British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2023

4 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Good shout....but I heard that he didn't want to ride over here (last season...)

He didn’t due to family commitments,but was seemingly keen to come back this season.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, *JJ said:

Doubt it. In 2009, he was faster than Jason Lyons and obviously going right to the top, but with all of his injuries he would be better off now in the NL.

Yes, the year the Brummies were decimated by injuries - Legault, Roynon the two that spring to mind - I said if Roynon manages to gate in front of Lyons once (they were paired at 3 & 4) he'd take a second off the track record he was that quick.  Such a shame.

9 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

That would leave 3.62 to complete the line-up.

Probably an Aussie kid that nobody has heard of before who manages to score a win against a "big boy" during the Aussie season, and therefore gets hyped up as the next big thing.

17 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Probably an Aussie kid that nobody has heard of before who manages to score a win against a "big boy" during the Aussie season, and therefore gets hyped up as the next big thing.

Aussies come in an assessed 4.00 --or 5.00 if they've ridden in professional leagues in Poland, Denmark or Sweden !!! 

6 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Proctor would be huge gamble.IMO.Wasn’t showing much for Berwick before he got injured.

5 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

NO NO NO!!!

Not a fan of Proctor!

1) I don't think Proctor is a gamble on a 4.00 ave (minimum for foreigners) - if he's poor just swap for another 4.00 rider

2) can you name someone better on a 4.00 ave?

11 hours ago, Petecc said:

Going back through all your guesses,  non of you saw him coming.

I did on Brum forum but not on here as most know who is going elsewhere;) Maybe you don't go on that site:unsure:

3 hours ago, Col said:

Yes, the year the Brummies were decimated by injuries - Legault, Roynon the two that spring to mind - I said if Roynon manages to gate in front of Lyons once (they were paired at 3 & 4) he'd take a second off the track record he was that quick.  Such a shame.

I've said the same on here before roynon was a class act years ago if not for the injuries could of easily been a top rider 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mc131 said:

I've said the same on here before roynon was a class act years ago if not for the injuries could of easily been a top rider 

He's a very decent BSN Commentator!;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mc131 said:

He was indeed as a youngster. I remember rye house at brum when Adam and Tai rode for Rye House.  Tai literally flew over the fence one race and the rest of the team were incapacitated somehow. Adam and a.n.other Rye House rider kept their team going and only narrowly lost. Brum were lucky to have Adam the next year after and was indeed faster than Lord Lyons at times but didn't get in front of him to many times. If he had? Who is to say. They were exciting times indeed, but unfortunately luck never stayed on Adams side after a crash a Rye House later that season. Shame would have loved to have seen where a fit Adam Rpynon would have ended up.

• Like 1

With the signing of James Wright that leaves the Brummies 8.5 to play with for the last 2 riders, which way will they go ? 2 x 4+ riders or a 2 pointer with a 6+ rider, personally I would choose the later because if Sedgy has an off night you are relying on a 4 pointer to back up Nick in the later heats, with a 6+ rider at least its a better balance than Nick and Sedgy with 5 x 4+ riders, unless there is a new overseas rider coming on a 4 that will average 6/7 points, an interesting choice to be made by LR.

Gino Manzares? I saw somewhere that he wanted to come back to the UK, and has quite a low average.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Gino Manzares? I saw somewhere that he wanted to come back to the UK, and has quite a low average.

4th in US  championship - should be OK for visa?

1 hour ago, *JJ said:

Read in SS a couple of weeks ago he is already signed up in Sweden and will be basing himself there

Roynon was some talent as a kid. Often wonder what may have been for him if he’d not had so many bad injuries. Great to see him riding still and hope he continues to stay safe. 

Think the Brummies should go with a 6 pointer and 2 pointer given what they have signed up already. As someone has said they really lack heat winners away and at home I see teams with three decent heat leaders and a half decent reserve turning them over. If as mentioned they are looking at a couple more 4 pointers it's in essence two heat leaders and five reserves and those two heat leaders only win if they gate.

Wright is imo a poor signing on that average, he's far from the rider he once was and Nielsen (as much as I like the lad) just hasn't progressed in a number of seasons.

Hope I'm wrong but don't see this Brummies team doing much so far.