British Speedway Forum
edmon

Monarchs Academy 2023

22 hours ago, mac101 said:

www.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk/news-centre/article/2023-02-08/roynon-and-wood-join-monarchs-academy

Roynon and Aussie brit Doyle Wood to finish 

I will bring this up again but how can Roynon join on a 6.00 average? He rode in 4 official meetings for Plymouth last season and gained an average of 8.67! https://britishspeedway.co.uk/2022-rider-statistics/ Or by some absurdity if they are ignoring that, then he didn’t officially ride NL last season so his average should be his Championship average doubled. That is now 3.56 * 2 = 7.12. Not 6.00 which he joined the NL on midway through last season. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

I will bring this up again but how can Roynon join on a 6.00 average? He rode in 4 official meetings for Plymouth last season and gained an average of 8.67! https://britishspeedway.co.uk/2022-rider-statistics/ Or by some absurdity if they are ignoring that, then he didn’t officially ride NL last season so his average should be his Championship average doubled. That is now 3.56 * 2 = 7.12. Not 6.00 which he joined the NL on midway through last season. 

Is that minus 25% ?

16 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Making up as they go along as usual.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Islander15 said:

I will bring this up again but how can Roynon join on a 6.00 average? He rode in 4 official meetings for Plymouth last season and gained an average of 8.67! https://britishspeedway.co.uk/2022-rider-statistics/ Or by some absurdity if they are ignoring that, then he didn’t officially ride NL last season so his average should be his Championship average doubled. That is now 3.56 * 2 = 7.12. Not 6.00 which he joined the NL on midway through last season. 

Ridiculous should be challenged, even last season should never of been a 6

2 hours ago, Petecc said:

Is that minus 25% ?

Brits do not get a reduction in the NL. Prior to this season they were all British. Similarly you don’t take a British reduction off the Championship average before doubling, you just double it. 

30 minutes ago, Binman said:

No different to most other teams this year stretching the rules

Most other teams? Most teams have been built legit and a couple quite under the limit. Leicester have penalised themselves by taking on a 3.00 rider on nearly a 5. Mildy have stretched it with the use of Congreve its only the academy who have pushed the bar a long way.

4 hours ago, Islander15 said:

From what I believe when enquired about Roynon they were told he’d be on his 6.00 assessed as was given for Plymouth. As he hadn’t done enough to get a proper average he stays on his assessed one given. Academy just following what the BSPA have decided.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

From what I believe when enquired about Roynon they were told he’d be on his 6.00 assessed as was given for Plymouth. As he hadn’t done enough to get a proper average he stays on his assessed one given. Academy just following what the BSPA have decided.

That's all you can do really,,, follow the guidance?

3 hours ago, Binman said:

Not really he should never have been given a 6 assessed he's usually been a no1 in nl, but it's what he's on Not Edinburghs fault 

Edited by mc131

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

1. The 6.00 wasn’t assessed, it was his Championship average doubled which is how you equate an average when a rider is dropping down. 
2. He did do enough meetings last season! He did 4 meetings which is all that is needed to get a new average. 
3. Like I said previously, if for some reason they’re ignoring last season, then he should drop down on his current Championship average doubled. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

1. The 6.00 wasn’t assessed, it was his Championship average doubled which is how you equate an average when a rider is dropping down. 
2. He did do enough meetings last season! He did 4 meetings which is all that is needed to get a new average. 
3. Like I said previously, if for some reason they’re ignoring last season, then he should drop down on his current Championship average doubled. 

The big joke is the ignoring of the forth meeting,  boughan didnt get that luxury and saw his average nearly double which must have had an impact on his bargaining power and hurts Leicesters team building capabilities 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

The big joke is the ignoring of the forth meeting,  boughan didnt get that luxury and saw his average nearly double which must have had an impact on his bargaining power and hurts Leicesters team building capabilities 

Exactly and there must be consistency within the application of the rules, to uphold the integrity of the sport. 

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

And the 4 meeting rule blocked my rider from competing at the end of the year. Constantly told soon as a wheel is turned in the 4th meeting an average for the following season would be applied 

• Like 3