British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangles

Oxford Chargers 2023

On 12/27/2022 at 9:20 PM, Triple.H. said:

If George Congreve was eligible, i'd have him in the NDL in a heartbeat and to be honest if he hadn't been thrown to the lions as he was at Newcastle last year i think he'd have a Championship spot in 2023. 

We saw Congreve at Newcastle in the Championship last season & he was a long way off the pace for that league. Even if he is eligible to take a place in an NDL team would he think it viable to travel 12000 miles just for a NDL team spot. The finances involved would be unobtainable.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 4:38 AM, Technik said:

We saw Congreve at Newcastle in the Championship last season & he was a long way off the pace for that league. Even if he is eligible to take a place in an NDL team would he think it viable to travel 12000 miles just for a NDL team spot. The finances involved would be unobtainable.

Well he is

Not convinced that Fellows is even the pick of available 3 pointers but maybe some guidance and heavy machinery investment will assist that. Likely with this side that its 3 rides only at number 6 or might be fortunate that result is decided early and gets his last run out. With Killeen as the other reserve there is always a feeling he might not last the meeting and Fellows could be decisive as the lone reserve rider.

Edited by Sings4Speedway
bit much white space
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Team being sponsored by the WSRA.

As a member of the WSRA, I believe this is wrong.  We as an organisation should be supporting the SPORT not individual teams.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, edmon said:

As a member of the WSRA, I believe this is wrong.  We as an organisation should be supporting the SPORT not individual teams.

Agree.

On 1/25/2023 at 11:25 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

Not convinced that Fellows is even the pick of available 3 pointers but maybe some guidance and heavy machinery investment will assist that. Likely with this side that its 3 rides only at number 6 or might be fortunate that result is decided early and gets his last run out. With Killeen as the other reserve there is always a feeling he might not last the meeting and Fellows could be decisive as the lone reserve rider.

I'm not sure if there are any better 3.00 riders available, but they can always make changes if needed.

The Oxford team is clearly built to win based on having 4 heat leaders, plus the very promising Jody Scott who may end up being their 5th HL.

I would rate their main rivals Workington (S.McGurk & Kelly) & Leicester (Spencer & Foord) as ending up with stronger reserves than Oxford (Clouting & Fellows) though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm not sure if there are any better 3.00 riders available, but they can always make changes if needed.

The Oxford team is clearly built to win based on having 4 heat leaders, plus the very promising Jody Scott who may end up being their 5th HL.

I would rate their main rivals Workington (S.McGurk & Kelly) & Leicester (Spencer & Foord) as ending up with stronger reserves than Oxford (Clouting & Fellows) though.

Luke Harrison is Workington reserve with Elliot Kelly 

3 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

The key phrase was 'ending up'. I think szkocjasid is assuming Luke will not stay at reserve for long, an assessment I'm sure hou concur with.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

The key phrase was 'ending up'. I think szkocjasid is assuming Luke will not stay at reserve for long, an assessment I'm sure hou concur with.

arnieg understands me

13 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

We can agreed to disagree on the available 3.00 riders who look better positioned to do a better job BUT Fellows could be turning up with a huge upgrade in machinery and fitness so happy as ever to be proved wrong. 

If McGurk and Kelly end up at reserve for Worky that could be a serious lack of fire power at the end of the season and if Spencer ends up at reserve (or heading for it) i could seeing him being dropped by Leicester before the averages change.

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

We can agreed to disagree on the available 3.00 riders who look better positioned to do a better job BUT Fellows could be turning up with a huge upgrade in machinery and fitness so happy as ever to be proved wrong. 

If McGurk and Kelly end up at reserve for Worky that could be a serious lack of fire power at the end of the season and if Spencer ends up at reserve (or heading for it) i could seeing him being dropped by Leicester before the averages change.

If McGurk And Kelly end up at reserve it means that Harrison and the rest are doing very well though so hardly makes any difference.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

11 hours ago, Fromafar said:

If McGurk And Kelly end up at reserve it means that Harrison and the rest are doing very well though so hardly makes any difference.

I agree with Fromafar, same for Leicester too, suggesting Spencer ends up at reserve isn't me suggesting his average will drop, just that I expect James, Boughton & Perry to do very well! I think Spencer could up his average & still end up as reserve!

Don't see Oxford ending up with the same firepower at reserve as their main rivals.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 3

While it's a blow for Oxford with Nathan Stoneman getting injured, r/r still gives them a strong looking teams with Jenkins, Atkins, Scott & Killeen all able to get an extra ride (or more in Luke's case).