GP Challenge Gislaved Sweden Saturday 19th August Live on PPV

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

3 from5

Vaculik

Doyle

Lebedevs

Becker

Piotr Pawlicki

Brutal overestimation of Becker. As mentioned Wozniak is really good but also Premyslaw Pawlicki is having a great season, top 2 averages in 1. liga and at the top of the list in the swedish league aswell. Could also argue that the likes of Berge and Kvech should be ranked ahead of him.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lorenzo558 said:

Brutal overestimation of Becker. As mentioned Wozniak is really good but also Premyslaw Pawlicki is having a great season, top 2 averages in 1. liga and at the top of the list in the swedish league aswell. Could also argue that the likes of Berge and Kvech should be ranked ahead of him.

Suppose he got as much chance of winning as Kim Nillsen had last year then

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Suppose he got as much chance of winning as Kim Nillsen had last year then

Maybe, but  there are some differences though. Edinburgh wasn't really known by most of the riders in last year's GPC, but I have a weak memory of that
Kim Nilsson had been to Edinburgh before? The track was also really bad which I think suited Kim (which is why he also was successful at German GP).

Gislaved track though is very well know among most of the riders and track is usually in good condition (although perhaps not always great racing).
Therefore I think the likeliness of surprises are much smaller, especially since it's a very big track 380m.

I think Doyle+Vaculik + Pawlickis are favourites, possible also Lebedevs .

58 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

Maybe, but  there are some differences though. Edinburgh wasn't really known by most of the riders in last year's GPC, but I have a weak memory of that
Kim Nilsson had been to Edinburgh before? The track was also really bad which I think suited Kim (which is why he also was successful at German GP).

Gislaved track though is very well know among most of the riders and track is usually in good condition (although perhaps not always great racing).
Therefore I think the likeliness of surprises are much smaller, especially since it's a very big track 380m.

I think Doyle+Vaculik + Pawlickis are favourites, possible also Lebedevs .

The GP Qualifier was at Glasgow though.!!
ps

There was nothing wrong with the track ( I was there) obviously you were at Edinburgh.

• Haha 1

The mind boggles as to could be in the 2024 GPs. My opinion is Holder/Doyle/Vaculik have done enough this year to warrant a ticket for next year irrespective of the GP Challange result. So it’s 3 from the rest. Have the Pawlickis bounced back to something good such that one or both are worthy, is Wozniak worthy, could Lebedevs do a 10 gp season at a high level. They are the serious contenders IMO and I have my doubt. I shall be waiting with interest. 

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

My opinion is Holder/Doyle/Vaculik have done enough this year to warrant a ticket for next year irrespective of the GP Challange result. 

Not just YOUR opinion. Vaculik should finish Top 6. Despite all the negative Nancies on here, Doyle has clearly proven himself one of the top boys still, and I would be surprised if he didn't finish Top 6. Likewise, I'm convinced that Holder would have finished Top 6 were it not for his injury, so there's another automatic choice.

• Like 2

I really hope Shamek Pawlicki gets in as he’s been superb all season in Poland and Sweden and looks to be back to his best. 

You’d assume Vaculik and Doyle will finish in the top 3 so we are then looking at the next best to get into the GPs - quite possibly Lebedevs and I hope Wozniak, along with Pawlicki could dump Janowski and Dudek out of the GPs especially if Kubera gets his warranted wildcard too

Edited by Najjer

Looks as if Lambert will replace Holder on Saturday as he tops the FIM list of injury replacements

! Lambert

2 Berntzon

3 M Hansen

4 Ellis

Edited by racers and royals

Should be top 8 in GP stay in anyway, whoever finishes 7th and 8th will always get a pick

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Najjer said:

I really hope Shamek Pawlicki gets in as he’s been superb all season in Poland and Sweden and looks to be back to his best. 

You’d assume Vaculik and Doyle will finish in the top 3 so we are then looking at the next best to get into the GPs - quite possibly Lebedevs and I hope Wozniak, along with Pawlicki could dump Janowski and Dudek out of the GPs especially if Kubera gets his warranted wildcard too

Janowski has had a real form slump over the last couple of season,no real injury problems, hard to fathom.

4 hours ago, bruno said:

Should be top 8 in GP stay in anyway, whoever finishes 7th and 8th will always get a pick

I’m sure that’s how it used to be, and there were a load of moans on here. They changed it and there are still a load of moans on here.  There are 10 gp’s in a year, in theory 15 of the very top speedway riders, not everyone can live up to it. Obviously need the ability, but the rider needs to be extremely fit, have very good sponsors (money), an excellent support team (mechanics etc). So many look good but when they get there it just doesn’t work.

If a GP rider qualifies through this but then finishes in the top 6 in the GPs will fourth place rider in this qualify?

2 minutes ago, eric i said:

If a GP rider qualifies through this but then finishes in the top 6 in the GPs will fourth place rider in this qualify?

That’s what’s happened in previous seasons

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

That’s what’s happened in previous seasons

If thats the case with Doyle and Lambet in the line up there is quite a high chance that 4th place could qualify for the gps.