British Speedway Forum

I would have considered Max Clegg or Matthew Wethers for team spots if their averages hasn't suddenly gone up. 

Not sure why they really have to remove the Newcastle fixtures from the averages as all they are doing in making averages less realistic. In this case almost certainly putting two riders, who have been loyal to British speedway, out of a job!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I would have considered Max Clegg or Matthew Wethers for team spots if their averages hasn't suddenly gone up. 

Not sure why they really have to remove the Newcastle fixtures from the averages as all they are doing in making averages less realistic. In this case almost certainly putting two riders, who have been loyal to British speedway, out of a job!

Did the same with Eastbourne averages too which in some cases left riders with a more favourable average.

1 hour ago, Endeavour said:

Did the same with Eastbourne averages too which in some cases left riders with a more favourable average.

Riders on the up (like Brennan) got a lower average than his ability, which helped Glasgow build a stronger team, but didn't really help him find a club as he was always going to get a team. Kennett was left on a very unfavorable average & was lucky to get signed on an ave 1 point above his ability. Worked out for Plymouth when he got injured, otherwise they would only have got 7.5 averaged guests for the season!

If they want to limit doubling up between the top 2 divisions, making it harder for Wethers & Clegg (who were not likely to get a Prem spot) to get a Champ team, wont help that!

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 8:30 PM, Fromafar said:

Will Paco be back.?

I'd certainly consider taking Paco back on his current average....

2 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

To Brummies?

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

To Brummies?

Yes...I think he could do a fair job for us...especially at home!

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Paco will only be at Birmingham as a guest or an away rider.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Yes...I think he could do a fair job for us...especially at home!

He won't be at Brum.

15 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Cookie on the December page of the 2022 calendar……..

The club are currently doing a Christmas Callander on social media which yesterday had the race of season winner in, todays was the announcement of team suit sponsorship for 2023. I’m sure there will be a few announcements maybe in there as well over the next few weeks.

53 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Cookie on the December page of the 2022 calendar……..

Still my fave even if he is back in monarchs colours

Really strange feeling hoping cookie gets back to what he was 2/3 seasons ago even if it is with the enemy.

Seems to be the most hated rider in the country and in all honesty don't know why. Even when was with Edinburgh before you applauded him cause he was a bloody good rider who was a pleasure to watch. 

• Like 3

I wish Cookie nothing but success next season, he is just a fantastic rider and a gentleman as well.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Gazc said:

I wish Cookie nothing but success next season, he is just a fantastic rider and a gentleman as well.

Great lad and a Monarchs legend…..he bleeds blue. 
Will never forget his leadership during our purple patch and back to back league titles. My personal favourite was the last heat wonder in the 4s at Redcar, balls of steel ride round the boards for a max and to bring home the bling. The heat 15 masterclass with Sam against Somerset is a close second. 
He was more than a big hitter during that spell, more a sledgehammer, and a certainty in heat 15 if you needed it. 
He will be welcomed back at Armadale if that’s what he chooses…..just remember the passport to get through at Harthill. 

• Like 4