British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

Just read the after match report and looks like Lee blew his engine in heat 1. If this is the new engine that he had against Berwick home/away and Plymouth, which have netted him his biggest points hauls this season, then I hope to goodness another similar engine is found soon.

I believe by what was said on another thread that it was indeed his new engine that let go in his first race, and obviously his 2rd bike wasn't up to much as he then failed to score a point all meeting.

3 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

The "if I was a reserve being replaced" bits got me confused.

As in removed from the squad then yes, if you went through the tapes in your 3 rides you'd get 3 X 0's and the opposite reserve would get 7 rides.

The other point would be youve driven X amount of hundred miles to get to a meeting and left with no money.

The problem the Crayon munching Brigade have got is if they didn't count the tape exclusions their X4 equation would be even less effect.

Last night's meeting (keeping it Glasgow related) Richie Lawson scored 8 and Ben Cook got 6. One had an engine failure and the other went through the tapes.

Had Richie's engine failure not counted he would've got a 10.6 to add to his CMA pot last night. 8/3(x4)

Ben cooks Tapes would've kept him on a 6 average whereas with this wonder maths his average was 4.8. 6/5 (X4)

I was meaning every time a reserve gets replaced, take a tapes exclusion to save your average, not suggesting touch the tapes in every heat to allow a stronger reserve in, you couldn't have a rider taking 0 rides anyway as he has to have 3 rides, so could only be replaced in one of these heats.

I had always thought tapes exclusions don't count as a ride for averages (if replaced) as that means, 5 riders gained a ride in that heat for their stats, but only 4 rode (obviously).

I'm not sure how the Lawson / Cook situation affects things, as they both weren't replaced, so counts as a ride, whichever way the averages were worked out.

57 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

For 'authorities' read other promoters, maybe even those facing Glasgow in the days following.

2 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

For 'authorities' read other promoters, maybe even those facing Glasgow in the days following.

As stated elsewhere he would have missed the Poole meeting in any case as he was riding in Denmark!

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I think I would have preferred Patryk if I was a Glasgow fan. He looks a lot more entertaining from what I've seen on the TV meets.

Still a huge signing though and great replacement for Nowak 

That's one hell of a signing. Doesn’t solve the issues at reserve but makes the top five very powerful indeed.

• Like 1

Obviously a cracking signing for Glasgow which strengthens them a hell of a lot.

Genuinely no idea how he fits average wise and it’s certainly not a like for like swap with a team already over the limit on current averages, but it’s speedway so shouldn’t be surprised.

Should make the play offs closer for the 3 teams with the financial clout to compete against each other.

Just as Tarasenko has got a grip of English... he's introduced to Scottish! And Glaswegian at that :D

Great signing though :t:

Poole will probably get Wojjy now :D

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

Just as Tarasenko has got a grip of English... he's introduced to Scottish! And Glaswegian at that :D

Great signing though :t:

Poole will probably get Wojjy now :D

If it has to be like for like average wise for a change, could he replace Hume at Redcar? 

Not that he needs replacing but would make the play off's very interesting and I imagine he would fly around there

Edited by DJC

Assuming the authorities dont find a reason to block this signing aswell, why can he not start for another fortnight? 

13 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Obviously a cracking signing for Glasgow which strengthens them a hell of a lot.

Genuinely no idea how he fits average wise and it’s certainly not a like for like swap with a team already over the limit on current averages, but it’s speedway so shouldn’t be surprised.

Should make the play offs closer for the 3 teams with the financial clout to compete against each other.

Tarasenko would be on the same five point assessed average as Wojdylo. 

But it will probably be blocked.

1 minute ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Tarasenko would be on the same five point assessed average as Wojdylo. 

But it will probably be blocked.

Given the issues we had with the pole we surely wouldn't announce without approval?