British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2023

Re - Stadium    Followed this to Wiki       "  Perry Barr Stadium (also known as Perry Barr Greyhound Stadium and previously as Alexander Sports Ground(s)[1]) is a greyhound racing and motorcycle speedway stadium on Aldridge Road in Perry Barr, Birmingham, England. The track is operated by the Arena Racing Company (ARC), who lease it from owners the National Asset Management Agency. Racing takes place every Saturday evening, in addition to their four ARC fixtures.                                                                                                                                                        Searched  " National Asset Management Agency" on wiki got this.......             The National Asset Management Agency (NAMA; Irish: Gníomhaireacht Náisiúnta um Bhainistíocht Sócmhainní) is a body created by the government of Ireland in late 2009 in response to the Irish financial crisis and the deflation of the Irish property bubble.                                     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Asset_Management_Agency      ......................... I presume there is only one company called this?.

1 hour ago, Bluenose said:

Re - Stadium    Followed this to Wiki       "  Perry Barr Stadium (also known as Perry Barr Greyhound Stadium and previously as Alexander Sports Ground(s)[1]) is a greyhound racing and motorcycle speedway stadium on Aldridge Road in Perry Barr, Birmingham, England. The track is operated by the Arena Racing Company (ARC), who lease it from owners the National Asset Management Agency. Racing takes place every Saturday evening, in addition to their four ARC fixtures.                                                                                                                                                        Searched  " National Asset Management Agency" on wiki got this.......             The National Asset Management Agency (NAMA; Irish: Gníomhaireacht Náisiúnta um Bhainistíocht Sócmhainní) is a body created by the government of Ireland in late 2009 in response to the Irish financial crisis and the deflation of the Irish property bubble.                                     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Asset_Management_Agency      ......................... I presume there is only one company called this?.

The Directors of Corbally Group are Irish, if you go to companies house.

16 hours ago, tyretrax said:

What if the new householders are all Lib-Dem voters? :lol:

Judging by the plans and the artists impressions in those plans they are not aiming at your average Lib-Dem voter. There are no detached or semi-detached houses with gardens in the plan, rather, a dense package of apartments, for rent, or which are "affordable" and "social" housing. A modern day "Council Estate", if you will. That tends to attract people who tend to vote Labour. And it needs less than 200 votes for one of the Lib Dem councillors to lose her majority, and about 600 votes for the "legendary" Jon Hunt to lose his. Jon Hunt being the legendary opponent to every change to happen in Perry Barr. He opposed the reintroduction of speedway in 2006 and now he's effectively opposing the removal of it. Don't you just love politicians? The only problem is, that whatever he opposes, happens anyway, so don't hold your breath.

9 hours ago, Deano said:

The Directors of Corbally Group are Irish, if you go to companies house.

I read somewhere that the current lease expires in 2026. So what Corbally are basically saying is that what they want to do after 2026 is to build houses. And they want to start the planning process now so that the pieces of the jigsaw are ready to put together when the lease runs out. And on their heads be it. Planning permission still needs to be granted. They can submit all the lovely plans that they want, but if permission isn't granted, then the plans go nowhere. There are 8 or 9 huge plots of land in that area (e.g. Wellhead Lane) ready to build on right now, that require no demolition at all, and my feeling is that the Planners would want these to be used up before any other land is repurposed. Let's hope that the planners take inspiration from Rugby Borough Council in standing up to property speculators. But as with all things political, I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 3

Birmingham management not playing by the rules, tapping up other teams heat leaders hopefully bites him on the arse.

8 minutes ago, lewy said:

Birmingham management not playing by the rules, tapping up other teams heat leaders hopefully bites him on the arse.

'Son of Dick' using his contacts!??;)

8 minutes ago, lewy said:

Care to explain/ name names of who is supposedly being tapped up please. ? 
I think I know who you may be alluding to but I’d be intrigued as to who you mean 

49 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

2year suspension for Morris

Now he has his suspension do Brum and Leicester have to sign someone or can they use guests til end of the season? 

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Now he has his suspension do Brum and Leicester have to sign someone or can they use guests til end of the season? 

well we will soon find out.

Brummies at Redcar tomorrow night.

No team news yet announced from either team !

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Think Plymouth got facility for barker all season did they not?

Will we ever see Morris racing over here again, long two years ahead for him.

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Think Plymouth got facility for barker all season did they not?

Couldn't remember if they signed a replacement for Barker. 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Couldn't remember if they signed a replacement for Barker. 

Used r/r for in meeting Vs Glasgow in October so I'd assume facility is available to Birmingham. Presumably not Leicester since they've replaced him now

23 minutes ago, screm said:

Will we ever see Morris racing over here again, long two years ahead for him.

Would be 31 at that point. Who knows what state UK speedway will be in by then, there is usually always someone looking for riders.