British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Correct!! It couldnt happen to a nicer bunch to be honest 

Another one that wants us to fold. Nice!

Just now, foreverblue said:

Another one that wants us to fold. Nice!

They are just trolls. Every day we are around to annoy them and make them angry is a great day :D

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bojangles said:

It's almost as if people think it's only speedway that have playoffs. It happens in pretty much EVERY team sport now. All American sports (NHL, NFL, NBA, MLB and more), football (bar the Premier League and a few other top national leagues), rugby league, rugby union and cricket (bar the County Championship, although only a matter of time).

I don't think the playoffs are the reason attendances are dropping! They are arguably what stops it from dropping further - only got to look at the attendances for the Grand Final matches at Belle Vue, Sheffield and Poole for evidence of that.

There's a reason so many sports want playoffs, because they work from a commercial sense and fans across most sports mentioned above love them (it's just the ones where the league table toppers don't win that hate them).

Play off for promotion maybe.Wining the League is just crazy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Day after day, week after week, year after year, irrespective of league they are in these arrogant idiots are at it. 

The sooner the Barrett helicopter is spotted over Wimborne Road and the New Estate footings go in the better for the Sport in the UK

Free of these insufferable serial cheats and their arrogance. 

Good riddence when it comes. 

I miss great rivals like Cradley and Coventry who were bitter rivals but they earned respect as did their supporters. 

Not Poole.. Hated for what they are. Arrogant cheats. 

I wouldn't go that far, but i'm glad there not in the top league now.

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I wouldn't go that far, but i'm glad there not in the top league now.

Gotta give others a chance

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Essex said:

With all these postponed attempts at trying to stage the second leg it has given all fans the opportunity to put their take On events all with differing opinions what went wrong and what the answers are etc seen a few saying they don't care anymore and that is understandable but in reality we all want well Leicester and Poole fans want the final resolved but it must be at Leicester it's only fair and not forgetting the riders who look forward to a final pay day before putting the bikes away for the winter.Next season the powers that be must sort all this mess out arrange the league matches during the summer months and leave all other auxiliary fixtures to run if and when.

Not Leicester's fault as far as I'm concerned.

Raced their last league match in July and waited two months to race the playoffs against Edinburgh.

Poole should be the ones forfeiting if it's anyone due to being later finished their league matches and taking 3 weeks to race Plymouth in the playoffs.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Gotta give others a chance

And this is why you get flack for your arrogance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

And this is why you get flack for your arrogance.

Is it arrogance or just a tongue in cheek jokey remark.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HGould said:

Day after day, week after week, year after year, irrespective of league they are in these arrogant idiots are at it. 

The sooner the Barrett helicopter is spotted over Wimborne Road and the New Estate footings go in the better for the Sport in the UK

Free of these insufferable serial cheats and their arrogance. 

Good riddence when it comes. 

I miss great rivals like Cradley and Coventry who were bitter rivals but they earned respect as did their supporters. 

Not Poole.. Hated for what they are. Arrogant cheats. 

This comment is crazy! I’m no Poole fan, and some of the Poole fans on here do leave a bit of a sour taste in the mouth, but I’ve still got respect for the club and the way it’s run.

Would never want to actually see a club close, we need as many as possible these days. Plus, without rivalries, the sport would be an even duller prospect. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Gambo95 said:

Not Leicester's fault as far as I'm concerned.

Raced their last league match in July and waited two months to race the playoffs against Edinburgh.

Poole should be the ones forfeiting if it's anyone due to being later finished their league matches and taking 3 weeks to race Plymouth in the playoffs.

Nope, we've done our leg :t:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Is it arrogance or just a tongue in cheek jokey remark.

That is the trouble with the written word! Also why I try to use the emojis to show in what context I mean it! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

You weren't saying that in 2012 when the Diamonds won the league but you won the little knockout competition at the end, Scorpions league champions apparently??

Personally, I have always had the view that team with most points wins, but the powers that be followed the football crowd and instigated the Playoffs. It is what it is, until the British Speedway hierarchy change the format. Hope you Diamonds come back to the league soon.

1 hour ago, scunny1 said:

Personally, I have always had the view that team with most points wins, but the powers that be followed the football crowd and instigated the Playoffs. It is what it is, until the British Speedway hierarchy change the format. Hope you Diamonds come back to the league soon.

Sadly, I think that might be a long wait.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 7:49 PM, lewy said:

Due to the fact the weather has made a complete farce of the playoffs,surely the team that scored the most points over the season finishing 6pts above 2nd and 7pts above 3rd should be crowned champions 

I therefore claim Elite League Championships for Poole 2010 and 2012 :-) . It will get settled on the track I'm sure - just not putting a date or year to it lol

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Knightime said:

I therefore claim Elite League Championships for Poole 2010 and 2012 :-) . It will get settled on the track I'm sure - just not putting a date or year to it lol

You therefore loose the 2018 title. Lynn won the league by 6 points and beat Poole by 9 points. The year when Ford was allowed to use a guest who's average was to high in the final. In the interests of Poole the sport .;)

• Like 1