where you get the same assessed average in a less competitive league.

7 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Correct one of the many ridiculous rules in British speedway, where you get the same assessed average in a less competitive league.

Yes strange, i knew there are different rules for riders coming from different countries and different leagues but it must have changed which is why Ipswich thought Rew would be on a 4 .

9 hours ago, IanBrannan said:

It’s not so much a new rule, but certainly a clarified one this year. 28th August the last day register signings for matches effective on the 31st. 

The ONLY exception is riders returning from injury, so for example Jack Holder can come back for Sheffield in September in place of a rider. 

Unlike last years Lambert situation, this year if your number 1, or any other rider is out through injury you can only use guests or RR. There is no long term injury replacement option.

Guests must be registered with a British team before the 28th, so out of work riders from the continent and not currently racing here can’t come in as a guest. 

Lambert last year could hardly be called " long term " replacement.

53 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Lambert last year could hardly be called " long term " replacement.

He wasn’t. He was a “long term injury” replacement to cover for Max Fricke’s “long term injury”.

A dubious move in many people’s opinion which is why it’s been stopped for this year. 

• Like 1

The BSPL have obviously blocked signings after the end of August to save face having been proved wrong by a lawyer last year. Quite why you would want more guests when they are one of the worst things about British Speedway is beyond me. St the very least they need to be restricted to riders from the bottom three sides in each league only.

It seems Nowak not riding for Glasgow anymore is a joint decision between him and his Polish team, due to his poor scores in the last couple of weeks, i was under the impression that there was a new agreement and this wouldnt happen anymore but it seems Polish teams still have the power to stop one of their riders riding here and I assume his Polish team recompense him for lost earnings.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

It seems Nowak not riding for Glasgow anymore is a joint decision between him and his Polish team, due to his poor scores in the last couple of weeks, i was under the impression that there was a new agreement and this wouldnt happen anymore but it seems Polish teams still have the power to stop one of their riders riding here and I assume his Polish team recompense him for lost earnings.

He has two bad meetings scores 3 and 4 I think and they immediately got their feathers ruffled at Rzeseow. Their in the top spot for the playoffs and Marcin is their number 1. The financial benefit from going one league up is supposedly incredible so they want every tool at their disposal to give it there best shot. Marcin has been quoted the reason he was here was to improve his riding skills which he has most definitely done, but it's crap that we lose him at what is the pinnacle point of our season too.

• Like 2