British Speedway Forum
Monarchs2468

World Cup - Wroclaw July 2023

I wonder how a new British supporter, who saw this, would react if they went to a run of the mill British speedway meeting demanding more of the same?

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t think that is correct.Kolodziez replaced Dudek for starters.

And Bewley replaced Ellis and Rasmus Jensen replaced Nicki earlier in the week but you cant expect Gavan to know the rules!

1 hour ago, chunky said:

Somebody said earlier, it could all come down to gate positions...

Not if you have Smarzlik in your Team

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Clemens said:

I wonder how a new British supporter, who saw this, would react if they went to a run of the mill British speedway meeting demanding more of the same?

It's not comparable though. It's like watching the World Cup football final and then expecting the same on a wet Wednesday at Wycombe.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Bewley was limited to 5 rides.   Same as everyone else.   (He could only have had a sixth tactical ride if we'd gone 6 behind - again the same as everyone else).

Should have had Brennan as reserve.  Start with Ellis in the first block of 4 races, and then pick between Ellis or Brennan for the subsequent rides.

I believe we should have had Richard Lawson...

I mean Steve(ie):Worrall...

Or Pete Smith..

Or naybe even Neil Middleditch...

If we were truly serious about winning the SWC we would have....

I never actually realised until tonight on here,, that Championship HL's were as good as genuine World Class Speedway riders...

Truly amazed every World Class rider doesn't make it his ambition to ride at Poole in the 2nd Division...

A seamless transition to the GPs apparently... 

I would imagine that Magic tonight is so grateful he rode there...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Not if you have Smarzlik in your Team

Ah but, for all his brilliance, he did drop 4 points from his 5 rides. But I'd have him in my team, at a push.

27 minutes ago, nw42 said:

How could we have had Ellis in more than Tom? We were never 6points behind, both were in the main body of the team.

It's very simple, Bewley could have replaced Brennan 4 times & Ellis once.

• Like 1

Do you think they will keep the World Cup at Wrocław or move it around?

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Or naybe even Neil Middleditch...

Rider/ Manager? He's only a few years ahead of Nicki :D

Well the GB lads surprised me was nt expecting that gave it their all but just fell short .Adam and Tom did better than many on here expected and both will have learned from the experience.Robert Dan and Woffinden battled hard but for me the meeting was lost with the 2 last places by Tai in his 3rd and 4th rides..The polish side must have been mighty relieved to sneak over the line I expected a lot more from them .Hope Jack s injury is not too serious as he s been in great form recently.

Great meeting, exciting and unpredictable racing, and a format that allowed a fair last heat decider. All four teams played their part, and Poland deserved and earned their win. 

I loved tonight's meeting. A great event that had me shouting at the screen. Sorry neighbours.
But I am persuaded to the line of argument that says the semis and race off should not be at the same venue as the final. Preserving the track for the final meant the earlier meetings were spoilt by a hard packed slick track that wasn't what we'd expect for a world class meeting.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leicester Lion said:

Great meeting, exciting and unpredictable racing, and a format that allowed a fair last heat decider. All four teams played their part, and Poland deserved and earned their win. 

Yes the dreaded joker know where to be seen and as such a great nights racing and a fair result. Even though we came so close.

4 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

Well the GB lads surprised me was nt expecting that gave it their all but just fell short .Adam and Tom did better than many on here expected and both will have learned from the experience.Robert Dan and Woffinden battled hard but for me the meeting was lost with the 2 last places by Tai in his 3rd and 4th rides..The polish side must have been mighty relieved to sneak over the line I expected a lot more from them .Hope Jack s injury is not too serious as he s been in great form recently.

9 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Do you think they will keep the World Cup at Wrocław or move it around?

If it remains and isn't replacing by the SoN it will be at the NSS or possibly Sweden next year.  I'd imagine.  Wroclaw has been a great venue & city to visit.

4 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

the meeting was lost with the 2 last places by Tai in his 3rd and 4th rides...

It was lost when Lambert tried to riund Fricke in heat 20 allowing Janowskj to sneak through.  I'm not blaming Lambert at all, he needed a rider between hinself & Janowski as they crossed the line to win. The World Cup.   Wouldn't have fancied any of our riders against Zmarzlik in a run off so he gad to go fir it.

Tremendous effort from all our riders.

3 minutes ago, False dawn said:

I loved tonight's meeting. A great event that had me shouting at the screen. Sorry neighbours.
But I am persuaded to the line of argument that says the semis and race off should not be at the same venue as the final. Preserving the track for the final meant the earlier meetings were spoilt by a hard packed slick track that wasn't what we'd expect for a world class meeting.

Think the fact that there were only 2 decent Teams in the rounds probably made the racing poorer.Let’s be honest there are only 4 decent Teams these days.