British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

GP Challenge Gislaved Sweden Saturday 19th August Live on PPV

27 minutes ago, Col said:

Doyle, Vaculik & Wozniak.

Lambert 4th, exclusion cost him.  Didn't watch it but Sportwoefakty said it was controversial. 

I thought it was the correct desicion, but I could see it going either way.

If current SGP top 6 will hold Lambert and Kvech will go through from GP challenge. I also think a Pz Pawlicki and Ledbedevs might be considered for wild
cards together with Madsen and Woffinden (if he wants it).  However I think Jack Holder might end outside top 6 due to injury and if so he has earned a wild card IMO.

• Like 1

Did the ref get to watch any replays? Dave Rowe is an excellent commentator but PPV production is poor.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

If current SGP top 6 will hold Lambert and Kvech will go through from GP challenge. I also think a Pz Pawlicki and Ledbedevs might be considered for wild
cards together with Madsen and Woffinden (if he wants it).  However I think Jack Holder might end outside top 6 due to injury and if so he has earned a wild card IMO.

I expect the Russian will be allowed to ride under a neutral flag given wildcards.

The same line up but change Wozniak, Kvech, Emil and Artum for Dudek, Maciej, Thomsen and Kim

Edited by eric i
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, eric i said:

I expect the Russian will be allowed to ride under a neutral flag given wildcards.

The same line up but change Wozniak, Kvech, Emil and Artum for Dudek, Maciej, Thomsen and Kim

I hope not (if the war is still ongoing when wild cards are decided).

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

The PZM is absolutely against them, even though they are (technically) legal Polish passport holders and citizens. Emil and Artem should be allowed to compete in the SGP under a neutral flag. It is a crying shame if they are not allowed back into the Grand Prix.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I thought it was the correct desicion, but I could see it going either way.

I had mixed thoughts on Lamberts exclusion, originally I put it down to Pawlicki carrying too much speed into the bend, but then there was no need for Lambert to drift so wide , and I think it ended as the correct decision. As Daz said would have been good to see a replay.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, jrs said:

I had mixed thoughts on Lamberts exclusion, originally I put it down to Pawlicki carrying too much speed into the bend, but then there was no need for Lambert to drift so wide , and I think it ended as the correct decision. As Daz said would have been good to see a replay.

From where I was sitting at the end of the 4th corner lambert was rightly excluded, it looked like a desperate, dangerous move 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, truthsayer said:

You wanted Lebedev's what?

too win what were you thinking:shock:

I think it was the wrong decision to exclude Lambert. Pawlicki appeared to his usual trick when room starts to run out and cause a bit of a crash so he can get a rerun. Obviously we only saw it once with no replays offered up but I thought Pawlicki lost control way after Lambert came by him.

Really glad to see Wozniak make the cut as he’s been knocking on the door for a couple of years. A really hard trier and won’t be pushed about so think he could mix it well. On the other hand was a shame to see Shamek miss out to Kvech who will likely get a GP spot now too.

On a side note, I think Wozniak qualifying (and my hope for Kubera to get a wildcard) could spell the end for Dudek in the GPs 

33 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Oh good. Another season of ‘Doyley’. 

And what exactly is wrong with that??!! 

• Like 1

Szymon Wosniak is a 2024 Grand Prix Rider. Well done to him. Very talented rider. I think it's safe to say Doyle and Vaculik will make the top six cut so that will mean another new face to the series in Jan Kvech. Would have likes to have seen Luke Becker make the cut but his time will come. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

And what exactly is wrong with that??!! 

Exactly he's earned his place