British Speedway Forum

Premiership is good value because of the riders who'll be over here, Got some top names and the playing field looks more equal.

Championship is terrible value though because you're paying more to watch a drastically weaker Championship product in 2024 than you watched this year....Pay more for less springs to mind.

2 hours ago, iainb said:

I still believe it's pretty good value, but the prices have gone up alarmingly:

2022: £152

2023: £209 +37.5%

2024: £250 +19.6%

Bit of a false equivalence unless you also list the amount of meetings being shown, as this is going up again next year the price per stream isn’t far of the same 

21 minutes ago, gmuncie said:

Bit of a false equivalence unless you also list the amount of meetings being shown, as this is going up again next year the price per stream isn’t far of the same 

I get what you're saying and price per match I still think it's pretty good value but the packages I've compared are equivalent, CL pass and PL pass year on year.

3 hours ago, TTT said:

Premiership is good value because of the riders who'll be over here, Got some top names and the playing field looks more equal.

Championship is terrible value though because you're paying more to watch a drastically weaker Championship product in 2024 than you watched this year....Pay more for less springs to mind.

Doesn't necessarily mean it's less exciting/entertaining, though.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, iainb said:

I get what you're saying and price per match I still think it's pretty good value but the packages I've compared are equivalent, CL pass and PL pass year on year.

Early bird Prem package is £89.99. Only a tenner up on last season. I really enjoyed the  2023 season. 18 meetings, works out at a fiver a pop.

British Speedway Network - 2024 SEASON PASS RELEASE

Edited by Bald Bloke

Championship Package at £159 for 40 meetings -£4 a meeting that’s a bargain IMO.Irrespective of price rise.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, iainb said:

I still believe it's pretty good value, but the prices have gone up alarmingly:

2022: £152

2023: £209 +37.5%

2024: £250 +19.6%

Hi Ian,

Your comparisons are not taking the number of streams included in those packages into account.

To make an accurate comparison you would need to compare on a price per stream basis, which shows the true change in price each season.

It’s also very important to highlight that BSN was not VAT registered in 2022 when packages were first offered to the public, so we are actually taking less per stream in 2024 than we were back in 2022, as we’ve essentially absorbed some of the VAT we now charge (a legal obligation) so that we can continue to offer the best value we can to our subscribers.

We are streaming more year on year for the simple reason that it’s the one request we receive most from our subscribers - people have asked for more, so we are offering more.

For anybody reading, I’ve listed a comparison taking the above into account. The total prices listed below are the lowest prices a subscriber could buy the packages for:

2022: £152 | 41 streams = £3.71 per stream (£3.71 + No VAT)

2023: £208 | 54 streams = £3.85 per stream (£3.21 + VAT)

2024: £250 | 58 streams = £4.31 per stream (£3.59 + VAT)

Although the price per stream has increased to our customers, it has actually decreased to us as we are taking £3.59 for each stream after VAT in 2024, as opposed to £3.71 in 2022. Our costs have risen significantly too over that time period.

Hopefully that adds some context as to why we have had to increase prices. It is always our aim to offer the best value we can and we believe that £3.59 + VAT per stream does that. Unfortunately, lowering prices further would simply make the business model unviable.

Ben Duffill (BSN)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, jduffill said:

Hi Ian,

Your comparisons are not taking the number of streams included in those packages into account.

To make an accurate comparison you would need to compare on a price per stream basis, which shows the true change in price each season.

It’s also very important to highlight that BSN was not VAT registered in 2022 when packages were first offered to the public, so we are actually taking less per stream in 2024 than we were back in 2022, as we’ve essentially absorbed some of the VAT we now charge (a legal obligation) so that we can continue to offer the best value we can to our subscribers.

We are streaming more year on year for the simple reason that it’s the one request we receive most from our subscribers - people have asked for more, so we are offering more.

For anybody reading, I’ve listed a comparison taking the above into account. The total prices listed below are the lowest prices a subscriber could buy the packages for:

2022: £152 | 41 streams = £3.71 per stream (£3.71 + No VAT)

2023: £208 | 54 streams = £3.85 per stream (£3.21 + VAT)

2024: £250 | 58 streams = £4.31 per stream (£3.59 + VAT)

Although the price per stream has increased to our customers, it has actually decreased to us as we are taking £3.59 for each stream after VAT in 2024, as opposed to £3.71 in 2022. Our costs have risen significantly too over that time period.

Hopefully that adds some context as to why we have had to increase prices. It is always our aim to offer the best value we can and we believe that £3.59 + VAT per stream does that. Unfortunately, lowering prices further would simply make the business model unviable.

Ben Duffill (BSN)

As I've said many times, I think what you offer represents great value for money and I will be signing up for a season pass once again. My post was not in anyway a criticism, more of an observation and I completely take on board what you are saying above as a business operator. I, on the other hand, am looking at it from the other side of the coin, a customer. We can swap statistics until the cows come home, you, quite rightly present the ppm number with percentage increases of 3.77% & 11.95%. But the price the punter pays out of their pocket has risen 37.5% & 19.6%... and I, personally, am happy to pay that.

Like I say, just an observation... keep up the good work :t:

• Thanks 1

have you ever thought of releasing one team only package? For instance if I just wanted to watch Scunthorpe and no one else. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, therefused said:

have you ever thought of releasing one team only package? For instance if I just wanted to watch Scunthorpe and no one else. 

It wouldn’t work unfortunately.

It’s impossible to predict how many streams a team will feature in, due to progression in the KO Cup, BSN Series and Play-Offs, as well as changes in schedule resulting from postponements.

Therefore pricing would be impossible as we couldn’t promise a fixed number of fixtures. It would also get very messy offering 19 different packages for sale.

The only feasible way to follow one particular team is to purchase Single Match Passes whenever that team features.

2 hours ago, therefused said:

Scunthorpe stream the majority of their home meetings by themselves and would highly recommend everyone to watch any of them.

The entertainment value served up by the presenters alone is far superior to any other streaming service and fantastic speedway on top. 

Jumped straight in and got the £250 option, looking forward to 2024 already.

I, too, jumped straight in on release day and got the £250 option, looking forward to 2024 already. That works out to about £4 and a few pence. Heck of a lot cheaper for a Cradley fan to pay than drive/pay for 58 matches on the road.  Money well spent in my book after spending years driving around the UK to live matches!

• Thanks 1