British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

Speedway entry/ season ticket costs 2023. All 3 leagues.

I'll start. KL

Adults £22

Concessions( disabled,over65, and students £20

Under 16 £5

Under 5 free

Season tickets £260.. 13 meetings plus programme @£3 each, plus 3 races from centre green.

Concessions £235 Inc programme. Races from centre green.

Children £50 no programme

Edited by Bald Bloke

Sheffield

Adults £22

Concessions £20

Under 16 £1.00

Season ticket Adults £240.00

Concessions £216.00

Includes 12 Premier League matches, centre green experience, team photo and half price parking.

Programme £3.00.

On 12/17/2022 at 7:09 AM, RS50 said:

Sheffield

Adults £22

Concessions £20

Under 16 £1.00

Season ticket Adults £240.00

Concessions £216.00

Includes 12 Premier League matches, centre green experience, team photo and half price parking.

Programme £3.00.

U16's a quid. If that don't encourage the youngsters, nothing will.

• Like 2

Will 2023 see a dip in the supporters attending most matches? For myself at Sheffield it's not to bad because I am a wrinkly and my grandson is under 16 so £27 is not to bad for us BUT the average family of 2 adults and 2 kids plus 2 programmes it will be £52 which is a lot to find out of the family budget these days. I am not saying it is overpriced but with food, petrol and heating costs the way they are I've a feeling a lot of families will be thinking if they can all afford to go to speedway twice a month.

From the age of four I was taken to Wimbledon for Speedway. In those days it ran on a Monday evening and even during term time we never missed a meeting and I never suffered problems at school. We never had any stadium bought food. My parents always took a flask of coffee and we stopped at the local sweet shop on our way to the stadium to buy a Mars, Crunchie or other chocolate bar for each of us. Sweets and coffee were had during the interval.

My father always bought a programme and when I was old enough I also had one to fill in. These days I print my own race cards for both sports and don't normally buy a programme as most seem to be 24 or more pages of adverts. For Speedway the old programmes tended to be 8 pages which consisted of front cover, administration and advert for next meeting, promoters piece, centre page spread of race card, meet the visitors, sponsors adverts and back cover with fixture list that had results of meetings already run. Such a programme was cheap to produce and most people bought one as they were cheap. Today's magazine programmes have probably one extra article and half a dozen colour photos but the rest is all adverts that never change but you pay for over and over again which does not appear to be very good value. I am happy to agree that some current programmes are better but some are worse. 

• Like 2

I know that it's all relative quoting prices from the past and taking into account inflationary adjustment but when I first went to speedway (1972) it cost 30p entrance (child) and 8p for a programme for 13 heats of main match action plus anything between 6 and 7 second half races.

• Like 1

Strange that Wolves are selling season tickets but haven't said how much pay on the day is

It seems looking through the prices so far there isn’t a big enough saving/incentive to buy a season ticket, with postponements etc there isn’t much flexibility

• Like 1

Maybe clubs would get more mileage in running a membership scheme rather than Season Tickets?

Eg  £20 a month for 12 months and you get a free programme when you attend however many meetings there are..

Plus maybe several goes on the centre green per season to watch the racing..? 

Make the membership transferable for meetings the person paying may miss..

The benefits for the club are a constant cash flow, emails and communication details of fans so they can target them with merchandise offers, send them birthday and Xmas cards etc, meaning they stay in contact all year, not just during the season..

Maybe run prize draws too, once a month, to provide more interest and stimulate take up, cash prizes, merchandise, free food or drink vouchers etc...

And non attendance on those "dodgy weather nights" is irrelevant as the money has already been taken.. 

For the fans they get to pay over 12 months so can budget and get to feel a  bit like a "VIP" if the club runs the scheme well enough, seperate entrance, newsletters, etc thus making that so important emotional connection which stimulates loyalty.. 

A "500 Club" with fans paying £20 a month delivers £10k a month, and £120k a year..

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JoeW436 said:

It seems looking through the prices so far there isn’t a big enough saving/incentive to buy a season ticket, with postponements etc there isn’t much flexibility

I never bought a season ticket in all the years I went to speedway...too many variables in my opinion.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, mikebv said:

Maybe clubs would get more mileage in running a membership scheme rather than Season Tickets?

Eg  £20 a month for 12 months and you get a free programme when you attend however many meetings there are..

Plus maybe several goes on the centre green per season to watch the racing..? 

Make the membership transferable for meetings the person paying may miss..

The benefits for the club are a constant cash flow, emails and communication details of fans so they can target them with merchandise offers, send them birthday and Xmas cards etc, meaning they stay in contact all year, not just during the season..

Maybe run prize draws too, once a month, to provide more interest and stimulate take up, cash prizes, merchandise, free food or drink vouchers etc...

And non attendance on those "dodgy weather nights" is irrelevant as the money has already been taken.. 

For the fans they get to pay over 12 months so can budget and get to feel a  bit like a "VIP" if the club runs the scheme well enough, seperate entrance, newsletters, etc thus making that so important emotional connection which stimulates loyalty.. 

A "500 Club" with fans paying £20 a month delivers £10k a month, and £120k a year..

Clubs can't cover their upfront costs at £20 month. This is the reason season tickets are still options & it's not for the fans benefit. 

The way Speedway fixtures work, offering a monthly subscription can plunge clubs into serious trouble quite quickly when working on tight budgets. 

IF '500' bought the subscription & the club had to cover costs, say, 2 home 3 away that month. They would normally have gotten £22,000. Under the scheme they'd receive just £10,000 to cover immediate costs of that month. 

In short term business, that £12,000 loss could be in surviving or closing. 

2 months of similar fixtures that's £24,000 missed. 

Call-offs after a meetings started would add to issues if the meeting result limit isn't reached. 

While a good idea in principle, it would be financial suicide to clubs. 

11 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Clubs can't cover their upfront costs at £20 month. This is the reason season tickets are still options & it's not for the fans benefit. 

The way Speedway fixtures work, offering a monthly subscription can plunge clubs into serious trouble quite quickly when working on tight budgets. 

IF '500' bought the subscription & the club had to cover costs, say, 2 home 3 away that month. They would normally have gotten £22,000. Under the scheme they'd receive just £10,000 to cover immediate costs of that month. 

In short term business, that £12,000 loss could be in surviving or closing. 

2 months of similar fixtures that's £24,000 missed. 

Call-offs after a meetings started would add to issues if the meeting result limit isn't reached. 

While a good idea in principle, it would be financial suicide to clubs. 

But you would have from Nov to March, 5 months of income and no outgoings...

Keeping cash flowing through your business, and earning interest..

You can then use this cash to pay the bills created by such scenarios you describe...

I would also suggest having this steady income may help any possible investors see the business as being on a sound footing...

Edited by mikebv

3 minutes ago, mikebv said:

But you would have from Nov to March, 5 months of income and no outgoings...

Keeping cash flowing through your business...

Irrelevant, similarly to season tickets the majority of that money is spend by March 1st

Interesting idea however I agree with the money up front, spent before the season starts, but a 500 club? A lot of clubs would love to have a regular 500.

On 12/23/2022 at 3:55 PM, Bald Bloke said:

U16's a quid. If that don't encourage the youngsters, nothing will.

How many under 16s can attend a meeting on their own? Individual pricing is not worth looking at.

2 adults and 2 kids costs £46 at Sheffield. That is bloody expensive for a sport where there is only 15 minutes of actual speedway.

A family of 4 could visit the zoo or the cinema for an equivalent cost.