British Speedway Forum

Just a word of caution, this is not yet a done deal.

It would appear some have missed the following from the release on the Official Edinburgh website:-

"Since then, informal discussions have continued and have now reached an agreement in principle for the Monarchs to remain at Armadale Stadium for 2023.

"This is still subject to the formalisation of this agreement and confirmation of final details which we will continue to work on in the days ahead. However, we have an excellent relationship with the Cochrane Family and believe that this will conclude positively."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cyclone said:

Just a word of caution, this is not yet a done deal.

It would appear some have missed the following from the release on the Official Edinburgh website:-

"Since then, informal discussions have continued and have now reached an agreement in principle for the Monarchs to remain at Armadale Stadium for 2023.

"This is still subject to the formalisation of this agreement and confirmation of final details which we will continue to work on in the days ahead. However, we have an excellent relationship with the Cochrane Family and believe that this will conclude positively."

The deal was done weeks ago.Should give the fans there money back from the farewell meeting .complete sham .

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, orion said:

The deal was done weeks ago.Should give the fans there money back from the farewell meeting .complete sham .

It is in the spirit of the BSF . How often have people said goodbye only to still be here ?:D

22 minutes ago, orion said:

They can keep mine thanks. It was the Scottish Open/Farewell to Armadale. Pre-meeting the tone had changed and I think everyone who was there or supported the meeting realised it might not be the end and are now very thankful it isn’t. 

• Like 9

11 hours ago, SunnyLeith said:

Will this news enable derby rivals Glasgow to confirm that they will remain in the Championship or is it still possible they could go to the Premiership ?

With Edinburgh almost assured then it wouldn’t make any sense financially to move up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orion said:

It most definitely wasn’t I can tell you that for a fact. 

1 hour ago, orion said:

It wasn't.

Who cares , they're back . They can have another farewell meeting next year if they want 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, orion said:

So you expect to see 22 heats of speedway, a firework display and hear a piper all for nothing? Get real. 

In fact you could see three pi(j)pers on display !!

• Like 1

Great news Edinburgh.

19 hours ago, King Jamie said:

Don't forget the 2.5% UK reduction, which would bring Mr Blobby's dream team back under 42.00.

However, obviously, it won't matter anyway if the limit is 40.

depends on what average you have for Complin ;)

his average on the bspl site or his actual average for 2023 :D

1 hour ago, yoda said:

depends on what average you have for Complin ;)

his average on the bspl site or his actual average for 2023 :D

Funnily enough, I was thinking about that yesterday after I posted.

Once the Newcastle meetings are removed, Complin won't have 10 meetings to his name. Therefore, does he revert back to the assessed 4.00 he started the season with, or will the powers-that-be fudge some random figure based on a handful of laps?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Year 20223, that a long way off! ;)

Seriously though, good to hear that Edinburgh are able to ride next season :t:

What good is it being staged in 20223? I'll be over 18,000 years-old by then. Crazy decision by the promotion imo

This is actually great news - my son is at uni In Edinburgh and I was hoping to get to see a meeting this year but had abandoned all hope of seeing Edinburgh ride at home -  fingers crossed for 2023 (slight soft spot for the Monarchs my very first speedway match was 13/7/87 Arena v Edinburgh) 

Edited by GeneralMelchett

Another trip to the dump for some people.Joking aside it is nice to see a team saved as we need as many as possible.

• Like 1