British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2023

On 7/27/2023 at 12:01 PM, HGould said:

He's allegedly mortified that he's misplaced his favourite trinket. 

Very attached to an empty Coca Cola bottle allegedly. 

You've got that completly wrong.

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

You've got that completly rong.

I'm not referring to his recent test or Charlie 

More a trial exhibit wink wink

2 minutes ago, HGould said:

I'm not referring to his recent test or Charlie 

More a trial exhibit wink wink

You're referring to a previous incident, which as I said you got completely wrong.

• Like 1

Im sure i remember years ago when Smart and Lobb got caught, Smart held his hands up and admitted it and Lobb refused a second test for a while therefore got a longer ban?

14 hours ago, StephenMiller said:

The potential planning development for Perry Barr has been picked up by the Birmingham Mail now :-

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/perry-barr-stadium-greyhound-speedway-27399974

Reading the comments speedway needs to distance itself from animal sports. It will only end one way if speedway remains a tenant of greyhounds. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Deano said:

Reading the comments speedway needs to distance itself from animal sports. It will only end one way if speedway remains a tenant of greyhounds. 

I think we are now down to six tracks shared with greyhounds. Four of those are under threat (Monmore, Perry Barr and Armadale, and Sheffield), leaving just two where the sports still seem to co-exist Kevin Boothby owned Oxford and Mildenhall

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I think we are now down to six tracks shared with greyhounds. Four of those are under threat (Monmore, Perry Barr and Armadale, and Sheffield), leaving just two where the sports still seem to co-exist Kevin Boothby owned Oxford and Mildenhall

Don't think there are dogs at Armadale any more. 

The problem is potential housebuilding. 

10 hours ago, Pinny said:

Im sure i remember years ago when Smart and Lobb got caught, Smart held his hands up and admitted it and Lobb refused a second test for a while therefore got a longer ban?

Makes sense. No different to a criminal court. If you admit your guilt you’ll get a more lenient sentence for honesty (and saving time and expense on hearings, admin etc). 

As for second tests in this case, both samples need to be taken at the same time for the testing process to maintain integrity. 

1 hour ago, TheScotsman said:

Don't think there are dogs at Armadale any more. 

The problem is potential housebuilding. 

Correct.Owners trying to sell land for housing

Edited by Fromafar

3 hours ago, Deano said:

There were plenty of comments like that in the local rag in Swindon and we know how that panned out New stadium Dogs only

So on BSN tonight is was stated that if Brum make the playoffs, they are looking at bringing in a rider who would turn them into title favourites. 

So who are they talking to? And what rider could turn them into a team that could beat Poole over two legs? Not even Zmarzlik could manage that!

Edited by Steve Shovlar

34 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So on BSN tonight is was stated that if Brum make the playoffs, they are looking at bringing in a rider who would turn them into title favourites. 

So who are they talking to? And what rider could turn them into a team that could beat Poole over two legs? Not even Zmarzlik could manage that!

Well we won't have to wait too long 

to find out!!

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well we won't have to wait too long 

to find out!!

When is it happening?

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

They also said Bowtell would be getting 7 rides. How well has that worked out?