British Speedway Forum

58 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Oxford's chances of winning at Glasgow were already quite slim, but now.....

I really need to check the run in as I don't know who needs what. But us winning at Edinburgh isn't a forgone conclusion as they have a full team now and Bastian is at reserve tomorrow. 

59 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Oxford's chances of winning at Glasgow were already quite slim, but now.....

Play offs secured for Oxford job done already.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ridiculous that Tarasenko has the same 5 average in both Premier and Championship. There’s really no doubt whatsoever that Glasgow with this signing will win the Championship this season.

They won’t need decent reserves as the top 5 will be overpowering. It’s a signing similar to Lambert coming into BV last season to win the playoffs for them.

But if it is within the rules, then so be it.

To be honest just about everything is within the rules these days.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah only SS has had an issue with it. Oxford fans on twitter are moaning about it more than us! ;)

I have an issue with the rule, as it’s quite frankly ridiculous. I don’t have an issue with Glasgow trying to exploit the rule. How can a 5 point PL rider be a 5 point Championship rider? It’s a nonsense and will end this years league championship.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I have an issue with the rule, as it’s quite frankly ridiculous. I don’t have an issue with Glasgow trying to exploit the rule. How can a 5 point PL rider be a 5 point Championship rider? It’s a nonsense and will end this years league championship.

How can you exploit a rule if it’s a rule ?.

Surely you are following the rules if it’s a rule rather than exploiting it.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

think there is a difference between assessed and having a proper ave that’s where the loop hole comes in 

It doesn’t sit well with me,but as the rules go they have broke no rules they’ve seen an opportunity and took it and I think it will be very close who wins the league, the only thing that might stop them is the reserves as complin only seems to score big at Plymouth (typical) but it looks like an exciting end May the best team win.

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

This is beautiful 

Poole fans all up in arms because another side have the foresight to make a good change

Poole speedway the team who have cheated and bent the rules over the years complaining when another team acts within the rules 

Lovely to see the Poole mob crying 

All up in arms, crying, no. Why when this is a perfectly legitimate move by Glasgow and one the Poole promotion may have pulled off if they were in a similar position. Your hatred for all things Poole are well known. Had we made this signing you would have been all over it. Cheats, buying the league etc etc. Guess Glasgow may come in for this treatment from you in the future.  Who knows?

• Like 1

this rule that riders with assessed 5 ave would be ok for both leagues until rider got proper ave was approved at last years AGM  so no club can say they never new about it 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mac101 said:

this rule that riders with assessed 5 ave would be ok for both leagues until rider got proper ave was approved at last years AGM  so no club can say they never new about it 

Agree don’t know what all the fuss is about. Marcin came in on 5 there are replacing him with a 5 .Good bit of business for Tigers.Certainly seems to have ruffled  a few feathers.!

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

So the question is why was Wojdylo refused?

Apparently down to his Polish club and there play offs.

33 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I agree...how can this be ...crazy ...