British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Oxford v Swindon Select - Rescheduled April 19

On 3/1/2023 at 8:26 AM, geoff100 said:

Wonder how many are put off with no paying at the gate?, is george english in charge of programme sales!

I never pay for anything online so this would definitely dissuade me from going to a speedway meeting. It's just laziness on the part of speedway clubs, it's like when you're in Tesco and you discover that only one checkout is cash only. they do it so they don't have to spend time at the end of a shift counting up the coins and putting them into bags.

Edited by Nickinho
spelling mistake
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

I never pay for anything online so this would definitely dissuade me from going to a speedway meeting. It's just laziness on the part of speedway clubs, it's like when you're in Tesco and you discover that only one checkout is cash only. they do it so they don't have to spend time at the end of a shift counting up the coins and putting them into bags.

In general I don't mind pay for things online but I don't like doing it on things that are weather dependent. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nickinho said:

You can pay on the gate but it costs a bit more and is payable by card. 

I said last year that I was amazed that the stadium isn't card only for everything. You might like to use cash but lots of places are going card only. Banks are few and far between nowadays so banking the takings is a pain in the neck. 

• Sad 1

A great meeting in prospect and all people can do is moan about having to buy tickets online even though you can pay on the gate.

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

In general I don't mind pay for things online but I don't like doing it on things that are weather dependent. 

...during the relaxation of lockdown you could only visit Fountains Abbey by booking a time slot on line. Why would I want to purchase a ticket for two days hence when the weather might be awful?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Toady said:

A great meeting in prospect and all people can do is moan about having to buy tickets online even though you can pay on the gate.

Customer is always right :D If people want to pay by cash then I don't see why they can't. Oxford is a city, plenty of banks around! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Customer is always right :D If people want to pay by cash then I don't see why they can't. Oxford is a city, plenty of banks around! 

Fair point,  but it’s just the way it is so those people will miss the meeting

3 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

I said last year that I was amazed that the stadium isn't card only for everything. You might like to use cash but lots of places are going card only. Banks are few and far between nowadays so banking the takings is a pain in the neck. 

...problem is many public car parks still require you to pay with cash so I always carry a supply of coins with me.

7 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

It’s news to me that you can pay on the gate. Last year if you tried to do that, you were directed to the website where you had to buy a ticket online like everybody else.

That said, I believe you can pay on the gate (card only) for the greyhounds, so perhaps they’ve introduced that for 2023. Is that the case? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

It’s news to me that you can pay on the gate. Last year if you tried to do that, you were directed to the website where you had to buy a ticket online like everybody else.

That said, I believe you can pay on the gate (card only) for the greyhounds, so perhaps they’ve introduced that for 2023. Is that the case? 

...sounds reasonable to me?

9 hours ago, Bojangles said:

All I've gone on with is that what it says more or less is that tickets are available on the day subject to availability and a price increase from the advance price.

Just copied and pasted the bit from the website. 

2023 Pay On The Day Ticket Prices – Online Pay On The Day E-Ticket

Oxford Cheetahs Matches – Adults 16yrs+ £22 – Accompanied Children Under 16yrs Free

Oxford Chargers Matches – Adults 16yrs+ £14 – Accompanied Children Under 16yrs Free

The mention of E Ticket suggests its buy through the website

Edited by Triple.H.

18 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

You obviously live in the only part of the country where banks are opening branches

• Haha 1

So - if you have cash in your pocket - but no money in your bank account, you can't get in?

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

You obviously live in the only part of the country where banks are opening branches

I love in a small town and pretty sure there is at least 3, possibly 4, plus a post office! 

26 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I love in a small town and pretty sure there is at least 3, possibly 4, plus a post office! 

Too much info on your love-life, Lisa?

• Haha 1