British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

I raise you Ricky Wallace.

I'll take your Ricky Wallace and raise you Cory Blackman lol

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Odd take. I think you’d find most Monarch’s fans would have him back. 

That's why I'm asking the question. Your promotion said Etheridge was the "worst newcomer to the PL" and he's done alright since. My question is if Hook is closer to an Etheridge than a Penfold.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Ricky Wallace.

Who?

I'm a sad git who knows all and sundry riders, including lesser ones, from across the country but I can honestly say I've never heard of him :oops:

2 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

Who?

I'm a sad git who knows all and sundry riders, including lesser ones, from across the country but I can honestly say I've never heard of him :oops:

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2022/ridercareer.php?mc1=s&mc2=rc&mc3=x&mc4=x&name=Ricky Wallace

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

Who?

Billy Sanders' nephew apparently, he lasted three meetings at the start of 2010. Awful.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I'll take your Ricky Wallace and raise you Cory Blackman lol

Cory Blackman was far better than Ricky Wallace

4 hours ago, JCookie said:

Is Hook going to be a Jye Etheridge 'worst Australian ever' or is he genuinely just not very good? Seems a risk to bring him back on a 4 when he wasn't close to that last season.

Hook has a better rolling ave (& 2022 ave) than James Pearson and it seems Birmingham fans are delighted to have Pearson back again. So Hook can't be THAT bad!

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I raise you Ricky Wallace.

Ricky Butcher was probably better than Ricky Wallace lol!

• Haha 4

On 11/21/2022 at 5:15 PM, SlicktrackSandy said:

Can't see that one coming to pass somehow - not even close probably.  Just as a wee observation - am beginning to feel a bit sorry for Ricky Wells i.e. cannot recall seeing a single mention of him in any of the teams suggested here or elsewhere.  His average looks to be 5.20 which is not quite in no mans land for team building I would have thought.  At present not quite the 7.00 plus Ricky of old but still "only" 31 y.o. and certainly capable of more than 5.20 as an experienced campaigner.  Maybe getting a home track that suits him well and we may see an upturn in form ?  Just a thought.

On 11/21/2022 at 5:21 PM, Edin03 said:

I think he may be retiring.

If Wells wasn't retiring I'd say he's worth a shot on that average! Same as Heeps, did well when he rode for Monarchs.

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Hook has a better rolling ave (& 2022 ave) than James Pearson and it seems Birmingham fans are delighted to have Pearson back again. So Hook can't be THAT bad!

I liked Hook - gave his all which is what is asked of him. It’s reasonable to expect more from him in his second year and I think he’ll deliver. 

The official confirmation that everything is officially completed for us to continue at Armadale announced tonight at the home highlights evening. Roll on 2023.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 7

11 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

The official confirmation that everything is officially completed for us to continue at Armadale announced tonight at the home highlights evening. Roll on 2023.

Very good news still want to pump them though.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Next years 7 to start being announced next month.

Sam is going to be a big loss but will be interesting to see who the 7 are

6 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Next years 7 to start being announced next month.

Disappointed none announced last night.