British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Not exactly doing cartwheels at this team. 40 point limit a lot to answer for. What would the Roo Boy’s average be?

Mid 8's I think.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Someone posted 8.18 in an earlier Post.But who knows.

Just go to the 2021 final Poole averages on BSPL website.8.18, just before he retired!!(unless he gets a 2.5% reduction as he rides on a British licence ;)).

Edited by Skidder1

11 hours ago, Edin03 said:

I don’t think you’re a million miles away from what we’ll end up with, pretty certain Jacob will be back though.

I think Heeps would be worth the gamble on that average, he averaged around 8.5 at Armadale in 2019. We’re probably more likely to bring Lasse back though.

I’m sure we’ll be looking for someone to double down with the Devils - possibly Bailey, Bickley or Complin.

Bickley nailed on for Edinburgh 

Bickley needs to go for it this next season, he's stagnated after his fantastic junior years .......

I think he's technically good but he needs to ermmmmm how should I put it, grow some a bit larger than they already are lol  Of course, who the hell am I to say that but all World Champs have to take risks at times, talent and a good brain aren't enough on their own ......

Edited by Trees
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, mc131 said:

Bickley nailed on for Edinburgh 

6 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

I really really hope not. I’d rather have Complin. 

Bickley's ave should be a point lower than Complin's, leaves room to be stronger elsewhere though!

Are Edinburgh fans not expecting Sam back?an Edinburgh supporter I spoke to at Shielfield said he didn't think Josh would be back next season.

16 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Are Edinburgh fans not expecting Sam back?an Edinburgh supporter I spoke to at Shielfield said he didn't think Josh would be back next season.

I think early on when Armadale wasn’t looking likely for next season Josh was probably looking at other offers understandably. I have a feeling he might stay now. Can’t see how we can get a competitive team within the points limit with Sam in the 1-7 sadly. 

• Like 1

Bickley is another one of those who as a junior was hyped up and mounted on top machinery against other riders who were on second hand bikes of a poorer standard. All well and good in the third tier but when you move up to the second and first tiers, most riders machinery is of a good standard and simply having elite equipment isn't enough.

Absolutely nothing against the lad but hyping these riders up is foolish - he is arguably the same level now as he was when he first joined the Championship a few years ago. Drew Kemp is another one.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

I think early on when Armadale wasn’t looking likely for next season Josh was probably looking at other offers understandably. I have a feeling he might stay now. Can’t see how we can get a competitive team within the points limit with Sam in the 1-7 sadly. 

Good for Edinburgh if Josh is coming back.

Sure Sam was in the top 5 average riders in the premiership last season. For there to be gaps between the leagues should riders who rank this high be racing in the lower league?

It depends with Josh how badly he wants a midweek track and how much money he might be offered to ride elsewhere.

19 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Bickley is another one of those who as a junior was hyped up and mounted on top machinery against other riders who were on second hand bikes of a poorer standard. All well and good in the third tier but when you move up to the second and first tiers, most riders machinery is of a good standard and simply having elite equipment isn't enough.

Absolutely nothing against the lad but hyping these riders up is foolish - he is arguably the same level now as he was when he first joined the Championship a few years ago. Drew Kemp is another one.

Agree about Drew Kemp although I think Drew is a better rider he seems to have the same frailties as Bickley. 

2 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

There are rumours about Sam going to Oxford. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gambo95 said:

Good for Edinburgh if Josh is coming back.

Sure Sam was in the top 5 average riders in the premiership last season. For there to be gaps between the leagues should riders who rank this high be racing in the lower league?

Sam was top of the rankings in both leagues at one point which yes makes a mockery of the situation however that’s where we are and the boys need to earn a crust.