British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2023

3 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Maybe about time that the british reduction is increased / doubled? There has to be something that makes british riders more attractive signings than overseas couterparts.

Could make the minimum ave for foreigners 5.00?

I could well be wrong but I always thought that once a foreign rider had accumulated enough meetings to get an average, that was the figure that would be used for team building purposes etc

I imagine the same principle would apply then if a Prem team signed let’s say Wiktor Lampart on an assessed 8.00 but he only averaged 6.15 then he would remain on 8.00 until he averaged above that, but for how long would that apply?

57 minutes ago, marko said:

I could well be wrong but I always thought that once a foreign rider had accumulated enough meetings to get an average, that was the figure that would be used for team building purposes etc

I imagine the same principle would apply then if a Prem team signed let’s say Wiktor Lampart on an assessed 8.00 but he only averaged 6.15 then he would remain on 8.00 until he averaged above that, but for how long would that apply?

Can never drop below your assessed average.

4 hours ago, marko said:

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Can never drop below your assessed average.

Not true Lasse Fredricksen came in on an assessed 5.00 ave but dropped to 4.00 (the minimum figure for foreigners).

• Like 1

Also Nick Agertoft came to Birmingham on an assessed 5.00 average and dropped to 4.00.  But couldn’t drop any lower (even though his true average was a lot lower) 

With Morris now signing for Grindsted in the Danish League, who will get priority? Could Birmingham now do a Plymouth & use almost any guest for their no 1 with a high CMA?

Grindsted ride on 19/4, 26,  3/5, 10, 17, 24, 7/6, 14, 28 with a break in July before re-starting on 2/8, 9, 16 

3 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

With Morris now signing for Grindsted in the Danish League, who will get priority? Could Birmingham now do a Plymouth & use almost any guest for their no 1 with a high CMA?

Grindsted ride on 19/4, 26,  3/5, 10, 17, 24, 7/6, 14, 28 with a break in July before re-starting on 2/8, 9, 16 

I would assume Morris only riding in Denmark on weeks when there is no Brum home fixture or away ones at Oxford or Poole. 

• Like 1

Frankly if Nick Morris can't give full focus to Birmingham he should do one. 

I can't see Lawson and Worrall, Masters and Kerr etc letting their respective Wednesday teams down in this manner. 

IF he only rides in Denmark when not required for Brummies then fair enough, but it would leave a very sad taste in every Brummies fans mouth if we are going to be shafted by Danish commitments once again. 

• Like 1

I expect he's signed for a Danish side because he's only getting half the Championship fixtures that was mooted. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Frankly if Nick Morris can't give full focus to Birmingham he should do one. 

I can't see Lawson and Worrall, Masters and Kerr etc letting their respective Wednesday teams down in this manner. 

IF he only rides in Denmark when not required for Brummies then fair enough, but it would leave a very sad taste in every Brummies fans mouth if we are going to be shafted by Danish commitments once again. 

Part of me thinks if Birmingham are allowed a guest then Morris missing matches won't harm them! But I can also agree with HGould that if Morris isn't going to be available every week they should look elsewhere (2 x 7.00 riders rather than a 10+4)?

11 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Part of me thinks if Birmingham are allowed a guest then Morris missing matches won't harm them! But I can also agree with HGould that if Morris isn't going to be available every week they should look elsewhere (2 x 7.00 riders rather than a 10+4)?

Is Adam Ellis available (7.13)?:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

That would pee me off if he's going to be missing!!! I'm trying to get new people through the gate. Three kids now go every week, my daughter wants to go more regularly and her boyfriend fancies going as he can't stand footy. 

I would imagine that Birmingham will have priority on Nick Morris's services. 

The Danish club will be allowed to use him when Birmingham don't have a meeting

The only problem I can see is if Birmingham have to re-arranged a meeting due to postponement on a planned Danish clubs meeting

If that happens then the club could  have a problem as I think they will only be able to replace Morris with a National League rider.  

38 minutes ago, spin king said:

I would imagine that Birmingham will have priority on Nick Morris's services. 

The Danish club will be allowed to use him when Birmingham don't have a meeting

The only problem I can see is if Birmingham have to re-arranged a meeting due to postponement on a planned Danish clubs meeting

If that happens then the club could  have a problem as I think they will only be able to replace Morris with a National League rider.  

That rule no longer exists, if a club has "no facility available" they can use a guest up to 75% of missing riders ave.