British Speedway Forum
Bojangles

Oxford Cheetahs 2023

Just now, lewy said:

Don't think it is 4pts for away wins anymore, 2pts for win,draw super heat,1pt for aggregate win. I think :unsure:

Yeah that's what I mean. Teams won't necessarily be aiming for away wins like would in the 4 point era. So likes of Oxford and Berwick can accept little from reserve as their top 5 should keep them in the hint for the bonus point 

• Like 1

Nicholls not racing in the Premiership should mean he can concentrate on Oxford a bit more. He seems quite passionate about the project. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Scunthorpe have Kennedy & J Thompson

Alot stronger than the other 2 teams reserves

Edited by mc131

15 minutes ago, Normski said:

Lawson, Worrall, Z Cook, B Cook, J Thomas +2

I think the strength in depth option could go quite well seeing the teams so far 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Nicholls not racing in the Premiership should mean he can concentrate on Oxford a bit more. He seems quite passionate about the project. 

Will it be enough meetings for him? 

Was really hoping Dan Gilkes was Oxford bound (because it's not too far me) Given an injury free season, he will be a star for someone

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Guess he’s slowly moving towards a full-time broadcast career.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, skydog said:

Was really hoping Dan Gilkes was Oxford bound (because it's not too far me) Given an injury free season, he will be a star for someone

Absolutely. I would have loved him at Oxford. 

He'll get Prem offers throughout the season I'm sure, his resolve will be tested.

3 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Oxford clearly hoping the reserves make rapid progress. Jenkins is a shrewd signing, and should improve his average. He’s also very good around Sandy Lane. Not sure Atkins will do much, and your guess is as good as mine when it comes to Killeen. Looked out of his depth when I saw him this year, but Oxford must think he has potential. Teams are going to be weaker this year though, so there’s more scoring potential. 

What I've seen of Killeen he has that something special that only a few have, Joe Screen, Dan Bewley, Tia Woffenden being others. With the right team/people around him he can go a long way in this sport. 

3 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Oxford clearly hoping the reserves make rapid progress. Jenkins is a shrewd signing, and should improve his average. He’s also very good around Sandy Lane. Not sure Atkins will do much, and your guess is as good as mine when it comes to Killeen. Looked out of his depth when I saw him this year, but Oxford must think he has potential. Teams are going to be weaker this year though, so there’s more scoring potential. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lewy said:

I think most teams will have a 2pt reserve, alot depends on the other reserve whether they can 5 or 6 pts will make a huge difference, poole look like the only team that will be going with a bit of extra strength at the bottom end,time will tell.

A good Reserve can win you a league , totally agree

I presume Nicholls will become Tatum's permanent partner or even better replace Ermolenko on the Eurosport coverage for the top flight stuff he'll certainly make more money out of doing that. A lot safer too

• Like 4

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

There were rumours that he could return to Polish league racing.

• Like 1

A lot of pressure for the big 3 to return maximum scores with a very weak tail Hts 2 & 7 could very well be the undoing of the Cheetahs. But there's still a long way to go before the tapes rise on the new season.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

He'll get Prem offers throughout the season I'm sure, his resolve will be tested.

I'm not so sure, once he gets a new Champ ave he'd have to sign for the Prem on his converted ave. Current Prem ave is 5.15, converted Champ would be 5.49. I'd Prem clubs don't think he's worth signing on the lower ave, I can't imagine they would on thel higher ave?

Obviously if his Champ average lowers his converted ave will lower, but would he be in demand if that happens?

I think Nicholls will be happy with the current situation. Midweek track, less Saturdays with Leicester moving up, can still pick & choose guests booking in the Prem if he wants. Still good enough to be a heat leader in the Champ & more time for TV commitments.

• Like 1